Can SG bases become player housing?

Solas67

Hi all.

As the question implies, I wouldn't mind having some space of my own to work with without having to give up the possibility of joining an SG. I know there's the option of creating an alt you can then ally to your main to get access to said base, but it seems a convoluted workaround.

Presuming base data is stored clientside, wouldn't be a toggle issue of switching between 'guild' and 'personal' spaces? Maybe it's not, I don't really know. But in the day and age where bases can really be given that personal touch, I'd like to find out if just for myself what the options might be.

There is currently no way for a character to belong to two SG's (and therefore have their own base/housing). 

Only way to have independent housing is to start up a solo SG/Base.

I have no idea if it would be a possibility in the future, but if it could happen, I think it might be a while.

I would think coalitions would work pretty well for that purpose.

Coalitions "can" work ... but last I checked (Issue 23) there was a limit to the number of SGs that can be in a single coalition (10).

And you are still only a member of one SG (presumably your own)

Presuming base data is stored clientside

Pretty sure it's server side to prevent abuse. Probably why we've never see an offline base editor.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 weeks later

Could you potentially build a base on a dummy character, and then use the 'access code' to get to it from your other characters?

It wouldn't exactly be 'yours' in the character sense, but would that let you get around the 2 supergroup issue?

What man hath wrought, let no god tear asunder.