Going forward, can we have more things that mean something?

12 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Then why is there a developer corner for future development? Am I wrong to ask for something I and others want? Even when it takes nothing away from you?

Its pointless to talk to you about this when your whole take on it is that I shouldn't even try because in your mind no one wants it,  even when others do.

No again, missing the point.

You... Already... Have... What... You.... Seek.

Anything else is stuff we dont need to waste energy on when they could be developing other more relevant cool stuff for us.

16 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Then why is there a developer corner for future development? Am I wrong to ask for something I and others want? Even when it takes nothing away from you?

Its pointless to talk to you about this when your whole take on it is that I shouldn't even try because in your mind no one wants it,  even when others do.

You already have it.

Its just not your distorted vision of what you think it should be.

Edited by Infinitum

1 hour ago, Hero_of_Light said:

A has with no work involved, In star trek, those that had built a reputation and knowledge had something those that didn't, didn't have.  Some people want to be productive. 

Not looking to derail the thread, but this isn't correct.  Not everyone aspired to be the Captain of a starship or Admiral on Star Trek.  Some people were perfectly happy being bartenders, chefs, farmers, research scientists etc.  Not everyone wanted the big chair and were content doing what they were doing because it was their passion in life.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

You already have it.

Its just not your distorted vision of what you think it should be.

So you wouldnt want new temp powers added that sync with new story arcs that also get you a new free costume peice?

Edited by Hero_of_Light

Just now, ShardWarrior said:

Not looking to derail the thread, but this isn't correct.  Not everyone aspired to be the Captain of a starship or Admiral on Star Trek.  Some people were perfectly happy being bartenders, chefs, farmers, research scientists etc.  Not everyone wanted the big chair and were content doing what they were doing because it was their passion in life.

But they weren't wanting to sit around doing nothing,  or expecting others to not be an admiral because they personally thought it was a waste of time

6 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

So you wouldnt want new temp powers added that sync with new story arcs that also get you a new free costume peice?

Eye of the magus

Crey cryo pistol

Wedding band

Gaeas of the kind ones.

There are more also.

Locked behind accolade badges.

What you seek is already here.

7 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

But they weren't wanting to sit around doing nothing,  or expecting others to not be an admiral because they personally thought it was a waste of time

Thats completely out of touch and irrelavant to the point you originally tried to make..

Edited by Infinitum

1 minute ago, Hero_of_Light said:

One out of three, the others I'm leveling the old fashion way so they aren't quite ready to get it yet, plus one guy isn't into using weapons so I won't unlock it for him. 

So there's a ton of unlockable content that you haven't gotten to and yet it would be a good idea for the volunteer development team to dedicate their time to making content that only a fraction of people would utilize?  You yourself have not availed yourself to whats already there, so why make more content nobody is going to see?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Eye of the magus

Crey cryo pistol

Wedding band

Gaeas of the kind ones.

There are more also.

Locked behind accolade badges.

What you seek is already here.

So they shouldn't add more, easier to get ones that act more like the nades from the p2w vendor?

You wouldn't want a free costume peice for ther crey pistols or the eye if magus?

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

So there's a ton of unlockable content that you haven't gotten to and yet it would be a good idea for the volunteer development team to dedicate their time to making content that only a fraction of people would utilize?  You yourself have not availed yourself to whats already there, so why make more content nobody is going to see?

So you're saying they shouldn't add more because I don't have it all?

I also don't have a level 50 of every archtype and power set combo. I also haven't finished every mission or story arc. By your logic, why add new content at all?

2 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

So they shouldn't add more, easier to get ones that act more like the nades from the p2w vendor?

You wouldn't want a free costume peice for ther crey pistols or the eye if magus?

I want the limited development time and resources to be spent on real content, not shiny baubles.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Thats completely out of touch and irrelavant to the point you originally tried to make..

No it's not, but if you choose not to see it I'll explain it.

If a person in star trek sat around wanting to do nothing, but then got upset at the person that got to command a ship when they didn't,  would it be right for that person to feel sorry for themselves because the captain has something they dont?

If a person in star trek sat around wanting to do nothing, but then got upset at the person that got to command a ship when they didn't,  would it be right for that person to feel sorry for themselves because the captain has something they dont?

The person that sat around wanting to do nothing was Tom Paris and Reginald Barkley.

They had the same unlocked ability to be anything though and later did.

You choose your own path.

What you seek already exists.

4 minutes ago, Hero_of_Light said:

Where did you lose sight of the fact that this is a game, and not real life? 

You want to feel accomplished?  Go get a promotion at work, go get a degree, go volunteer, go beat your max at the gym.  

Your comparison for "working hard leads to accomplishments" falls apart immediately when any rational person takes a look at it and sees that you're applying it to a game.  

Edited by Omega-202
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

The person that sat around wanting to do nothing was Tom Paris and Reginald Barkley.

They had the same unlocked ability to be anything though and later did.

You choose your own path.

What you seek already exists.

But they didn't sit around feeling sorry for themselves demanding to have it given to them. They worked for it, even if for Tom it started off as falling into his lap as a get out of jail card.

3 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Where did you lose sight of the fact that this is a game, and not real life? 

You want to feel accomplished?  Go get a promotion at work, go get a degree, go volunteer, go beat your max at the gym.  

Your comparison for "working hard leads to accomplishments" falls apart immediately when any rational person takes a look at it.  

So i shouldn't want to get a sense of acomplishment out of a hobby I enjoy? 

I should go tell the devs of dark souls that they have the wrong idea and it'll never work, oh wait. 

And no dont twist things I don't want CoH to be dark souls. Just pointing out that saying just because its only a video game doesn't mean you shouldn't want to feel a acomplished. 

Now I'm sure you'll repeat that I can feel acomplished if i just make up my own goals, them Ill say that sometimes people don't want to make up thier own goals, then you'll say theres plenty of goals in game already do why add more, then I'll say that just because not everyone has done everything doesn't mean more shouldn't be worked on, and it'll continue until you repeat again.

I get it, you have nothing to add to the conversation or my idea to make it more enjoyable and instead just dont like the idea because it's not what you and your friends want.

Edited by Hero_of_Light

But they didn't sit around feeling sorry for themselves demanding to have it given to them. They worked for it, even if for Tom it started off as falling into his lap as a get out of jail card.

Yeah they did.... lol

Did You even see the episode where Barkley was addicted to the holiday.

His whole life was feeling sorry for himself.

There are a lot of parallels of him and you also.

Because You have an extremely distorted view of how the game should work, and it likely transfers to a lack of self worth in your real life.

Thats why no artificial line will ever be good enough for you.