Dark/TA How to light Oil Slick?

Tacheyon

Thinking of trying something different and thought up a concept for a Dark/TA villian.  But I am trying to find a good way to light Oil Slick (when I get there).  I am thinking of using Enflame from Sorcery and light up my final pet.  Since that does fire damage it should work.  Without going into the Epic Power Pool Fire, is there any other way to Light My Fire? 

You could claim Taser Dart prestige power and use it until you get your incarnates. Then pick either fire or electric judgement and you're good.

I'm just not sure if TD has decent enough accuracy - but it's worth testing as it doesn't take any power slots.

• Like 1

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

On my old Grav / TA on live I used Taser Dart. Short range was the only drawback, but it has that cool "flicking a lit match at the enemy for a vast conflagration" feel you see in movies.  Or Magic Origin if that suits better. 

Enflame would work but I was thinking it would be "wasted" as the target would die so you'd miss out on the additional spawns it does (5 of them I believe). Arcane Bolt would work too I think.

Epic wise Fire, as you said, Primal, Mu and Mace would all work too. And the Nemesis staff of course. 

Edited by Carnifax

You have Acid Arrow, stick the Positron's Blast +Dam Proc into the power; if you have at least 70% global recharge you wont need to put any recharge enhancement into it, and that proc will pretty much trigger every single time you drop it over the Oil Slick, which ignites it (Energy Damage). I can't really say I can recall an event ony my TA/A Defender that the Oil didn't ignite after dropping Acid afterwards. A backup, of course, doesn't hurt, so see if there's other places in your build you can drop either an Energy proc, or something that does Energy damage (doesn't have to be Fire, can be either).

• Like 1

Along with Taser Dart, I believe Apprentice Charm also works. If memory serves me correctly, energy damage is all you need so Arcane Bolt from Sorcery should suffice - just pop on the test server and try it out! 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Does Oil Slick still have the same "refuse to light at certain places on some map" issue. I remember the old devs saying it was a sync issue of some sort but I know, for example on the west side of the ruined city map (the one with the psychic clockwork) it just refused to light.