Going forward, can we have more things that mean something?

11 hours ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Then you didn't pay attention at all to how the human society worked.

People strived to gain reputation,  not physical things.  So I tried reputation to the haves not being sad because of what someone else had arguments that was made to show why it was a bad one. 

Well no, that isn't what humanity did in Star Trek.  Once hunger, war, poverty etc. were eradicated, the driving factor became learning, bettering themselves and exploration, thereby contributing to humanity as a whole and making it better.  The pursuit of personal reputation had little to nothing to do with it. 

As to the topic at hand, the beauty of everyone getting access to everything means no one is a "have not".   Everyone is a "has".

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

As to the topic at hand, the beauty of everyone getting access to everything means no one is a "have not".   Everyone is a "has".

This sums it up nicely.

I want everyone to have everything, and could care less about how others view me in game by what I have or what I can do.  I try to be there for everyone, friends and strangers alike - I love to help anyone acheive goals or help through a problem.  Its all around in game.  Thats where its at.

I care about the fellowship with my friends and all the trouble we get into every day in game.

Every day is a unique adventure that you cant quantify by things you can obtain but memories of the event.

Its like people that take so many pictures they dont experience the actual event.

10 hours ago, Infinitum said:

I'm just saying take it for what it is, live in the moment and enjoy yourself without worrying about not being able to unlock your vazhilok beer bong hat.

Try to stop missing the point, this is not nor will ever be anything like a console game.

I wonder,  did you read my post where I had a new idea, or my updated main post?

You might like it since I did my best to make everyone happy

10 hours ago, Infinitum said:

I'm just saying take it for what it is, live in the moment and enjoy yourself without worrying about not being able to unlock your vazhilok beer bong hat.

Try to stop missing the point, this is not nor will ever be anything like a console game.

I wonder,  did you read my post where I had a new idea, or my updated main post?

You might like it since I did my best to make everyone happy

56 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Well no, that isn't what humanity did in Star Trek.  Once hunger, war, poverty etc. were eradicated, the driving factor became learning, bettering themselves and exploration, thereby contributing to humanity as a whole and making it better.  The pursuit of personal reputation had little to nothing to do with it. 

A has with no work involved, In star trek, those that had built a reputation and knowledge had something those that didn't, didn't have.  Some people want to be productive. 

Did you read my updated OP, or the new Idea i had? It should make everyone happy, weither want to work for something or not. 

17 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

I want everyone to have everything, and could care less about how others view me in game by what I have or what I can do.  I try to be there for everyone, friends and strangers alike - I love to help anyone acheive goals or help through a problem.  Its all around in game.  Thats where its at.

No one can have everything.  Case and point, people wanting some limits and others wanting none. Right now most things on game have a limit people enjoy, except costumes.

I know there's even people trying to get rid of leveling limits,  which would kill this project faster than the have cake server is losing its player base. 

And that's why im here.  Most players don't use the fourms and many I talk to at least want the current limits to stay,  if not a little more.

2 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

A has with no work involved, In star trek, those that had built a reputation and knowledge had something those that didn't, didn't have.  Some people want to be productive. 

Did you read my updated OP, or the new Idea i had? It should make everyone happy, weither want to work for something or not. 

This isn't star trek, and we aren't a bunch of noobs here.  I would wager majority of homecoming are Live veterans that just are happy the game is back with no barriers.

Being productive is showing up, and teaming, and being awesome to and for each other.

Yeah I read your revised OP and I still don't like it.  I don't think it's a horrible idea honestly, but it has no place IMO.

I am more bothered by your repeated ignorance of why nobody wants what you are desiring, and how you are acting like we are the ones with the problem.

We aren't the ones that's fixated on obtaining the illusions of what you seek.

It's a complete waste of time, and doesn't add anything substantial to the game.

At the end of the day people don't care about that.  They care about getting the Master of X Badges, and completing this TF on +4/8 solo, new content, doing it all with our friends.

• Like 1

Weird that you say that,  because I want something just a little closer to the real CoH, and not just a way to look back on the real coh

This is now the real COH for everyone involved.

You can't seem to grasp that.

Whether it's fleeting or permanent, doesn't matter, this is our reality and it's a good one.

You have a flawed homecoming world view if it's not good enough for you.

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

This isn't star trek, and we aren't a bunch of noobs here.  I would wager majority of homecoming are Live veterans that just are happy the game is back with no barriers.

Being productive is showing up, and teaming, and being awesome to and for each other.

Yeah I read your revised OP and I still don't like it.  I don't think it's a horrible idea honestly, but it has no place IMO.

I am more bothered by your repeated ignorance of why nobody wants what you are desiring, and how you are acting like we are the ones with the problem.

We aren't the ones that's fixated on obtaining the illusions of what you seek.

It's a complete waste of time, and doesn't add anything substantial to the game.

At the end of the day people don't care about that.  They care about getting the Master of X Badges, and completing this TF on +4/8 solo, new content, doing it all with our friends.

And I don't know why you keep ignoring those that want what I'm suggesting while saying no one wants it. They don't think its a waste,  and when when an idea that would keep them happy and not limit you comes up, you still shoot it doesn because its not what you want.

You claim to be for everyone, but it doesn't seem that way. Im at least trying to find ways to make everyone happy.

I'm sure you'd appreciate me asking for limits to be lessened if they were exactly like live,  which I would do.

7 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

No one can have everything.  Case and point, people wanting some limits and others wanting none. Right now most things on game have a limit people enjoy, except costumes.

I know there's even people trying to get rid of leveling limits,  which would kill this project faster than the have cake server is losing its player base. 

And that's why im here.  Most players don't use the fourms and many I talk to at least want the current limits to stay,  if not a little more.

The way the game is set up now yes you can, the limits were always artificial.

Homecoming just removed them.  So people could appreciate the actual meat of the game which isn't seeking to unlock costumes.  Is beating the bad guys.

You are seeking status symbols that don't matter or even exist in the grand scheme of the game.

You can self impose any limit on anything in this game.

You want more difficulty go to +4

Still not enough, do it with SOs

You want to unlock capes, run a story arc in pro on +4 get a badge then claim victory.

The game is based on the land of make believe anyway.  If your imagination is limited that's your issue.  Not ours.

4 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

This is now the real COH for everyone involved.

You can't seem to grasp that.

Whether it's fleeting or permanent, doesn't matter, this is our reality and it's a good one.

You have a flawed homecoming world view if it's not good enough for you.

So you'd rather have nothing change, no new content? I want it to be something greater everyone loves,  not stagnate.

Just now, Infinitum said:

The way the game is set up now yes you can, the limits were always artificial.

Homecoming just removed them.  So people could appreciate the actual meat of the game which isn't seeking to unlock costumes.  Is beating the bad guys.

You are seeking status symbols that don't matter or even exist in the grand scheme of the game.

You can self impose any limit on anything in this game.

You want more difficulty go to +4

Still not enough, do it with SOs

You want to unlock capes, run a story arc in pro on +4 get a badge then claim victory.

The game is based on the land of make believe anyway.  If your imagination is limited that's your issue.  Not ours.

Funny how half of those are limits in game, not made up ones. And no I'm not seeking status symbols. How is a costume peice a status symbol even when I've previously said I'd be okay even if no one saw it.

Just now, Hero_of_Light said:

And I don't know why you keep ignoring those that want what I'm suggesting while saying no one wants it. They don't think its a waste,  and when when an idea that would keep them happy and not limit you comes up, you still shoot it doesn because its not what you want.

You claim to be for everyone, but it doesn't seem that way. Im at least trying to find ways to make everyone happy.

I'm sure you'd appreciate me asking for limits to be lessened if they were exactly like live,  which I would do.

I'm not ignoring them or you, I just don't care what you or they think honestly because I like everything being open.

And I'm giving you tons of reasons why...

1 it's unhealthy

2 its fleeting

3 its a waste of time and energy

4 ways to achieve what you want without dicking around with everyone else's preference.

And You continue whining about not being able to unlock pixels or powers that shouldn't be locked in the first place at this stage in the games development.

Thats My opinion and I know from reading this thread there are a lot of others that share that stance.

Funny how half of those are limits in game, not made up ones. And no I'm not seeking status symbols. How is a costume peice a status symbol even when I've previously said I'd be okay even if no one saw it.

If you can gain something others have by doing x task. If it doesn't mean anything to you, why lock it behind x anyway?

The alternative is it is a status symbol for you.

So you'd rather have nothing change, no new content? I want it to be something greater everyone loves,  not stagnate.

No you want it to be your solitary vision of what you think COH should be.

Don't put words in my mouth new content would be great but it should be available to everyone without tedious grinding to get it like you are suggesting.

And not locking costume parts behind tasks.

Edited by Infinitum

8 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

An unlockable "costume piece" that nobody sees is a badge.  You still haven't given a valid reason why the badges we already have are not sufficient.  

You're not (and haven't been) making any sense for 15 pages now.  

Edited by Omega-202
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

No you want it to be your solitary vision of what you think COH should be.

Don't put words in my mouth new content would be great but it should be available to everyone without tedious grinding to get it like you are suggesting.

And not locking costume parts behind tasks.

As I said,  which you claim to have read, I'm not fighting for that now. I don't want to argue with you.

Accept that others might not like the status quo and have ther right to ask for something they veiw as better. I'm sure you're used to being on the other end of this stick so why can't you at least see where were coming from?

It's like how in SWToR when I asked that the placeable base stuff like chairs be useable for rpers and the other fourm people basically said 

1 it's unhealthy

2 its fleeting

4 ways to achieve what you want without dicking around with everyone else's preference.

10 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

An unlockable "costume piece" that nobody sees is a badge.  You still haven't given a valid reason why the badges we already have are not sufficient.  

You're not (and haven't been) making any sense for 15 pages now.  

Im guessing you didn't read the update either and just want to argue like the other guy? No more.  Read the update and we can talk about that; you're fighting to keep all costumes free when I've already given that to you

Edited by Hero_of_Light

5 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Im guessing you didn't read the update either and just want to argue like the other guy? No more.  Read the update and we can talk about that,  you're fighting to keep all costumes free when Ive already given that to you

No I read it, you're just not making any sense.  At this point with all of the pie in the sky "earnable temp powers" etc., you sound like you're writing some fan-fic version of what you want this game to be.  None of these things are going to be implemented.  

• Thanks 1

As I said,  which you claim to have read, I'm not fighting for that now. I don't want to argue with you.

Accept that others might not like the status quo and have ther right to ask for something they veiw as better. I'm sure you're used to being on the other end of this stick so why can't you at least see where were coming from?

It's like how in SWToR when I asked that the placeable base stuff like chairs be useable for rpers and the other fourm people basically said 

1 it's unhealthy

2 its fleeting

4 ways to achieve what you want without dicking around with everyone else's preference.

Thats all I can say.download.png.e59dcdae61039ed52584fa417f4cf0af.png

2 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

No I read it, you're just not making any sense.  At this point with all of the pie in the sky "earnable temp powers" etc., you sound like you're writing some fan-fic version of what you want this game to be.  None of these things are going to be implemented.  

waste of time and energy.

Edited by Infinitum

8 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Then why is there a developer corner for future development? Am I wrong to ask for something I and others want? Even when it takes nothing away from you?

Its pointless to talk to you about this when your whole take on it is that I shouldn't even try because in your mind no one wants it,  even when others do.

Edited by Hero_of_Light