Rad/Fire Aura leveling build

Mageman

I would like to find a Radiation Melee/Fire Aura Brute leveling  build. I’ve found several that are maxed out including IOs. The problem with them is they aren’t designed for getting to level 50. A prime example is they are missing Consume (FA) which really helps at lower levels with endurance recovery. Thank you.

The reason I would like to have it is I don’t have a farming character to feed me. So I will be working through the levels and running a few side missions (including all of the bank missions). This means I will need to get enhancements for my character, and they should help me level faster.

Edited by Mageman

For leveling there is no real guide or build.  You pick the powers you think you will use and go with it.  For attacks slot first accuracy, then endurance reduction, then recharge and the rest damage (at least for brutes).  If you are running higher level stuff like +2 or more then swap one of the damage for accuracy.   For shields do one end reduction and 2 or 3 resists.  Temp protection only needs 1 or 2 slots tops.  Damage toggles I normally put in 1 accuracy and 2 end reduction and 3 damage.  I normally stop with 5 slots for attacks and fill in the 6th at higher levels.  I would recommend holding off on Irradiated ground until you get consume as those couple levels will be quite rough on your endurance bar if you take IG first.  Oh and Burn I would skip the end reduction as its cost is nominal and replace that with a 2nd recharge. 

While leveling you may consider taking Energy Mastery for better endurance management and then switching to Mu for farming once you hit 50.  I would also recommend getting at least 1 KB IO and throwing it in your travel power since there is no KB protection in /Fire and with 2 damage toggles, taking acrobatics would just make it even more end hungry.  Other IOs that will change your life but can be more expensive are Performance Shifter proc (stamnia), Miracle, and Panacea (health).

Edited by HelenCarnate

Basically go this way.  Once you hit L30 or L35, common IOs.

Attacks: 2 Acc, 2 Dam, 1 EndRedux (if you have a spare slot, an  1 Rech)

Armors that are "Auto": 2 Resist or 2 Def

Toggle Armors: 1 EndRedux, 2 Resist/Def

Armors that provide BOTH Defense and Resist: 1 EndRedux, 1 Resist, 1 Def

Auto Heals/Regen: 2 Heals

Clickie Heals: 2 Heals, 1 Recharge (if you have a spare slot, toss and EndRedux in)

Toggle Heals: 2 Heals, 1 EndRedux

Build-Up/Aim: 2 Rech

Toggle To-Hit (Tactics, etc): 1 EndRedux, 2 +ToHit

Stamina: 2-3 EndMod

That may or may not be EVERYTHING.  But that gives you a general idea to build off of.

You can help yourself along by acquiring certain set IOs at your earliest convenience:

At least 1 KB Protection IO.  Fire Armor has NO KB Protection/Resistance AT ALL.

Panacea: +Heal/+End (HEALTH)
Numina's Unique: (HEALTH)
Miracle Unique: (HEALTH)
Performance Shifter Unique: (STAMINA)

Steadfast Protection: Res/Def (Earliest possible Resist Armor)
Gladiator's Armor TP Protection/3% Defense: (Earliest possible Resist Armor)
Shield Wall Resist Teleportaion/5% Resistance: (Earliest possible Defense Armor)
Reactive Defenses Scaling Resist: (Earliest possible Defense Armor)

And if you're on a character using Hide or another form of Stealth power, grab Unbounded Leap or Celerity and stuff it in Sprint or one of the Prestige Sprints or SuperSpeed.

Note: The first 4 won't ELIMINATE your Endurance issues.  But they'll reduce them drastically.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Thanks 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Steadfast Protection: Res/Def (Earliest possible Resist Armor)
Gladiator's Armor TP Protection/3% Defense: (Earliest possible Resist Armor)
Shield Wall Resist Teleportaion/5% Resistance: (Earliest possible Defense Armor)
Reactive Defenses Scaling Resist: (Earliest possible Defense Armor)

Also, be aware that if you already possess these at higher levels, it is worth it to Attune them to slot as soon as possible. Either use Catalyst drops or buy them from Wentworths (the most cost-effective options) and don’t waste 20 merits on them.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward