warburg temp powers

Jacktar

Hi, been logging off in Warburg for the day job and got wondering,

1. does anybody remember what order to use the three temp powers (Nuclear Chemical Biological) was generally accepted to be the “best” and what content were they best used against.

2. do these temp powers still have the same “value/impact” given all the incarnate weapons we now have?

Thanks

Here's some not too detailed info about them, basically what MetaVile said:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Warburg_Nuke

1.  There's not really a hierarchy so much as there's "the right tool for the job".  Back in the retail version, I tried to make sure I had all 3 at any point in time.  My own preference for order to acquire - 1) bio 2) chem 3) nuke

2.  Eh, they seem a bit like overkill now.  You can't use them for iTrials and everything else gets steamrolled with a quickness.  Still, it might be worth having one or two in your back pocket in case you somehow get stuck on some hell team that can't defeat the Freedom Phalanx (for example) for some reason.

Frankly the only reason I don't pursue them now is due to how annoyed I get at the scientists and how dumb they are at following.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info 👍😀

“how annoyed I get at the scientists and how dumb they are at following” lol this is just so true!

It did not take me long to remember that then as now I always captured one and then ran/walked backwards all the way to the drop point just to see as soon as they lost interest and stopped following. 

Main power during the journey was /em slap! 

Cheers

Remember for gathering nuke codes, you can use the "access bypass" salvage (which you can buy from the auction house) to work in the place of a code. You can only carry one at a time, but having to babysit 2 scientists instead of 3 each run is still a time saver. 

And yeah, they're kind of overkill, but they do still have their uses. If I'm being a bit antisocial and don't want to form a team for a TF, they can be great for taking down AVs I wouldn't otherwise be able to solo.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I believe you can get around the carry limit of the Unique Salvage by emailing it to yourself, Piyerus.  Although, I've never actually used it before, so . . . at what point is the Salvage actually consumed?  

You can only carry 1 copy of the salvage in your inventory at a time, trying to claim from email doesn't let you exceed the limit. You can email them to yourself so you don't have to leave the zone to get a new one from AH each time, so that can save some time, but you'll still need to capture 2 scientists to launch a rocket.

The salvage is consumed when you use one of the launch computers to get a launch key (the point where you choose whether you want a Biological, Nuclear, or Chemical payload).

As far as I know there's no way to cheese this so you can use more than one access bypass at once.

• Like 2

Access Bypass seems to have a very low drop rate.  I do a disproportionate number of mayhems (I genuinely enjoy those) and recently got my first access bypass since starting up in... May, I think it was.  I always do all the sides so I've been doing the "smash and grabs" they drop from.  Based on my number of 50s, I'm going to guess I've done at least 100 smash and grabs (and whatever the hero equivalent is) and only have 1 access bypass to show for it.