Some Suggestions

Lockpick

Some of these may have already been requested, but I haven't searched to check.

• Multiple Builds: Allow different ATs or Power Sets to be selected (i.e. Build 1 could be a Blaster, Build 2 a Tanker, etc.).  I made this suggestion earlier (see link below), but adding it here to a list of items I would like to see change.
  • Add an Accolade power (Auto: 5% Recharge) and badges for the Shadow Shard.  Something like:
    • Completing the 4 Shadow Shard TFs
    • Completing the Chantry Exploration Badge
    • Completing some defeats of Rularuu (Not sure there are badges, so might have to create)
    • Complete Shadow Shard History badges (Not sure there are badges, so might have to create)
  • Have Combat Jumping work with Ninja Run and Beast Run
  • Add a P2W vendor and a trainer to Oro
  • Add a trainer to AE locations
  • Add a default slot to Ninja Run and Beast Run for Endurance, Jump, and Run Speed enhancements
  • Have Fly give you the option to select Magic Carpet, Void Skiff, or Rocket Board as your animation for Fly.  Or have these 3 powers reskinned as temp powers like Jet Pack.  Basically, it would be nice to use these options as Fly powers without the de-toggling, although I would still want to keep the current powers that do the de-toggle.  Maybe once you buy the current version a new version could open up as a temp power.
  • AE: Have some volunteers review and play story arcs and then propagate them to core content.  Basically, I would like to see players write coherent story arcs or task forces that are aligned with canon that could be propagated to core with the appropriate rewards (merits, etc.).  The 2 new story arcs that were added in the recent update are good examples or content that I thought were pretty good.  The HC team is not likely going to be able to add content at a rapid pace, but HC community could.  There are tons of good content in AE right now, but I think most people don't play the AE content because it may not be rewarding or maybe it is not immersive because you are doing it in an AE building.  Maybe there could be one story arc per month that is propagated and one TF every quarter.  Obviously they would need to be tested, but it might be interesting to have new story paths to use to level.  This is a very creative community, so I think we would see some really good stories.  Would also get more people to use AE, which I think is horribly underused (except for farming).
  • Add the Experienced Power to the P2W vendor.

Anyway, I will add to the list as I think of new suggestions.

Edited by Lockpick
You will many edits as I update the original list with new ideas

Pretty sure that (1) is not technically possible.

I did read your other post, and I saw that (a) you have a name you really like, and (b) you prefer to have one character who can switch specs (radically) rather than create multiple alts.  Unfortunately, that's not how it works here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Multiple Builds: Allow different ATs or Power Sets to be selected (i.e. Build 1 could be a Blaster, Build 2 a Tanker, etc.).  I made this suggestion earlier (see link below), but adding it here to a list of items I would like to see change.

If it were harder to reach cap, or it cost money to rename characters then yes... but I already rename some of my characters on a semi-regular basis to keep a name I like on a character I like to play (at that time). And getting to 50 really isn't that hard. It would be much harder to actually then get the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc "AT Slots" built, unless you also want them to keep the original slot's incarnate powers and IOs (Build Slots don't get the IOs from build one automatically applied to build 2 or 3. Never checked with Incarnates as I don't use Build Slots much, but I think they don't carry over either.)

Add an Accolade power (Auto: 5% Recharge) and badges for the Shadow Shard.  Something like:

An accolade would be good, More content in the Shards would also be good. Not sure about specific bonus though, at this point I don't think +recharge is really needed (or better put, by the time you would likely have this accolade you have +recharge coming out of your ears), and bearing in mind what you face in the Shards perhaps a flat +def/+res to Psionics would be more fitting.

Have Combat Jumping work with Ninja Run and Beast Run

Yes please.

Add a P2W vendor and a trainer to Oro

Trainer, maybe. I could see it being useful. Don't see the point or need for a P2W though.

Add a trainer to AE locations

Unneeded, all zones that have an AE also have a trainer already. Having one in the AE building is just laziness.

Add a default slot to Ninja Run and Beast Run for Endurance, Jump, and Run Speed enhancements

I certainly wouldn't mind it, but I'm not sure it's the right direction to go. Personally I'd go with a Ninja Run/Beast Run style for sprint, and then the temp power is just a flat boost to run/jump which works with sprint. I don't really want to see the speed/jump height of NR/BR being just another free travel power. At least without similar boosts to fly and teleport.

9 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Pretty sure that (1) is not technically possible.

I did read your other post, and I saw that (a) you have a name you really like, and (b) you prefer to have one character who can switch specs (radically) rather than create multiple alts.  Unfortunately, that's not how it works here.

It is definitely technically possible.  The question is whether it would be a valuable use of resources compared to other priorities and the complexity of the solution.  In this case, most likely it is not.  Yes, I understand that is not how it works here.  Been playing this game since 2004, so understand how it works.  Just making a suggestion on things I personally would like to see and that IMO would benefit the game.

6 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

If it were harder to reach cap, or it cost money to rename characters then yes... but I already rename some of my characters on a semi-regular basis to keep a name I like on a character I like to play (at that time). And getting to 50 really isn't that hard. It would be much harder to actually then get the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc "AT Slots" built, unless you also want them to keep the original slot's incarnate powers and IOs (Build Slots don't get the IOs from build one automatically applied to build 2 or 3. Never checked with Incarnates as I don't use Build Slots much, but I think they don't carry over either.)

The suggestion on multiple builds leveraging multiple ATs / Power Sets is more about progression as opposed leveling difficulty or the name. 

What do you do once you hit 50 and fully incarnate?  I would guess most people start an Alt (this is what I do) and a few continue to play their character long term.  My suggestion is about giving the character the ability to progress long term and become more established in the community as opposed to sitting on the shelf.  I have 8 50s now that I just login and move them to a new day job location, while I spend my time leveling up a new character.  I assume I am not the only one who does this, but maybe I am wrong.

For me, it would have been awesome if I could have taken my DP/EM character and had a separate builds for DP/MC, DP/Ninjitsu, DP/SR, and AR/Devices.  You could set up the next build, so you could level it as normal.

Example: I get my DP/EM to 50 and now want to roll a DP/MC.  I go to the new build section, select my AT and Power Set, and start leveling.  It is just like starting a new character, just in the second build, 

6 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

An accolade would be good, More content in the Shards would also be good. Not sure about specific bonus though, at this point I don't think +recharge is really needed (or better put, by the time you would likely have this accolade you have +recharge coming out of your ears), and bearing in mind what you face in the Shards perhaps a flat +def/+res to Psionics would be more fitting.

I don't really care about the actual reward, so your idea of +def/+res to Psionics seems reasonable to me.  My thought is more along the lines of tangible rewards to drive progression.  On my characters I am leveling I always get the 4 passive accolades, but rarely get the other accolade powers.  The reward v. time need to be enough where the time spent to get the reward is seen as an accomplishment.  I would also like to see an accolade power for completing all the TFs.

"Technically possible", perhaps, in the sense of "would require entirely recoding large parts of the game."  I submit that this is a task beyond the scope of what the Paragon/Cryptic devs could do, let alone the HC team (no offense to the latter).  My previous response assumed you were not aware of this because knowing it to be so, in your place, I would not ask or suggest it.

To continue:  yes, in my experience, that is the common pattern of gameplay here.  I'm sorry that you find it unsatisfying, but again, I doubt that it is practical to alter the game to change it significantly.  Note that there is technically nothing preventing you, or I, from continuing to play characters once they are fully incarnate and "complete"; particularly if one enjoys how they play, wishes to make actual use of all that effort rather than (effectively) wasting it by (effectively) discarding them upon completion, and/or considers them as characters first rather than simply bundles of powers.  That said, for me at least, I think part of the tendency or urge to shelve them and make a new character is due to the desire to explore new ideas, concepts and/or power combinations within the vast space of possibilities that this game allows, and/or some measure of "burnout" from grinding the previous one to this point.  (Ironic, then, to embark immediately on the same journey with another...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lockpick said:

Example: I get my DP/EM to 50 and now want to roll a DP/MC.  I go to the new build section, select my AT and Power Set, and start leveling.  It is just like starting a new character, just in the second build, 

This is clearly losing something in translation (from your head to mine), but what is different about parking your "complete" 50, changing the name and starting a new character with the same name?

For me, I don't have 8 50s... I'm still working on my 8th. And none of them are full T4s (nor are any of my current ones likely to get to that point).

If you look at the other thread you'll notice I posted my own thoughts on what you describe... stealing some of the ideas from the DDO reincarnation system: (https://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation) and Past Lives (https://ddowiki.com/page/Past_lives). But I don't see the point of a reincarnation system in CoH as you describe, as what you describe is basically a reroll where you keep your badges and some frills (accolades), many/all of which you'd probably get again in the process of levelling up. Especially if you plan on levelling up "old school" rather than blasting to 50 getting your T4s and then having nothing to do... 😉

3 hours ago, Megajoule said:

"Technically possible", perhaps, in the sense of "would require entirely recoding large parts of the game."  I submit that this is a task beyond the scope of what the Paragon/Cryptic devs could do, let alone the HC team (no offense to the latter).  My previous response assumed you were not aware of this because knowing it to be so, in your place, I would not ask or suggest it.

I think it's fine to suggest things that there is no realistic way to have added to the game providing they understand that.

Edited by Lost Ninja

What do you do once you hit 50 and fully incarnate?  I would guess most people start an Alt (this is what I do) and a few continue to play their character long term.  My suggestion is about giving the character the ability to progress long term and become more established in the community as opposed to sitting on the shelf.  I have 8 50s now that I just login and move them to a new day job location, while I spend my time leveling up a new character.  I assume I am not the only one who does this, but maybe I am wrong.

Back on live, get all the badges, check all the interesting story arcs I missed leveling, knock lowbie enemies from one side of the street to the other, farm stuff for my other alts.

I don't really care about the actual reward, so your idea of +def/+res to Psionics seems reasonable to me.  My thought is more along the lines of tangible rewards to drive progression.  On my characters I am leveling I always get the 4 passive accolades, but rarely get the other accolade powers.

Maybe make the accolade make other click accolade powers recharge in 1/5th the time. If they had 5 minute recharge opposed to 25 they might get some use. Different yet similar to original +rech suggestion.

17 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

This is clearly losing something in translation (from your head to mine), but what is different about parking your "complete" 50, changing the name and starting a new character with the same name?

It is about allowing a single character to continue progressing.  The idea came to me as I was about to shelve my latest 50.  I was just thinking that it would be nice to instead of starting a new character to have a new build on the existing character that allowed a selection of new power sets / ATs.  I was just thinking it would be nice to have one character that has done everything in game (all badges, Villain/Hero arcs, etc.).  You can certainly do that with an existing character, but my reality is that I like leveling new builds and exploring new powers more than I would like to spend the time on one character to do everything,  I just thought it would be something neat to be able to do to be able to do both. 

Then I started thinking about the downsides if this option were implemented in game and couldn't really think of any.  Then I started thinking about the upsides where the character could get all the badges, explore more power sets, be able to fill multiple roles, and how I would play one character much longer, so would become more engaged in the overall community.  I basically saw all upside and no downside.  I haven't seen anyone mention any downside except the technical implementation.

The other thing is that when I am playing the game I sometimes have thoughts like "Man, it would be cool if we could do X" or "Man, I sure wish they had a trainer in Oro" and then I continue playing and forget the idea,  This time I just decided to start a thread in the suggestions forum and add to it as ideas come up.