Weekly Kickball times (Indomitable)

hp
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Planning on setting up weekly kickballs for Saturday and Sunday and trying to gather info on what time would work best for the majority of the PvP community. Please vote accordingly and post any suggestions you might have.

UzQ8Eke.png

Kickball is a pickup league for PvP.  Team captains are designated and pick their team members from the pool of players who sign up.  Then it’s a bracket style tournament between the teams to determine a winner.  Super fun and evens the playing field a bit.  Also allows for a lot of non-meta PvP classes to participate in “competitive” PvP fun. 

A bit more casual than even that.

It is just a pick up game of PvP where two teams are randomly formed up with a general interest in balance.  I.e. If you have 2 emps, each team will get an emp.

Some matches still end up a bit one sided, but it tends to be back and forth.

After every match, new people are either rotated in or teams are mixed up and picked again usually with new captains.

No need to sign up in advance (other than maybe voting on the pool so we can see what time to do it), just show up at the time and you'll eventually get to play.

And it's really one of the funnest things you can go in this game.

Kickballs have also been the start of pretty much every league that was played on live after i13. If we get a solid number of people coming on, I'm sure more fun will follow.

Kickball is a pickup league for PvP.  Team captains are designated and pick their team members from the pool of players who sign up.  Then it’s a bracket style tournament between the teams to determine a winner.  Super fun and evens the playing field a bit.  Also allows for a lot of non-meta PvP classes to participate in “competitive” PvP fun.

I'm not sure what this is.

So kickball, at least what my definition is, is a match complied of whoever shows up with random captains who select players 1 at a time from whoever is in the event. If we have more than 16 people we would just have multiple going at a time or more than two teams per match. There's no bracket style tournament.

You just show up. All classes and builds welcome. Would recommend being at least level 47.

UzQ8Eke.png

I'm not sure what this is.

So kickball, at least what my definition is, is a match complied of whoever shows up with random captains who select players 1 at a time from whoever is in the event. If we have more than 16 people we would just have multiple going at a time or more than two teams per match. There's no bracket style tournament.

You just show up. All classes and builds welcome. Would recommend being at least level 47.

It's how we used to run Kickball PvP on test server back in the day.  A more casual way works too, carry on.

• 3 weeks later

So we've had two weeks of kickballs and the turnout has been pretty good so far, I want to thank all of those who have come out, been patient and participated. I also just wanted to take the time to address a few things.

First, is after this upcoming weekend (June 1st and 2nd) we're going to be changing the days of kickball from Saturday and Sunday to Saturday and Wednesday. Start time on Saturday will be 7pm EST and Wednesday will be at 9pm EST. I felt like back to back days of 3-4 hours of kickball is little much.

Secondly, I'm going to be implementing some rules to give players that don't get selected more chances to play. We'll continue you with having people that didn't get picked in the first match to join the next match on the black team so we know who didn't get picked and those players will have to be selected before anybody else. Also it's going to be requested that if you're selected for two games in a row to sit out the next match.

Thirdly, in regards to support players or more specifically Healers (Emps, Pains), if you've been playing in these kickballs it's pretty apparent there is a lack of them. I made a comment I believe on the first weekend about this but I guess I need to address it again. If a team only has one healer, you should not be targetting them, that goes for spikes and debuffing (poisons, colds, TA's, etc.) this isn't going to be enforced because obviously I can't control what you do at the end of the day but I would appreciate it if you all could comply with that. The reason being we all know how the damage is in the current state of the game to where healers are forced to use their big heal to give players some chance of surviving spikes that give them self heal suppression where they can't heal themselves. Also being harassed while being the solo healer isn't an enjoyable experience and the few healers we do get to show up to kickball are at the point where they'd rather play something else. So unless we just want to do damage vs damage teams in Kickball with no healers I would probably not target solo healers if at all possible.

Thanks for reading and see you all this weekend.

UzQ8Eke.png