Going forward, can we have more things that mean something?

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Yeah they did.... lol

Did You even see the episode where Barkley was addicted to the holiday.

His whole life was feeling sorry for himself.

There are a lot of parallels of him and you also.

Because You have an extremely distorted view of how the game should work, and it likely transfers to a lack of self worth in your real life.

Thats why no artificial line will ever be good enough for you.

And did you see where he actually made changes and improved upon himself? I enjoy how youb don't know me but assume things about my life.

There are many ingame 'lines' I haven't asked to improve upon.

Also. Its funny they you seem to think goal lines shouldn't ever be moved. Should I assume that's because you don't like to challenge youself in real life? No, because I don't know you.

3 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Um, no. No one should ever be content when things can be made better. That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

You arent talking about making the game better though, you are talking about making it suit your search for self worth when what you seek already exists.

Thats wasted energy with a limited dev team when that time and energy would be better served being directed at things that need fixed or dont already exist.

By your own admission you havent even made an effort to flesh out options that currently exist.

Edited by Infinitum

6 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

And did you see where he actually made changes and improved upon himself? I enjoy how youb don't know me but assume things about my life.

There are many ingame 'lines' I haven't asked to improve upon.

Also. Its funny they you seem to think goal lines shouldn't ever be moved. Should I assume that's because you don't like to challenge youself in real life? No, because I don't know you.

Missing the point again.

5 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Um, no. No one should ever be content when things can be made better. That's the stupidest thing I've read today.

Your definition of better and other people's definition of better do not agree.  If 'them' forcing their idea of better on you is wrong then why is 'you' forcing your idea of better on them right?  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

By your own admission you havent even made an effort to flesh out options that currently exist.

Blatant lie. Stop it.

42 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

One out of three, the others I'm leveling the old fashion way so they aren't quite ready to get it yet, plus one guy isn't into using weapons so I won't unlock it for him. 

4 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

Your definition of better and other people's definition of better do not agree.  If 'them' forcing their idea of better on you is wrong then why is 'you' forcing your idea of better on them right?  

Which is why comprise is essential and why I updated my OP with a comprised approach.

Which apparently now isn't bad because its baring people from content, but because I shouldn't like it an it, and apparently is a manifestation of real life failings? Or something.

Just now, Hero_of_Light said:

Which is why comprise is essential and why I updated my OP with a comprised approach.

Which apparently now isn't bad because its baring people from content, but because I shouldn't like it an it, and apparently is a manifestation of real life failings? Or something.

The game doesnt exist to please you alone.

You act like you are entitled to this because you want it and need it so bad.

Nobody has to compromise any with you because your ideas are trivial and not aimed at improving the overall arc of the game at all except for you alone.

54 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

One out of three, the others I'm leveling the old fashion way so they aren't quite ready to get it yet, plus one guy isn't into using weapons so I won't unlock it for him. 

1. They arent quite ready to get it yet?  What level are they because you can start on the atlas medallion at level 1.

2. Has the one guy that dont use weapons unlocked any of the other accolades?

Quigley down under "I said I didnt have use for them, never said I couldn't"

Just because someone doesn't use a blaster dont mean they can't.

Even Jedi have used blasters when they needed to.

By your own admission you arent utilizong content that exists to do exactly what you are asking for.

That you can start seeking at lvl1.

Edited by Infinitum

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Nobody has to compromise any with you because your ideas are trivial and not aimed at improving the overall arc of the game at all except for you alone.

As you live in your own bubble ingoring others that want it.

Most gamers here don't spend tons of times on fourms, and most people I've spoken to about it in game and on discord like the idea. So even if only %30 of players want something (which is a much lower estimate that my conversations suggest) should they just be ignored because they want something added in the game that doesn't affect you in the slightest?

6 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Ever single suggestion made here is for improving the experience for the individual making the suggestion, without exception. They all come from a selfish place, so you calling out the OP for that is ridiculous. Some people's idea of a better experience is keeping the population large, so they may suggest things that will appeal to the most people. But that is because they want the game to stick around longer so they can keep playing, or they want a large pool of people to play with, etc. The fact that a suggestion may benefit the most amount of people is nothing more than a convenient coincidence. It's nothing more than a means to an end.

So we can please drop the idea that making selfish suggestions is somehow wrong or less than others? Because they are all selfish, and that is ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero_of_Light said:

As you live in your own bubble ingoring others that want it.

Most gamers here don't spend tons of times on fourms, and most people I've spoken to about it in game and on discord like the idea. So even if only %30 of players want something (which is a much lower estimate that my conversations suggest) should they just be ignored because they want something added in the game that doesn't affect you in the slightest?

Prove it.

I dont know of one single person that wants it in game.

I cant prove it at all though.

Ps you already have what you seek.

And im done here.

lol. Go play zelda and pull the master sword out a few times it may make you feel better.

10 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

1. They arent quite ready to get it yet?  What level are they because you can start on the atlas medallion at level 1.

By your own admission you arent utilizong content that exists to do exactly what you are asking for.

(Did you miss the part where he specifically mentioned the crey pistol? Should in have my lvl 15 go and try getting 200 crey protectors? )

(So now you're telling me how to roleplay my characters?)

(Seeking yes, did your miss where I said I was working to lvl them the old fashion way? Did I say i wasn't playing on getting Freedom Phalanx Reserve? Maybe at lvl 18 I should make it a priority just so you know I'm seeking it.)

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Ever single suggestion made here is for improving the experience for the individual making the suggestion, without exception. They all come from a selfish place, so you calling out the OP for that is ridiculous. Some people's idea of a better experience is keeping the population large, so they may suggest things that will appeal to the most people. But that is because they want the game to stick around longer so they can keep playing, or they want a large pool of people to play with, etc. The fact that a suggestion may benefit the most amount of people is nothing more than a convenient coincidence. It's nothing more than a means to an end.

So we can please drop the idea that making selfish suggestions is somehow wrong or less than others? Because they are all selfish, and that is ok.

Its not selfish when what I'm saying is best already exists.

Theres No need to waste time or energy on whats already in game.

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Prove it.

I dont know of one single person that wants it in game.

I cant prove it at all though.

Ps you already have what you seek.

And im done here.

lol. Go play zelda and pull the master sword out a few times it may make you feel better.

So instead of playing a game I love, and wanting more out of it, I should play a different game. Got it.

Just now, Infinitum said:

Sure it is, because it's what you want. If it happens to benefit other people and cause the game to stick around longer, well that benefits you too. So it is selfish. And that's ok, there is nothing wrong with that. Every single person that plays does it for their own benefit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Power sets are already In game, so are story arcs. Should devs never add more?

I'm not one that makes tons of others characters,  should I tell others they shouldn't ask for a new powers sets just because I wont use them and would and rather have something else?

No, that's selfishly shortsighted.

Edited by Hero_of_Light
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MunkiLord said:

Sure it is, because it's what you want. If it happens to benefit other people and cause the game to stick around longer, well that benefits you too. So it is selfish. And that's ok, there is nothing wrong with that. Every single person that plays does it for their own benefit. 

And the best we can do is try and add more to the game that allows everyone to enjoy something out of it, the more the better. 

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

O lee crap.  It's not what I want. Its what is already.

3 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Power sets are already In game, so are story arcs. Should devs never add more?

I'm not one that makes tons of others characters,  should I tell others they shouldn't ask for a new powers sets just because I wont use them would and rather have something else?

No, that's selfishly shortsighted.

They are already doing that.

That's not what you are asking for.

I'm not sure you know what you want at this point.

1 minute ago, Hero_of_Light said:

And the best we can do is try and add more to the game that allows everyone to enjoy something out of it, the more the better. 

Agreed. I'm for appealing to more people because I enjoy the game and I want it to stick around. If I didn't like the game or decided to move on for whatever reason, I wouldn't want it to shut down or fail. But I also wouldn't care enough to pay attention if it happened. Because when I do things like play video games, watch TV, movies, read, etc, I do it because I get something out of it. That's the only reason. What I get out of it may not necessarily be the immediate entertainment of those mediums, it could be something as simple as watching a movie I wouldn't normally simply because that is what my date wanted to do. In that case time with the a particular person is what I get out of it.