Spectral Terror numbers? (Tohit Debuff)

Solarverse

So I have been looking and looking, even went to this web site that is known for having the most detailed information about powers possible, and I cannot find the debuff percentages for this power anywhere. Can anyone show me where I can find the actual percentages for this debuff? I am specifically looking for the tohit debuff percentages.

So after a small bit of investigating, I found that Spectral Terror uses Cloak of Fear, which is a Scrapper/Brute/Stalker power. Cloak of Fear has a -5% to hit debuff. So is it safe to assume that Spectral Terror also has a -5% tohit debuff?

No, not in the slightestest. Red Tomax's site on the wayback machine unfortunately doesn't handle nested power lists, so you can't see what powers a summoned entity has... well, there are places to see WHAT powers it has, but not what their stats are.

However, I believe that the various hero designer programs such as Mids', Mids' Reborn, etc, have the correct values, which are:

-15% ToHit Debuff (enhanceable) on the AoE Fear effect (Cloak of Fear)

-15% ToHit Debuff (NOT enhanceable) on the single-target fear (don't recall its name).

So against a single target such as a boss, Spooky puts out -30% unenhanced and about 22% enhanced. Against AoE, it's 15% unenhanced, and 22% enhanced. Note that both powers will benefit from IOs such as the Controller AT IO that does damage, or the Glimpse of the Abyss damage proc, so you're getting double the damage effect from these procs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coyote said:

No, not in the slightestest. Red Tomax's site on the wayback machine unfortunately doesn't handle nested power lists, so you can't see what powers a summoned entity has... well, there are places to see WHAT powers it has, but not what their stats are.

However, I believe that the various hero designer programs such as Mids', Mids' Reborn, etc, have the correct values, which are:

-15% ToHit Debuff (enhanceable) on the AoE Fear effect (Cloak of Fear)

-15% ToHit Debuff (NOT enhanceable) on the single-target fear (don't recall its name).

So against a single target such as a boss, Spooky puts out -30% unenhanced and about 22% enhanced. Against AoE, it's 15% unenhanced, and 22% enhanced. Note that both powers will benefit from IOs such as the Controller AT IO that does damage, or the Glimpse of the Abyss damage proc, so you're getting double the damage effect from these procs.

This is great news. I was trying to decide if it was worth slotting for tohit debuff. This is more than worth it. Thank you for the info. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:54 AM, Solarverse said:

So I have been looking and looking, even went to this web site that is known for having the most detailed information about powers possible, and I cannot find the debuff percentages for this power anywhere. Can anyone show me where I can find the actual percentages for this debuff? I am specifically looking for the tohit debuff percentages.

In character creation screen under illusion powers click on the green exclamation mark in the upper right, then click on the little + sign next to "cloak of fear" and "terrify", it gives the numbers.  You may have to scroll the power info screen down for the click on the + to work sometimes (at least I do) or even click on the first in the list 'translucency' and then scroll down before clicking the +.  It can be fiddly for some reason.  

Or much easier, in game once you have the power, go to enhancement management screen, click on show detailed info, and do the same.   

Or even before you have the power in game you can try to type the name of the power in brackets [spectral terror] and then click on the link created and go to detailed info and once again click on the +

I trust in game more than hero planners.  But there are a few powers this won't work on, usually the ones with variable damage under different circumstances (snipes, cross punch).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

In character creation screen under illusion powers click on the green exclamation mark in the upper right, then click on the little + sign next to "cloak of fear" and "terrify", it gives the numbers.  You may have to scroll the power info screen down for the click on the + to work sometimes (at least I do) or even click on the first in the list 'translucency' and then scroll down before clicking the +.  It can be fiddly for some reason.  

Or much easier, in game once you have the power, go to enhancement management screen, click on show detailed info, and do the same.   

Or even before you have the power in game you can try to type the name of the power in brackets [spectral terror] and then click on the link created and go to detailed info and once again click on the +

I trust in game more than hero planners.  But there are a few powers this won't work on, usually the ones with variable damage under different circumstances (snipes, cross punch).

I'll be damned, good work, Riverdusk. Thank you!

• 1 year later

Arise!

I happened to be searching for Spectral Terror info regarding the -tohit numbers and this answered my question.

It did lead to another though.  I noticed I could slot To-hit debuff sets but not Accurate THD.

From that should I infer that the fear needs a to-hit check but the -tohit does not?

I'm sort of tight on slots for my theorycrafting of an ill/storm and if I can get by with 4 DWD that'd be great.