Super Strength / Fire - Farming Brute

Hurricane31

48 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The age of this thread has me worried about replying but:

DO NOT DO SS/FIRE BRUTE FIREFARMER

The rage crashes for me were just too much, 10 seconds of nothing does not feel good and it just super noticeable when in constant combat.  Sure outside of Atlas you can rage crash between groups and whatnot but ugh.  While SS/Fire/Mu did some nice damage I eventually got too sick and tired of the rage crash and went Radi/Fire/Mu

This is incredible wrong and amazes me that people think they have to use RAGE to farm.

Please see my build and every post I made.. Rage IS NOT needed to farm.

Also with SS you don't need MU as your epic since you don't need that extra AOE power to include in your rotation (it doesn't do enough damage anyways)

Edited by Hurricane31

10 hours ago, Hurricane31 said:

This is incredible wrong and amazes me that people think they have to use RAGE to farm.

Please see my build and every post I made.. Rage IS NOT needed to farm.

Also with SS you don't need MU as your epic since you don't need that extra AOE power to include in your rotation (it doesn't do enough damage anyways)

then.. why SS at all?  literally the sets gimmick.

Radiation Melee is about non-resisted damage types, TWO irradiated ground patches filled with procs and build up.  using SS to farm is dumb and using SS without rage is dumbererererer

6 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

then.. why SS at all?  literally the sets gimmick.

Radiation Melee is about non-resisted damage types, TWO irradiated ground patches filled with procs and build up.  using SS to farm is dumb and using SS without rage is dumbererererer

Why SS? because of Foot Stomp and the +recharge you can put in your main AOE attack!

You should really try making my build to see how it performs before you say it makes no sense. you'd be surprised by its efficiency (but keep thinking it needs rage).

Nah ss/fa is perfectly fine to farm, it's incredibly competitive with other top tier sets. I've seen it finish maps with incredible time.  However I see skipping rage to be problematic as it's a huge source of +dmg and to +to hit, which when built around can negate the need for extra acc being slotted into powers.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, Hurricane31 said:

You should really try making my build to-

I am perfectly happy with rad/fire/mu blowing my spine/fire/pyre and ss/fire/mu out of the water in cave firefarm times.  Maybe you shouldnt take so much pride in alts and trying to convince others to not be optimal because you have a special attraction to something

My SS/Fire/Mu Brute "farmer" (he farms, but it's not really a farming build) doesn't have Rage. Skipping Rage on an SS/Fire Brute doesn't hurt farming as much as it does other content. Yes, it's arguably suboptimal. Numerical analysis linked below. Super Strength itself doesn't seem to be optimal if maximum fire farming efficiency is what you care most about. But Super Strength is at least still reasonably competitive with or without Rage. As far as raging or not raging, this was my conclusion from a numerical analysis in this long ago post...

"I monitor my damage bonus on farms, and I'm going to guess that I average about 450%, but with wide swings around that number. At that level of damage, Rage might still help me just a tiny bit on average, but it would often hinder more than it helps. Double-stacked Rage hinders even more often, and might not even be considered a help at all on average."

Edited by Werner

22 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I am perfectly happy with rad/fire/mu blowing my spine/fire/pyre and ss/fire/mu out of the water in cave firefarm times.  Maybe you shouldnt take so much pride in alts and trying to convince others to not be optimal because you have a special attraction to something

LOL, that's cute. Anyways, i'm happy with my SS build and this originally stated with me asking for advice on my build and then correcting the wrong assumptoins about SS

22 hours ago, Unrandom said:

Hurricane31, What is you're average influence gain per 10 minutes?

I've never timed it but if you'd like to help me set up hero stats and what to look for i'd be happy to provide that info!

I believe the standard farming metric, if there is one at all, is to run the comicon fire farm on the asteroid, start the timer when you appear on the map in the first mission, and stop the timer when you click the glowy in the last mission. Check your raw influence before and after, without selling any drops. Convert to influence per minute. I haven't checked numbers in a long time, but dividing the pre-inf-nerf numbers by 2, I'd expect the fastest inf/minute with that metric to be in the neighborhood of 1.25 million influence per minute. Someone with more recent experience might be able to give better information. My own Rageless SS/Fire should be 1.05 million influence per minute if I'm right about just dividing old numbers by 2 to get new numbers. So not at the top end, but I think not bad for a Rageless SS/Fire not specifically built for fire farming.

SS/Fire is definitely a bit slower than Rad, & haven't tried quills yet.  However... it is much easier to farm with SS due to much lower endurance usage.

I'm constantly having to watch my endurance with rad - and don't have to give it a 2nd thought with SS.  

29 minutes ago, Werner said:

I believe the standard farming metric, if there is one at all, is to run the comicon fire farm on the asteroid, start the timer when you appear on the map in the first mission, and stop the timer when you click the glowy in the last mission. Check your raw influence before and after, without selling any drops. Convert to influence per minute. I haven't checked numbers in a long time, but dividing the pre-inf-nerf numbers by 2, I'd expect the fastest inf/minute with that metric to be in the neighborhood of 1.25 million influence per minute. Someone with more recent experience might be able to give better information. My own Rageless SS/Fire should be 1.05 million influence per minute if I'm right about just dividing old numbers by 2 to get new numbers. So not at the top end, but I think not bad for a Rageless SS/Fire not specifically built for fire farming.

So you have to do all missions in the arc? Inspirations, no inspirations, pets no pets?what incarnates should i have set to make all other things equal besides build?

27 minutes ago, krj12 said:

SS/Fire is definitely a bit slower than Rad, & haven't tried quills yet.  However... it is much easier to farm with SS due to much lower endurance usage.

I'm constantly having to watch my endurance with rad - and don't have to give it a 2nd thought with SS.  

It's really not slower and hopefully i can run the numbers by weeks end.

11 minutes ago, Hurricane31 said:

So you have to do all missions in the arc? Inspirations, no inspirations, pets no pets?what incarnates should i have set to make all other things equal besides build?

Right, all five missions, including time between missions. Everything allowed, basically, as long as you're solo. You can load up on inspirations. Summon your Lore pets. Do base empowerment buffs. Temporary power boosts from pay to win. Email inspirations to yourself. Incarnate powers if you have them. Use macros and pop menus. Whatever you have. However you farm. Run what you brung. The idea of "equal" here is that we're measuring against a standard yardstick of actual farming, not that there are a bunch of other rules of what is and isn't allowed. Doing all five missions helps make sure we're looking at our sustained ability to earn influence, such as allowing Lore pets to recharge before you can use them again, and making loading up on inspirations between missions likely impractical, but if you think it'll help instead of hurt your time, that's allowed too. I realize some people might actually farm with a second account in tow for whatever reason. I think that's about the only thing you can't do here. And doing all five missions shouldn't be a headache, since it's actual farming, and you're earning actual influence. Anyway, that's the idea.

51 minutes ago, Werner said:

Right, all five missions, including time between missions. Everything allowed, basically, as long as you're solo. You can load up on inspirations. Summon your Lore pets. Do base empowerment buffs. Temporary power boosts from pay to win. Email inspirations to yourself. Incarnate powers if you have them. Use macros and pop menus. Whatever you have. However you farm. Run what you brung. The idea of "equal" here is that we're measuring against a standard yardstick of actual farming, not that there are a bunch of other rules of what is and isn't allowed. Doing all five missions helps make sure we're looking at our sustained ability to earn influence, such as allowing Lore pets to recharge before you can use them again, and making loading up on inspirations between missions likely impractical, but if you think it'll help instead of hurt your time, that's allowed too. I realize some people might actually farm with a second account in tow for whatever reason. I think that's about the only thing you can't do here. And doing all five missions shouldn't be a headache, since it's actual farming, and you're earning actual influence. Anyway, that's the idea.

Alright.. i should be able to do this. Good looking!