New to Homecoming.

tlmills82

I'm new to this shard.  I played COX back in the day and enjoyed it quite a bit.  I've began leveling a spines/fire brute (I know it's cliche) for a character to farm stuff for other toons to use.

My issue is the AE farming isn't great right now as I have no way to get sets and such that I can see.  Am I missing something or is this just use basic enhancements until I can get him higher?

Edit:
I guess what I'm looking for is info on what enhancements to use as I level up.  All the guides I've found only deal with level 50 sets.

Edited by tlmills82

You don't say what level you currently are.

It's all a matter of time.  Play it on double XP (from the p2w vendor near Miss Liberty) and normal rewards, not architect ones. Sell everything you get on the auction house (just type /AH anywhere outside a mission) if it fetches good money, sell at the AE vendor if not. You'll be surprised how fast the levels and inf pile up. Buy IO's once you hit level 22 from the AH and worry about sets later. Maybe join an existing fire farmer doing a top level farm. A lot of people are more than happy for someone to door sit and soak up the XP. The main way to get sets is through the auction house and the prices are a lot less than on live. Purples seem to level out at around 20 million each enhancement, but orange goes for around 1 million to 10 million depending on popularity.

The most popular fire farms are the comicon ones. There are several different maps, my personal favourite is the outdoor map. The mobs stay put and there are a lot of them. Just be prepared for a lot of serious mind numbing tedium. I lose the will to live after a while. I use the fire farm just to get inf to bankroll my other alts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Queen Nefertiti said:

I use the fire farm just to get inf to bankroll my other alts.

This is what I want to do.  I'm only 16 atm but just doing a solo farm atm the moon landing one.  I only get level 1 enhancements from it.  I'm guessing because the mission is set to 1?

Edited by tlmills82

One thing you could do is play the actual leveling content instead of AE farming to level your character up. You'll get considerable merits for doing story arcs (IIRC doing the entire Hollows set of arcs yields like 80+ merits...) which will help you outfit your character with sets at higher levels, and salvage drops and some random recipe drops. You noted that you're trying to make a character to hook other characters up but I honestly have not had to give any of my characters much help from a sugar daddy. It seems everybody gets at least one orange drop or good recipe I can sell to get them all the starter money they need. I have taught my main character the crafting badges to make it more cost effective to outfit everyone with basic IOs.

Speaking of,  IOs at level 25 are roughly equal to SOs but don't expire; set IOs are that potent in terms of total enhancement % a few levels earlier, but the default is level 25 generic IOs. So you'll be able to use them soon. It'll take about 1.8 mil influence to fully outfit your first character with them at level 22, that's assuming you have to buy all the salvage.  

• Thanks 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Don't forget to hit the P2W vendor for 2XP (FYI, the buff is good for 1hr and you can stack up to 8 of them) and the bonus attacks/buffs/movement abilities like Nemesis Staff, Wisps, Ninja Run, etc.

Also, hop down to the Guides section, there are several farming guides, some with tips on builds and some that mention specific AE missions set up for fire farms. Like...

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.