Hammi raid Griefers

Sidious

Leandro posted on the Homecoming Discord a few weeks ago that after the Rikti mothership raid trial instance was finished, he will begin work on a Hamidon raid trial instance.  Complete with monster hunt.  Once that is finished and added to the regular servers, that will be your best bet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

Leandro posted on the Homecoming Discord a few weeks ago that after the Rikti mothership raid trial instance was finished, he will begin work on a Hamidon raid trial instance.  Complete with monster hunt.  Once that is finished and added to the regular servers, that will be your best bet.

This is awesome news. 

5 hours ago, Sidious said:

Can something be done about the Griefers at hammi raids?

The people that just sit in the zone, never join the raid and deliberately block people from entering due to the population cap?

Yeah, I've been feeling like we need some sort of SG coalition calling-circle, so that only vetted players will hear the call for raid. Sure, a few leechers might still show up out of luck, but it would definitely cut down on that.

6 minutes ago, VV said:

This is awesome news. 

Indeed.  It should cut down on griefing substantially.  However, someone else will have to lead the raid trial tests.  I just hope that that person has better luck getting testers than I did for the MSR trial tests. 😄

34 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Indeed.  It should cut down on griefing substantially.  However, someone else will have to lead the raid trial tests.  I just hope that that person has better luck getting testers than I did for the MSR trial tests. 😄

Hm, I've yet to get on the test shard, yet. I guess that could be incentive.

45 minutes ago, VV said:

Yeah, I've been feeling like we need some sort of SG coalition calling-circle, so that only vetted players will hear the call for raid. Sure, a few leechers might still show up out of luck, but it would definitely cut down on that.

Speaking as a free agent who comes to raids and participates, please no.

• Like 4

If it works like trials where you just form a league and start it when ready, I see no problem.  Current trials are pretty easy to join/initiate.... easier than getting in a MSR or Hami IMHO.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

15 hours ago, VV said:

I'm not about to go that extreme. I was thinking of just reporting them to a GM for griefing the raid and asking the GM to move them out of the zone voluntarily or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidious said:

I'm not about to go that extreme. I was thinking of just reporting them to a GM for griefing the raid and asking the GM to move them out of the zone voluntarily or not. 

Given that the GMs are all volunteers who have kindly donated a lot of time to bring our home back, I try to bother them as little as possible. Try to figure out ways for the players to handle stuff

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Current trials are pretty easy to join/initiate....

When we last tried it (last weekend), there were mapserver issues on joining the MSR trial with a full league.  It seems like about half the league doesn't make it into the instance.   So... it still needs some work.

11 minutes ago, VV said:

Given that the GMs are all volunteers who have kindly donated a lot of time to bring our home back, I try to bother them as little as possible. Try to figure out ways for the players to handle stuff

Yep.  That's one of the reasons why I think they've spent so much time on the MSR trial and soon the Hamidon raid trial, so raid leaders can handle griefers on their own by giving them the boot.

Regrettable that some folks main enjoyment (likely not limited to their time in CoH) comes from pissing other people off.  We all know they are out there, but it is just unfathomable that is what they consider the best use of their time. 🙄

What was no more, is REBORN!

18 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Regrettable that some folks main enjoyment (likely not limited to their time in CoH) comes from pissing other people off.  We all know they are out there, but it is just unfathomable that is what they consider the best use of their time. 🙄

'Twas ever thus, Brax,  You and I both remember very similar discussions on the original forums.

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

6 minutes ago, PSLAnimal said:

'Twas ever thus, Brax,  You and I both remember very similar discussions on the original forums.

Regrettably, I do.  I'll wager there are similar threads in any game forum currently in existence, highlighting the fact that it always has been a problem, and (unfortunately) always will be.

• Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!