Going forward, can we have more things that mean something?

9 minutes ago, Itikar said:

Temp powers are pretty much fair game, and permanent versions of them would be more than welcome. Including cosmetical ones. In some cases there would be balance issues, such as for jet pack powers making fly obsolete, but that can certainly be worked out.

Jet packs are already kind of permanent, they just run off inf. And I don't want to make fly obsolete 😞

Just now, Hero_of_Light said:

Jet packs are already kind of permanent, they just run off inf. And I don't want to make fly obsolete 😞

I don't think fly will be obsolete, I'd still pick up fly and hover for any character who flies on their own power or with a costume piece jetpack/rocket boots. The fly power is enhancable as well, and can get you after burner.

Need to share this awesome idea, now. This for the guy who wants his hats. We impliment faction specific trophy hats, things pulled right off the mob models and plop onto the character. They will be available in the costume creator for free under hats, so anyone who wants to can just wear the hat no hoop jumping required. Those who put in the effort though get a toggle power that grants +5% to hit and defense, and +10% damage and resist versus members of the associated faction for zero endurance. The best part? Code it like that one mission with the freakshow disguise so when the power is active, your character gets the hat on top of their costume as a special fx rather than a costume piece. Having the toggle let's you use the hat with whatever hairstyle you want effectively, even with other hats. It'll clip like mad for most things I imagine, but it'd be unique as he'll without limiting the costume pieces in the creator!

Edited by HelBlaiz
typos

6 minutes ago, HelBlaiz said:

Need to share this awesome idea, now. This for the guy who wants his hats. We impliment faction specific trophy hats, things pulled right off the mob models and plop onto the character. They will be available in the costume creator for free under hats, so anyone who wants to can just wear the hat no hoop jumping required. Those who put in the effort though get a toggle power that grants +5% to hit and defense, and +10% damage and resist versus members of the associated faction for zero endurance. The best part? Code it like that one mission with the freakshow disguise so when the power is active, your character gets the hat on top of their costume as a special fx rather than a costume piece. Having the toggle let's you use the hat with whatever hairstyle you want effectively, even with other hats. It'll clip like mad for most things I imagine, but it'd be unique as he'll without limiting the costume pieces in the creator!

Good idea! Hat guy gets hats, sword guy gets swords, and everyone still gets there costumes!

Just got to make sure it's not such a big stat difference so that people feel they are forced to get it.

Edited by Hero_of_Light

They're faction specific so the bonus is hyper specific but significant enough to be a nice thing to have. Having already fought 100 Malta gunslingers to get the Malta Stetson trophy hat toggle should come with a significant edge against Malta. You've done this enough, it's noticeably easier.

10 hours ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Maybe it's just that I'm running out of things to on my main and costume pieces aren't there as an option I used to have. I didn't really focus on it as much when i had IOs to get.

I slept horribly, so maybe I'm just tired, but maybe I just want something to strive for and the current options don't seem as cool as Vanguard Prime.

I'll give titles and temp powers a shot and see how it goes

Hey! What about pemanate versions of temp powers being an unlockable? Like, you can buy temp versions of a vanguard jet pack, or finish the story arc and get a permanent one?

It's like a functional costume peice. The costume peice is already free, you can get a temp version from p2w vendor as many times as you want, or strive for the permanent version?

We actually already have those more or less, they are called day job accolade powers and I myself have suggested on this forum taht once unlocked we also get the option to charge them up via inf at P2W to add additional needed inf sinks to the game to help keep things sane in the economy.

So I myself see nothing wrong with this suggestion. We could even then add tier badges for factions that could come with modest boosts, like for each tier of the badge the jetpack for example could get a upgrade to its base speed so eventually with effort it could be as fast as a slotted fly, and maybe the final tier could unlock a burst of speed temp power on top of it( that would only work with the jetpack power it was associated with) so that it could compete with things like the hover board to some extent.

Id frankly love a perm version of the croatoa arc temp powers that could be upgraded and even altered cosmetically. Or a wedding ring that could be recharged by logging out in a magical area like a day job rather then have to rerun the arc endlessly for the echo version. Some might call this power creep but Id just say its a logical thing to be able to gain these tools and add them to our characters for good.

Now for such things what would be enough of a grind though, just running the arcs once seems obviously too easy, perhaps kill badges associated with enemy factions connected with the contact that gives the arc? I know kill badges are not fun to earn for a lot of players but its really one of the few ways we can judge long term character commitment to making war on specific factions.

9 hours ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Good idea! Hat guy gets hats, sword guy gets swords, and everyone still gets there costumes!

Just got to make sure it's not such a big stat difference so that people feel they are forced to get it.

what about instead of combat buffs, it simply works as a form of disguise? a stealth power specific to a  faction seems very mild and un game breaking, but would be logical that a faction costume might make mobs at first glance think hm are they one of ours? maybe it could when discovered act instead as a taunt effect thus making it useful both as  away to avoid trouble then for those who choose to keep it on once a fight begins it helps keep their anger directed at the guy who clearly has been killing their buds.

3 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

We actually already have those more or less, they are called day job accolade powers and I myself have suggested on this forum taht once unlocked we also get the option to charge them up via inf at P2W to add additional needed inf sinks to the game to help keep things sane in the economy.

So I myself see nothing wrong with this suggestion. We could even then add tier badges for factions that could come with modest boosts, like for each tier of the badge the jetpack for example could get a upgrade to its base speed so eventually with effort it could be as fast as a slotted fly, and maybe the final tier could unlock a burst of speed temp power on top of it( that would only work with the jetpack power it was associated with) so that it could compete with things like the hover board to some extent.

Id frankly love a perm version of the croatoa arc temp powers that could be upgraded and even altered cosmetically. Or a wedding ring that could be recharged by logging out in a magical area like a day job rather then have to rerun the arc endlessly for the echo version. Some might call this power creep but Id just say its a logical thing to be able to gain these tools and add them to our characters for good.

Now for such things what would be enough of a grind though, just running the arcs once seems obviously too easy, perhaps kill badges associated with enemy factions connected with the contact that gives the arc? I know kill badges are not fun to earn for a lot of players but its really one of the few ways we can judge long term character commitment to making war on specific factions.

I understand that completely 

3 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

what about instead of combat buffs, it simply works as a form of disguise? a stealth power specific to a  faction seems very mild and un game breaking, but would be logical that a faction costume might make mobs at first glance think hm are they one of ours? maybe it could when discovered act instead as a taunt effect thus making it useful both as  away to avoid trouble then for those who choose to keep it on once a fight begins it helps keep their anger directed at the guy who clearly has been killing their buds.

Some could be, variety is the key though imho.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, Hero_of_Light said:

I feel like theres a push towards not earning things. There's no costumes to earn, no prestige powers to earn, no archetypes to earn... thankfully accolades aren't autounlocked for everyone on character creation with instant 50s everywhere.

I'm not saying remove anything that's already done, but as examples: seeing Nemises staffs used to mean something, seeing brutes on hero side or defenders on villain side used to mean something, seeing vanguard armor used to mean something. Heck, seeing capes kind of ment something lol

Not everything needs to be behind a 'grind wall' as some might say,  but If everything is free or easy, then nothing is special.

Going forward, could some of the new stuff be unlocked only after proving your loyalty to a faction, or if you've got this particular badge, or have at least one 50 on your account, or finished a certain story arc, ect?

Tldr- 

If theres a rikti soldier costume peice for free, that's cool and people can have that.

But If I want some costume peices that allow me to look a rikti commander, but require that I finish an undercover rikti story arc to unlock ,I should be able to have that too!

It's perfectly in reach for almost every player in the game and people telling me im wrong to want that as an option to enjoy are cruel and short sighted bullies.

You know, I've been thinking about this since my return last summer...I tend to agree. However, I think this mass unlock is justifiable. Many of the players have gone through so much of this grind during Live and it might be a turn off to go through the less appealing parts. 

What I'm hoping is that this game is legitimately acquired and the new Devs add content that has us doing a new 'grind (s)'. I really hope the new Dev team has really put together a CoH2, so to speak. What do I mean by that? New main cast of characters, stories, factions, arcs, TFs/Sfs etc. Leave most of the past content right there and focus on the new which includes grinding for new 'stuff'.

Also, it'd be nice to get an update from the Devs on what is happening with this game. At the very least, are we safe from shut down? How're the IP acquisition talks going? :) 

If it's about costume pieces and powers? no...NO....PLEASE NO!

I don't want to have to play till a certain level to be able to actually "make" my character's concept.

If I want to be defected Circle of Thorns, I want to be that at level 1, not play the character in a sort Limbo till i can earn the costume pieces. 

Same goes with aura's and capes.  The way they were implemenmted at live with a direct result of them being late in the game, and the devs trying to leverage them for content.

But if I have a character that had a nuclear accident and she glows and shoots radiation, i shouldn't have to wait till level 30 till I can actually complete her concept.

Earning costume pieces is bad, since it disables a lot of concepts at level 1.

If you want to earn someting, why not trophies to put in your base? Kinda like batman had........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewvm said:

If it's about costume pieces and powers? no...NO....PLEASE NO!

I don't want to have to play till a certain level to be able to actually "make" my character's concept.

If I want to be defected Circle of Thorns, I want to be that at level 1, not play the character in a sort Limbo till i can earn the costume pieces. 

Same goes with aura's and capes.  The way they were implemenmted at live with a direct result of them being late in the game, and the devs trying to leverage them for content.

But if I have a character that had a nuclear accident and she glows and shoots radiation, i shouldn't have to wait till level 30 till I can actually complete her concept.

Earning costume pieces is bad, since it disables a lot of concepts at level 1.

If you want to earn someting, why not trophies to put in your base? Kinda like batman had........

I would totally approve of base trophies. Right now bases are free, so everyone pretty much either makes their very own or doesn't care enough. I would be tickled to be able to put Lord Recluse's helmet from the 4th patron arc, for instance, as a display trophy. Kinda like a prize in a glass case.

Everlasting, even though I do not RP, as:

Doctor Hadius, Crab Spider (Main) ~ Aeronwen, Rad/Super Strength/Mu Tanker ~ Mortality Black, Time/Dual Pistols/Soul Defender ~ Vextravaganza, Illusion/Dark/Psi Controller ~ Baneframe, Robots/Time/Mace Mastermind ~ Zippy-Zap, Electric Armor/Dark Melee/Soul Tanker ~ Laser Lily, Beam Rifle/Energy Aura/Leviathan Sentinel ~ Nezumiko, Savage Melee/Bio Armor/Mu Stalker

First, let me say that I haven't read the entire thread. I've only read the OP so, if these ideas have already been put forth, bravo to the poster(s) who offered them.

There is NO reason to keep any costume parts behind a grind target, or have them used as the "prize" for any given accomplishment. That's what badges are for.
If I have a level 50 toon on one server, and want to enter a costume contest on another server, I want the option of making a new character with the same, or similar name, rather than having to transfer the level 50 character to the contest server and lose whatever is in vault storage, SG membership, and server contact list  to show off or for a chance at winning some prize at the whim of another player or players, or staff member(s), for that matter. I don't want costume options for the newly made copy to be level/accomplishment locked because I didn't play on that particular server. The only way that a costume contest can be considered even remotely fair is if all contestants have access to the same materials to construct their  costumes with.
Again, if you feel the need to show off accomplishments to be able to enjoy the game, which is all very well and good for YOU, do whatever is required in order to win the badge. Don't try to restrict the enjoyment of others who have every right to play the game the way they want to for their entertainment.

For those late to the thread.

Not that what i think affects the game but:

I've agreed on having all costumes peices unlocked for everyone it doesn't change my personal view point.

I personally look forward to earning new things so I can then make something,  Instantly getting costumes I want is boring to me, but I understand not everyone is like that. Insight: I play dark souls as a deprived, but cant expect everyone else to.

So, I'll comprising and take everyone into consideration as best I can :

A new story arc is released about an ancient sword that is sought after by CoT, along with the sword  as a costume, and  both a temporary power and a permanent power version of that same sword where, when used, you character pulls it out of a dimensional portal, holds it in the air, and lightning strikes in a aoe around you.

1- The costume is free for everyone 

2- The temp version is for sale at the p2w vendor like many other temp powers but its ( just a random number, don't freak out) only good for 10 uses.

3- The permanent version is award to those that complete the story arc.

This way (1) costumers aren't stifled, (2) people cant claim I'm wanting to set a new precedent on Homecoming by having new powers locked or something of that nature, and (3) those of us who want to work for it can get the same thing as everyone else at the p2w vendor, except since we put in some extra work, we don't need to refill its power at the p2w vendor.

I'll make this an update on my first post.

9 hours ago, Rigged said:

I would totally approve of base trophies. Right now bases are free, so everyone pretty much either makes their very own or doesn't care enough. I would be tickled to be able to put Lord Recluse's helmet from the 4th patron arc, for instance, as a display trophy. Kinda like a prize in a glass case.

I would like those too! My idea wasn't as fancy, but imagine if they let you have a 3D representation of the badges acquired that you could put in your base! But then the following occured to me-

If you only get them when something is acomplished,  as trophies (badges) are typically gained, is that now limiting those that want to build what ever base they want without accomplishing that task?

If they're free for everyone then those people will be happy, but then they cant be considered trophies and would badges then have to be auto unlocked for everyone, and that would piss off all the badge hunters.

So unfortunately, the best things is to not allow badge hunters to have a way to display badges or trophies in thier base from the arguments I've seen here.

Edited by Hero_of_Light

2 hours ago, Captain Valiant said:

Don't try to restrict the enjoyment of others who have every right to play the game the way they want to for their entertainment.

Theres limits in game right now,  and many enjoy the existing limits. Some people would enjoy limits in other areas of the game too, but are being restricted but not having said limits allowed. What about thier 'rights'? (hint, none of us have a right to enjoy the game how we want, if so hackers couldn't be banned from games)

It's very confusing, but just like when people argue that not having the option of easy difficulty in games limits people from enjoying it, but then other people believe that adding in a easy difficulty would limit others from enjoying that very same game.

Sometimes lines have to be drawn, and not everyone will like it, but you cant expect the otherside to not still ask about it or offer compromises.

Edited by Hero_of_Light

2 hours ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Theres limits in game right now,  and many enjoy the existing limits. Some people would enjoy limits in other areas of the game too, but are being restricted but not having said limits allowed. What about thier 'rights'? (hint, none of us have a right to enjoy the game how we want, if so hackers couldn't be banned from games)

It's very confusing, but just like when people argue that not having the option of easy difficulty in games limits people from enjoying it, but then other people believe that adding in a easy difficulty would limit others from enjoying that very same game.

Sometimes lines have to be drawn, and not everyone will like it, but you cant expect the otherside to not still ask about it or offer compromises.

You want a trophy? A souvenir?  Take a screenshot of something awesome you accomplished and cherish it because this game disappeared on us once it could do it again. That will last a lot longer.

I'm with the crowd that wants it all now with little or no challenge so we can time travel back and relive our days of greatness in the past once again.

Frankly I don't care if you and others want a "look at me" trophy.

Again the point you are missing is no lines need to be drawn because the validation you seek will not be found in others looking at pixles on an imaginary avatar on a screen.  But within yourself.  If you can't be satisfied with that then nothing will ever make you happy because you will only keep requesting the line be moved.

You want limits self impose them like others suggested.  That's why master of "x" task Force badges exist but aren't required.  Anyone can play the game any way they want right now.  You are seeking to remove versatility and design flare.  Nobody I know wants that because we have already done that years ago.

I'm 40 now 2 kids full time job.  I dont have time to grind any more than I already do.

You want a grind - make your own grind I promise you the game will let you, but nobody will care ultimately but you and thats all that should matter.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/3/2019 at 1:26 AM, Hero_of_Light said:

If you've watched star trek, you'll know that money and physical things, for the most part, become so easy to obtain that instead of those things having a ton of value, how good at something some is, and the reputation they build has much more value.

Would you find it acceptable if someone who doesn't as good of a reputation as someone else to wallow if self doubt and misery, or expect them to go build that reputation if they wished they had it that bad?

I do watch Star Trek and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in your second paragraph here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Infinitum said:

You want a trophy? A souvenir?  Take a screenshot of something awesome you accomplished and cherish it because this game disappeared on us once it could do it again. That will last a lot longer.

I'm with the crowd that wants it all now with little or no challenge so we can time travel back and relive our days of greatness in the past once again.

Why do people go to a 'Look at me I'm better' mentality?

I'm not going to explain why in want them all over again, you can check a past post, but that's a very negative stance to pin on someone you don't know. 

Also, playing with a 'Here today, gone tomorrow.' Outlook is extremely negative too. Do you have no hope?

If you're that worried about the game going away,  then you definitely shouldn't want a have it all with little or no challenge because that will kill this faster and more permanently than any Ncsoft lawyer.

5 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

I do watch Star Trek and I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about in your second paragraph here. 

Then you didn't pay attention at all to how the human society worked.

People strived to gain reputation,  not physical things.  So I tried reputation to the haves not being sad because of what someone else had arguments that was made to show why it was a bad one. 

Edited by Hero_of_Light

6 hours ago, Infinitum said:

But within yourself.  If you can't be satisfied with that then nothing will ever make you happy because you will only keep requesting the line be moved.

I don't know, I was mostly satisfied with CoH costumes unlocks; to far on the 'takes forever' side, but it was sweet when I finally got the reward.

Although I bought the wrong vanguard katana the first time and they didn't offer refunds hahaha.

Ended up making a costume just for that katana so it wouldn't be wasted lol

1 hour ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Why do people go to a 'Look at me I'm better' mentality?

I'm not going to explain why in want them all over again, you can check a past post, but that's a very negative stance to pin on someone you don't know. 

Also, playing with a 'Here today, gone tomorrow.' Outlook is extremely negative too. Do you have no hope?

If you're that worried about the game going away,  then you definitely shouldn't want a have it all with little or no challenge because that will kill this faster and more permanently than any Ncsoft lawyer.

I'm just saying take it for what it is, live in the moment and enjoy yourself without worrying about not being able to unlock your vazhilok beer bong hat.

Try to stop missing the point, this is not nor will ever be anything like a console game.