Elec/Elec/Mu needs a good one-slot wonder...

Generator

Hey,

So I just took Power Surge out of the build plan for my Elec brute, just to see what happens to him.  (It's a shame, I adore Power Surge, but I just no longer find myself using it all that much.)  If I take it out I find I can happily use the slots elsewhere, but still have one power (but no slots) as an open choice.  Any suggestions for what to do with that one open choice?

Later on,

Generator

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.4
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

OhmWrecker: Level 50 Science Brute
Primary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Charged Brawl -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(9), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(9), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(13)
Level 4: Jacobs Ladder -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(21)
Level 6: Havoc Punch -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(23), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 14: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 16: Grounded -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(33)
Level 18: Chain Induction -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(33), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34)
Level 20: Lightning Reflexes -- Flight-I(A)
Level 22: Thunder Strike -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam(37), Ags-Psi/Status(39)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(40), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 32: Lightning Rod -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(45)
Level 35: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(45), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Taunt -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(46), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(46), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(46), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(48), MckBrt-Rchg(48)
Level 41: Mu Lightning -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 44: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 49: Electrifying Fences -- EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Heal(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

Power Surge is probably the best power to put there, but it's a power a lot of people hate.

You might be able to run Stealth with Energize and Power Sink, or it could just be used for a LotG special.  Hover, Grant Invisibility and Maneuvers also work for that.  Hover can mess with Grounded though.

There's always Weaken Resolve from the new Force of Will set, but that could really use two slots (Acc and an Achilles' Heel -Res).

Lightning Clap also needs two slots (Acc and KB->KD special).

So basically I'd say stick with Power Surge for it's occasional use, take something for another 7.5% global +Rech or find another slot (perhaps franken-slot Lightning Field).

EDIT:

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly or not... but aren't Regenerative Tissue and Miracle specials implemented as set bonuses rather than procs?  If so they work slotted in Aid Other.

EDIT 2:

Tested that, you'd have to run AO every two minutes to keep the buff, it's not constant.

I just don't think anything qualifies as a one-slot "wonder"

Edited by csr

12 hours ago, Shoulung said:

I’m thinking stealth with LoTG would still be useful, since you can slap a stealth IO in sprint and zoom around in speed ITFs and what not.

The more I think about this the more I suspect that's the way I'll do it.

I find this to be a tradeoff of unsatisfying options.  I like the set bonuses from full Lockdown, but was barely using Power Surge.  Now the slots from that have moved around, and a lot of them ended up in Taunt.  The taunt sets offer good set bonuses, but good god, does Taunt really need that much enhancement?  (Hint: No)  🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Why not take Lightning Clap? Put an Acc, KB-to-KD, and Force Feedback proc in it, and the proc will go off nearly every time you hit more than 2 or 3 enemies with it. You can take the slots from Charged Brawl, you'll probably never actually need to use it to attack with.

Hm, well on my Elec/Elec/Mu Scrapper, I almost never use Charged Brawl, but I have Mu Bolts if I need a fast, low-damage attack. You could also take one slot from Lightning Rod, dropping the proc from Unrelenting Fury. That would only cost you 6% NE resist and .9 seconds of recharge in Lightning Rod. The proc itself isn't very useful unless you put it in a power you can use frequently and build stacks of it. Then take only one slot from Charged Brawl, dropping one of the triple CI IOs and replacing another triple with a +5 Acc/Dam/Recharge Hecatomb. That'll cost you 7% global accuracy and 9% damage in Charged Brawl, but it'll open up the two slots you need to make Lightning Clap worthwhile.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:43 AM, Vanden said:

Why not take Lightning Clap? Put an Acc, KB-to-KD, and Force Feedback proc in it, and the proc will go off nearly every time you hit more than 2 or 3 enemies with it. You can take the slots from Charged Brawl, you'll probably never actually need to use it to attack with.

I lived with the knockback, but I also run electric fences and wait to use LC until all the mobs are brawling me inside the fences. 

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.