Mercs/Nature - Blah. Not good

SmalltalkJava

Well I tried Mercs/Nature.  Even super tweaking to fit in procs and smooth runs where i taunted and didn't have to resummon one time.  The best I could do was 3:34, most runs were 3:50-4:02.    I did 10 runs total.

Lady Gray and Shield breaker in the pets.    The fastest time was with Lady Gray and Achilles Heel in the T1 pets.     Just not good at all.   On be best run, i broke my tradition and put in the tier 3 Musculature Incarnate.   The procs went off like crazy, but it just wasn't enough.

Poor Mercs. Poor poor mercs.

What's a "run"? Are you talking about taking down a Pylon?

I'd like to eventually have a 50 of each mastermind primary. Got a Beasts/Cold at 50. A Bots/Poison at 37 and Necro/Traps at 22. I've really been holding back on making the Mercs because.... well yeah, I've never really heard anything positive about them. Even Ninja I heard good things about if you can keep them alive.

Better people than I will have some form of idea on what they need to work.

Rerolling far too often, even by this game's standards.

A run was a pylon kill.   Also I did a PI portal mission. They were ok  in there.   I do have to say that for most runs on the puking I didn’t have to micro manage them running into melee that much.   I started them in Stay mode.  Then I’d run in and tell them to attack.  They’d move into range and start shooting.  One pylon kill I only had to tell them to “goto”about 4 times.  I was surprised.  Thing is with provoke.  I can provoke from range of need be or provoke in melee range.  So I could adjust myself to them. 

I should say say that they were fun, but as usual, lower dps than others.   The procs moved them into normal dps range for other pets, but still behind.     

As as we all mercs just need “ something”. Being more damage. Even a straight across the board % increase would work.  Their attacks do -def and take the sweet -def standard procs.  

I believe that “something” should include improved debuff/cc for Spec Ops, specifically to improve survivability by hurting the enemy’s damage output. Lower cooldown on tear gas/flashbang, AoE on web grenade, that sort of thing.

Poor DPA and especially poor DPS. Though I don’t get the fuss over DPA as much as their shoddy DPS that makes taking things out take longer than it should. Changing them to do single shot -> burst -> heavy burst would cut down on activation time by a great deal and help both DPA and DPS substantially. If their full auto’s gonna be a wimpy 5 degree cone with low AoE damage anyways may as well change the third attack to single target with some bite to it.

Edited by Shazbotacus

On 10/5/2019 at 12:20 AM, McJigg said:

What's a "run"? Are you talking about taking down a Pylon?

I'd like to eventually have a 50 of each mastermind primary. Got a Beasts/Cold at 50. A Bots/Poison at 37 and Necro/Traps at 22. I've really been holding back on making the Mercs because.... well yeah, I've never really heard anything positive about them. Even Ninja I heard good things about if you can keep them alive.

Better people than I will have some form of idea on what they need to work.

I'd probably go mercs/storm for your mercs.  Gives them probably the most damage help you can give them and some hefty -res help.