Announcing the November Costume Contest! Groups! Nov 23rd!

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey guys! We are super excited to announce our new theme for this months costume contest! 

👫 Groups! 👨‍👨‍👧

Come on out to Kallisti Wharf on Nov. 23rd with your friends for our first ever GROUP costume contest! You must have between two and five people. That means at least two but no more than five people in your groups. There are no limits to your creativity as long as you stay within the guidelines of the CoC! 

When?

• November 23rd @ 10pm UTC
  • 10pm UTC is:
    • 10pm UK time
    • 5pm Eastern time
    • 2pm Pacific time
    • 11pm Central European time
    • Click here to see 10pm UTC in your timezone

Where?

• Statesman Plaza in the centre of Kallisti Wharf on all five shards (Torchbearer, Excelsior, Reunion, Indomitable and Everlasting)
    • Heroes can reach Kallisti Wharf via the tram
    • Villains can reach Kallisti Wharf via the Smuggler’s Submarine in Sharkhead Isle and Grandville

Prizes?

• The two runner-up group costumes on each shard will win:
    • A permanent golden title: Group Costume Contest Runner-Up (Everyone)
    • The Fashion Victim Badge (Everyone)
    • 200 reward merits - Split evenly among the members (rounded to the nearest 25 merit increment).
  • The best group costume on each shard will win:
    • A permanent golden title: Group Costume Contest Finalist (Everyone)
    • 500 reward merits - Split evenly among the members (rounded to the nearest 25 merit increment).
  • The single best overall group costume will win: 
    • A permanent golden title: Group Costume Contest Winner (Everyone)
    • 2000 reward merits - Split evenly among the members (rounded to the nearest 25 merit increment).
  • Like 1

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

• Retired Lead Game Master

No multiboxing please, as there is a set number of people allowed in KW - and we want the spaces to be filled with actual players. Thanks for asking though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

On that day, the Pacific Time will be 1pm (we just switched to Daylight Standard Time), not 2pm as indicated (originally).  Also, Eastern Time (USA) will be 4pm, not 5pm.

Unfortunately, I'm working (well, guess it's fortunate, but you know...)

Edited by r0y
  • Like 1

There was some concern raised during our team's discussions for the contest that pop culture tributes would win-by-default.  I just wanted to seek a point of clarity here on that matter.  Since you specifically called out the Code of Conduct (or at least assuming you did, with "CoC" not meaning "Call of Cthulhu" here) . . . am I correct in understanding that the judges will be grading based on originality of the teams' costumes, instead of the teams' abilities to make replicas of The Power Rangers, or Star Wars characters?

• Like 1

• City Council

Just updated the time. It should've read 10pm UTC, not 9pm UTC (the time in all other timezones was correct).

On 11/13/2019 at 4:46 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

am I correct in understanding that the judges will be grading based on originality of the teams' costumes, instead of the teams' abilities to make replicas of The Power Rangers, or Star Wars characters?

Correct. Original characters only!

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!