The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Personal MM requests

moondoon

Just a couple of personal MM requests.  I'll keep playing them even if this doesn't get changed, just things I would like to see.

1. Can the upgrades at 6 and 32 be made auto, so that I just summon the upgraded henchmen and I don't need to upgrade them each time I summon them. I mean, I don't use the abilities very often as is, unless my pets are dying a lot, but it is still a bit annoying.

2. Increase the survivability of the medic and arsonist.  I finally got my medic yesterday and went into a mission.  He died in about 2 seconds.  I don't even know what happened because it happened so fast.  There was a mob when I entered and then the medic was dead.

3. Remove the "brawl"/melee attacks of bots, mercs, and thugs (except for bruiser of course).

4. NEW 11/03/19: Turn all minion KB to KD.  KB is not my favorite thing, but as a MM I hate it even more, it makes controlling your pets just that much harder. And when your pets are knocking things all over the place and end up aggroing more group than you can handle because of that KB, that is not good. I'm using sudden acceleration KB to KD in all three of my robo pets.

And some random changes that I would never actually expect to see because it would change the core powersets too much, and these may not be for everyone, but I like musing over them.

1. Necromancy:

A. Change the third tier 1 pet into a bloated zombie, no brawl, but has a targeted AoE vomit bomb and a vile stench aura the does toxic DoT with a small chance to "sleep" enemies as they are gagging.

B. Change the tier 2 knights into 2 separate knights, one with a sword and shield, the other with a Titan Weapon or maybe dual wield. I mean I would prefer it just be a 2 handed weapon, but the only option would be Titan. Maybe remove the ranged blasts.

C. Change Soul Extraction to work on enemies as well.  Shorter duration and recharge to compensate.

2. Mercs: Really other than the no brawl from my above request; maybe only one attack for medic, give it another heal or henchmen buff, like a mini stimulant ability.

I may add more to this list later, but I just like musing and putting it out into the universe, even if no one reads this or comments, etc.

Edited by moondoon
  • Like 2

Just now, moondoon said:

1. Can the upgrades at 6 and 32 be made auto, so that I just summon the upgraded henchmen and I don't need to upgrade them each time I summon them. I mean, I don't use the abilities very often as is, unless my pets are dying a lot, but it is still a bit annoying.

It would be interesting to do something like turn the upgrade power into an auto that basically pulses from you as a PBAoE every so often.

1 minute ago, moondoon said:

2. Increase the survivability of the medic and arsonist.  I finally got my medic yesterday and went into a mission.  He died in about 2 seconds.  I don't even know what happened because it happened so fast.  There was a mob when I entered and then the medic was dead.

Use the MM commands to better control and reign-in your pets, and your secondary to bolster their survivability.

2 minutes ago, moondoon said:

3. Remove the "brawl"/melee attacks of bots, mercs, and thugs (except for bruiser of course).

I would also like to see this.  There has been some discussion on the forums about this, but it seems  modifying pet behavior is easier said than done.

3 minutes ago, moondoon said:

1. Necromancy:

A. Change the third tier 1 pet into a bloated zombie, no brawl, but has a targeted AoE vomit bomb and a vile stench aura the does toxic DoT with a small chance to "sleep" enemies as they are gagging.

It would be nice for the generic zombies to get some love.  Sounds kind of like a "Boomer" from Left4Dead.

4 minutes ago, moondoon said:

B. Change the tier 2 knights into 2 separate knights, one with a sword and shield, the other with a Titan Weapon or maybe dual wield. I mean I would prefer it just be a 2 handed weapon, but the only option would be Titan. Maybe remove the ranged blasts.

It would be nice for the older MM sets to get a bit of a revamp.

4 minutes ago, moondoon said:

C. Change Soul Extraction to work on enemies as well.  Shorter duration and recharge to compensate.

This would be great!  Maybe just use the T1/2/3 version for minion, LT, boss+ enemies.

52 minutes ago, biostem said:

It would be interesting to do something like turn the upgrade power into an auto that basically pulses from you as a PBAoE every so often.

Immediate downside: You have a pet go down, so you resummon them, and they jump back into action... and then either have run outside the range of your PBAoE auto-upgrade, or get yanked out of combat while the upgrade animation plays out... during which time they get taken out again.

6 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Immediate downside: You have a pet go down, so you resummon them, and they jump back into action... and then either have run outside the range of your PBAoE auto-upgrade, or get yanked out of combat while the upgrade animation plays out... during which time they get taken out again.

Then increase the AoE, or have it able to affect pets while they're playing their summon animation.

EDIT:  Another alternative, (though more complicated), would be to add a new version of each pet summoning power as you unlock the upgrades;  Basically a "Summon T1 + upgrade 1" and "Summon T1 + upgrade 1 & 2"...

Edited by biostem

12 hours ago, biostem said:

Then increase the AoE, or have it able to affect pets while they're playing their summon animation.

EDIT:  Another alternative, (though more complicated), would be to add a new version of each pet summoning power as you unlock the upgrades;  Basically a "Summon T1 + upgrade 1" and "Summon T1 + upgrade 1 & 2"...

That's effectively what Cross Punch, Boxing, and Kick do now - there's four versions of Boxing and Kick, and two versions of Cross Punch(only two because you MUST take Boxing or Kick to get to Cross Punch, without exception).  Which one the game calls is determined by which powers you have - Boxing calls Boxing A, Boxing + Kick calls Boxing B, Boxing + Cross Punch calls Boxing C, Boxing +kick +Cross Punch calls Boxing D.  This is also why Cross Punch's damage doesn't show properly on the ingame numbers - same as with Titan, because the ingame numbers display wasn't set up to handle the variable calls used.

So to do this, you'd need to make 3 more versions of each pet power, rebuild the mastermind pet entries by removing the upgraded minions from the base power and slapping them into new tables that will (hopefully) answer the relevant calls, recode the upgrade powers to autos with no slots since they couldn't be slotted for anything, repurpose the Fighting Pool synergy code, build the code hooks to call the appropriate table when a summon is used, cram it all into the codebase and hit Pineapple or whatever it's named at that point, reciting the mantra the Live devs did every new push:  "Please God don't let it break everything again".  You'd also probably need to rebalance Masterminds whole-cloth, as the time and END spent resummoning and rebuffing is meant to be a limiter on their max output in hard-target (AV/GM/EB) situations.

14 hours ago, biostem said:

This is a more reasonable suggestion, by far.

Turn the Upgrades into Autopowers that change the Power Call and create a separate power for each tier of minion. Sort of like Momentum and Titan Weapons. Technology that didn't exist when the MM Pets were being created.

BUT. There's a lot of people who don't like putting the T3 upgrade on their Lich because it lowers the Lich's DPS in favor of more Control effects. Players who prefer that style would be SoL with this change.