Instant Teleport (pipedream request / Incarnate Travel?)

So, my main Hero has always been a Teleporter, right from even before City of Heroes, when I brought the avatar in to this game.
And recently, I've been thinking . . . if there is any way, even if it has to be an Incarnate-level Travel Power, it would be absolutely awesome to have a Teleport Power which is completely Instant.   Both Cast and animation time, rather than the 2 second activation time and 1.17 second delay.

But, yeah, I know this isn't really likely.  Just expressing a flight of fancy . . . a hope . . . a dream . . . *melodramatically emotes a longing stare at nothing in particular, accentuated with a gesticulated hand pose*

. . . but, yeah, in typing this up, I realize . . . if we're short on ideas for the Incarnate System, some Incarnate-level Travels would be awesome, no?  

A Super Speed so fast that coming in to contact with an enemy throws them against the nearest wall at high velocity.

A Fly so powerful that it blows enemies on to their butts as you zoom past them.
A Super Leap which doesn't feel like you're just weirdly under the effects of moon gravity, and instead you actually move with some /OOMPH/.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

So, my main Hero has always been a Teleporter, right from even before City of Heroes, when I brought the avatar in to this game.
And recently, I've been thinking . . . if there is any way, even if it has to be an Incarnate-level Travel Power, it would be absolutely awesome to have a Teleport Power which is completely Instant.   Both Cast and animation time, rather than the 2 second activation time and 1.17 second delay.

But, yeah, I know this isn't really likely.  Just expressing a flight of fancy . . . a hope . . . a dream . . . *melodramatically emotes a longing stare at nothing in particular, accentuated with a gesticulated hand pose*

. . . but, yeah, in typing this up, I realize . . . if we're short on ideas for the Incarnate System, some Incarnate-level Travels would be awesome, no?  

A Super Speed so fast that coming in to contact with an enemy throws them against the nearest wall at high velocity.

A Fly so powerful that it blows enemies on to their butts as you zoom past them.
A Super Leap which doesn't feel like you're just weirdly under the effects of moon gravity, and instead you actually move with some /OOMPH/.

I like those ideas, I'm personally really looking forward to when/if they add in the experimental power pool so I can super speed and teleport  the with same power! 

I really like these incantate travel form ideas too, but i'd worry about how they'd work in pvp. Maybe have them be the normal in pvp, or finely balanced?

Although could it be any worse than the super jump and super speed combo in pvp? (Shrug... I really don't enjoy Popcorn vs Popcorn) 

I think truly instant TP could have some weird interactions experiencing/causing lag, although with computers being much better than they were when the game came out it might not be an issue any longer. Not sure I'd want this eating an incarnate slot, but maybe a (perma?) temp power you can get off the P2W vendor that requires X incarnate boosts before you can purchase it may be cool.

Edited by Dragon Crush
spotted a spelling error

11 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

I think truly instant TP could have some weird interactions experiencing/causing lag, although with computers being much better than they were when the game came out it might not be an issue any longer. Not sure I'd want this eating an incarnate slot, but maybe a (perma?) temp power you can get off the P2W vendor that requires X incarnate boosts before you can purchase it may be cool.

It could be a new slot too, like instead of Hybrid or Lore, it's Journey?

I feel it would be anticlimactic getting a fancy travel power from the p2w vendor, although if it had to be the p2w vendor, it's better than not at all 🙂

13 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Was "Journey" one of the Incarnate Tiers?  I remember all 10 were listed /somewhere/ at -some-point in time.

. . . I think.

Oh, no no. I invented it. Like, have a totally new incarnate pool called Journey for incarnate travel powers. That way it isn't taking up a current incarnate slot.

• Like 1

I have always loved Teleport, right from the first time I used to to today. But I seldom get it. Not because of the issues, or end cost or whatever... but because it's just too low a priority on most of my characters. I need to take CJ or Hover for use in missions. If I take Hover I really need fly (because hover is too slow when not fighting). If I go with Hover (and I generally do) I can take afterburner (LoTG slot). So for one Power Pool I get two LoTG Slots, and a travel power. Teleport as a pool just doesn't have that draw, no mitigation powers, no mules, and if I want to use the knock-back protection it detracts from the actual stuff I need (Range).

So I'm all for a different version of a faster Teleport and I'd even happily lose one of my existing Incarnate Powers to take it (providing it was one I don't use or is very IMO situational).

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Was "Journey" one of the Incarnate Tiers?  I remember all 10 were listed /somewhere/ at -some-point in time.

. . . I think.

According to Paragon Wiki the so far unknown Incarnate Abilities were: Genesis, Mind, Vitae and Omega. No idea if there was anything in the game files for these Abilities or if they were just names.

What's needed is a combat teleport to the teleport pool.  Like combat jumping add small amount of defense (explained by you are phased or whatever) and make the range half of main teleport.  Make it a targeted power like feral strike or shield bash or lightning rod, but with no damage.  They are near instant.

I uh, would also like the personal teleport power to resolve a little faster. Like when you've goofed up and started to fall from 20 stories up and you click teleport and you finish falling to the ground and THEN it resolves is kind of annoying. I'd like to see the activation time cut in half, the animation could just be sped up to match maybe? Simply as a QoL convenience.  You could lengthen the cooldown on the other side to prevent it from being chained any faster, but I'd like to start it faster.

Oh and Siderous: You can make regular teleport into a targeted thing already using a macro. It has to be on a level with you to work but it's very much possible to target a foe and teleport onto them. 

Edited by Erydanus

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 6 months later

Delayed reply, and apologies for that, but after using initial version of Jaunt during the Page 5 Beta . . . I am more full of desire for an instant-cast Teleport than ever.

Damn, that insta-Jaunt was amazing . . . so good that I even took a silly little super-speed Power just to unlock it.

• Haha 1