New Controller/Sentinel Archetype

Papias

I would very much enjoy playing an archetype with controller primary and sentinel secondary. Some of the concepts I would like to make for example are Fire/Fire, Gravity/SR, Mind/WP, Plant/Reg, Dark/Dark, Elec/Elec.

Edited by Papias

1 hour ago, Lost Ninja said:

Think I'd prefer a Tank version. Defense Primary/Control Secondary.

That would be painfully slow. With Control First, an Illusion Control Wall (That's my placeholder name for this Archetype) would have to wait until level 18 to really do anything (Hello PA!), but with Armor First, an Illusion Control Wall would have to wait until level 28. So that is 28 levels with your only damage coming from T1 and T2 single target attacks and Deceive... basically this AT would railroad you into teaming.

(While some ATs are more team friendly than others, until now all ATs have been able to solo, team, and PVP. Some are better at certain aspects than others. But, there has not been an AT that is essentially sealed off from one of these three avenues of play, but a Wall may just do that at low levels, especially if Armor was the Primary.)

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

5 hours ago, Zepp said:

That would be painfully slow. With Control First, an Illusion Control Wall (That's my placeholder name for this Archetype) would have to wait until level 18 to really do anything (Hello PA!), but with Armor First, an Illusion Control Wall would have to wait until level 28. So that is 28 levels with your only damage coming from T1 and T2 single target attacks and Deceive... basically this AT would railroad you into teaming.

(While some ATs are more team friendly than others, until now all ATs have been able to solo, team, and PVP. Some are better at certain aspects than others. But, there has not been an AT that is essentially sealed off from one of these three avenues of play, but a Wall may just do that at low levels, especially if Armor was the Primary.)

If I were concerned about doing lots of damage I wouldn't pick it obviously. And has already been noted the other version (Control/Tank) wouldn't exactly be doing great damage either. And please dumping a bunch of pets with mostly knockback attacks into something isn't control, at best it's chaos... 😉

Controller/Buffer but with Blaster damage caps.... now that would fun. 😄

4 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

If I were concerned about doing lots of damage I wouldn't pick it obviously. And has already been noted the other version (Control/Tank) wouldn't exactly be doing great damage either. And please dumping a bunch of pets with mostly knockback attacks into something isn't control, at best it's chaos... 😉

Controller/Buffer but with Blaster damage caps.... now that would fun. 😄

I was referring to a specific control set that is notable in that its main source of damage is delayed until level 18 (28 if moved to secondary), to point out that control is not like a damage set. You cannot expect it to work as a secondary and be the primary source of damage for the AT without railroading low to mid level players into teaming...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

One of my concerns is that this hypothetical AT is practically tailor-made for multi-boxers, as a full-support appendage for the damage-dealing main.  Lack of soloing ability ceases to be an issue when they're never intended to, just be a pocket ______ dragged around by a brute/blaster/etc.