API or any way of getting Server status / players online?

I was there on launch day and I was there on the last day and I just found this place and after the initial shock wore off I decided that my next personal project would be a fan site. Just a simple one-pager dedicated to Paragon City. I thought it would be cool to display the numbers of players playing on the site to show how active it is after all these years and figured I'd ask here if there is _any_ known way to get that info.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Greg-J said:

I was there on launch day and I was there on the last day and I just found this place and after the initial shock wore off I decided that my next personal project would be a fan site. Just a simple one-pager dedicated to Paragon City. I thought it would be cool to display the numbers of players playing on the site to show how active it is after all these years and figured I'd ask here if there is _any_ known way to get that info.

Though scraping is kinda dickish....  There's the server status page. (in the toolbar at the top of the screen.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

51 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Though scraping is kinda dickish....  There's the server status page. (in the toolbar at the top of the screen.)

Yeah, I'd rather not unless they were specifically okay with it.

Given that we have the source code and they're obviously doing it themselves I was hoping to find out what the request URI(s) for the servers is and then just figure out what to do with the response from there.

• Like 1

• City Council

I would be happy to create an endpoint for 3rd party developers to fetch the stats presented on our Server Status page without having to rely on scraping. I have a few things to do that take priority at the moment, but I can probably get something to you tonight 🙂

• Like 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• 4 weeks later
On 11/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Axis said:

Sort of related....are there plans for an API to get badges and post them to a website, similar to Badge-Hunter, etc? 

I wouldn't do it real time (once a day at most), and only for accounts/characters that opt in.

I asked a similar question to the City Info Tracker (CIT) folks, and from what I was told, CIT  probably cannot handle the volume of data produced by Homecoming.  I think HC is over 150K accounts and over 1mil characters (and growing, daily).  So keeping track of 1,000,000 characters' progress on badges (how many are there?) and other info becomes rather large, rather quickly. 

(Since no one answered)

• 2 weeks later

Hey! Just wondering if anything ever became of this project? I'd love to help out in any way if I can.

I'm a developer myself and very interested in any available API's to fuel development projects.

The goal would be a small web app or utility like @Greg-J had mentioned. 

Also this is my first post sooo real quick I have to thank the homecoming team and community for all the awesome work you guys do. Being able to play CoH again is such a gift :)

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later
On 11/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, Cipher said:

I would be happy to create an endpoint for 3rd party developers to fetch the stats presented on our Server Status page without having to rely on scraping. I have a few things to do that take priority at the moment, but I can probably get something to you tonight 🙂

@Cipher, did you get around to this?

On 12/3/2019 at 5:55 PM, r0y said:

I asked a similar question to the City Info Tracker (CIT) folks, and from what I was told, CIT  probably cannot handle the volume of data produced by Homecoming.  I think HC is over 150K accounts and over 1mil characters (and growing, daily).  So keeping track of 1,000,000 characters' progress on badges (how many are there?) and other info becomes rather large, rather quickly. 

(Since no one answered)

I would just like to point out that I'm only responsible for 40 of these 1,000,000 characters.  The player screen told me I get 1000 slots so I haven't really made a dent in it yet.

• 4 months later
On 1/7/2020 at 6:13 PM, seebs said:

Huh, that's a neat idea. I'd love to also have endpoints for things like event statuses -- say, things like fire alarms or rikti raids that could be reasons to log in. 🙂

Is there an API for getting things from Discord? it's got pages for each server listing all "chat", presumably including things like fire alarms starting and such. Rikti raids would require some interesting parsing of the LFG channel.