Fire/Fire/Force Blapper looking for suggestions.

Sakai

I seem to have a certain fondness for Fire.  Most of my characters have some variety of it regardless of AT.  The notable exception since coming back is my Time/Water Fender who I absolutely love even though he does little if any damage.  Just slows things right down.

But play a Blaster?  Pfffft..that wasn't going to happen.

The thing is I always wanted a Blapper.  Tried 5 times on Live, three tries as an Electric/Electric, before just giving up.  Obviously the notion of running into the fray with nothing but damage and more damage to support me was not well suited for my temperament.  

Eight years away from this game can change a man.  It only made sense to try again.

From this RezzPls was born.  Couldn't be happier really.  He has been living in the middle of the fray since level 1 and despite the name didn't die much till I hit the mid 30s.  I account that to pure luck honestly.  Was very very close to abandoning him when I hit the early 40s and everything seemed to perma mez me.  Hated it.  Pushed through...somehow.

Basic thought was lots of Accuracy and a bunch of Recharge to melt any who stand in my way.  Mitigation comes from Repulsion Field, Cauterize, Hot Feet with a splash of Defence for those baddies that aren't close enough to dissolve yet.

I don't actually use Ring of Fire, just there for the bonus so open to other suggestions.  1 slot to spare right now but unsure what to do with it.  The empty power was Fire Breath but found I wasn't using it.

Never plan to leave 50 now that I have arrived...Clarion is SOOOOO close.....SOOOOO glad.  (Do I need that Aegis in Tough with Clarion?)  As such anything that is not a Purple, a Proc or an ATO will get Boosted to +5.  Which I am sure will lead to some overkill as far as ED is concerned so let me know if there are certain areas I don't need to do that.  (How do I Boost IOs in Mids?  Seem to have forgotten.)

Hope what I am doing makes sense to someone and they can help me improve it a bit.

Conversely if you think I am crazed feel free to let me know that as well.

Influence really isn't an object because prices are no where as crazy as Live.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

RezzPls  50 non incarnate: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Force Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 1: Ring of Fire -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(21), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(23), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(5), Rgn-Dmg(5)
Level 4: Combustion -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(7), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(19), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def(9), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), Krm-ResKB(34)
Level 8: [Empty] 
Level 10: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), Ags-Psi/Status(29), StdPrt-ResKB(33)
Level 16: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 18: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 24: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 26: Aim -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 28: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 30: Consume -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(31), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), EndMod-I(33)
Level 32: Cauterizing Aura -- EnrMnp-Stun%(A), ThfofEss-+End%(36), Pnc-Heal/+End(36), PrfShf-End%(37), Acc-I(37)
Level 35: Burn -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(39), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40)
Level 38: Hot Feet -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), Acc-I(42), Slow-I(42), Arm-Dam%(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42)
Level 41: Blazing Bolt -- Apc-Acc/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(50), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Apc-Dmg(50)
Level 44: Inferno -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(45), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(48), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Repulsion Field -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(48)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), RgnTss-Regen+(27), Mrc-Rcvry+(29)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(7)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Total Core Revamp 
------------

11 hours ago, Sakai said:

Was very very close to abandoning him when I hit the early 40s and everything seemed to perma mez me.  Hated it. 

Never plan to leave 50 now that I have arrived...Clarion is SOOOOO close.....SOOOOO glad.  (Do I need that Aegis in Tough with Clarion?)  As such anything that is not a Purple, a Proc or an ATO will get Boosted to +5.  Which I am sure will lead to some overkill as far as ED is concerned so let me know if there are certain areas I don't need to do that.  (How do I Boost IOs in Mids?  Seem to have forgotten.)

if you slot the ATO Status Proc into a T1 or T2 power, you can fire it while mezzed & pull yourself out most of the time. no need for the Aegis or Clarion.

you can boost Purples, tho i only bother with the End one if my ratio is too tight. right-click the Enh, hover over it in the selection box, tap "+" or "-" on your KB.

• Like 1

That would give me a reason to keep Ring of Fire on my bar.  I'll give that a shot.  Thanks.

That would free up another slot which makes it two open.  Any suggestions where I might throw them to be worthwhile?

Edit cause I'm dumb...

Looks like it is still only 1 slot free as there is already a bunch of purples in Ring.  

Oh well...so what should I do with that last one?

Edit cause I'm dumb Part 2.

No there are 2.  Other one comes from the deleted Aegis.

Question stands 😛

Edited by Sakai

5 hours ago, Sakai said:

That is a nice build Jawbreaker and thank you for it  but, yeah, set on my little ball of fiery death. 

Very excited to get home from house sitting  and finally slot everything up and see how he rolls now. 

Keep us posted!

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

• 2 weeks later

Here is my fire/fire group build. This build is full-out dps and recharge (perma-hasten without Incarnates), with not much care for defense.  The only thing I'd change is slotting super speed instead of using super jump. SS+CJ is more than enough and rather fun, actually.  Attack is: BU+Aim -> Inferno (~30s sec cd) -> all dead or clean up with blaze + flares. If Inferno is on CD:  BU+Aim -> Fire Breath, Fireball + jump in mob, Fire Sword Circle -> clean up with blaze+flares and/or fireball.  I use Hot Feet on my fire/ice blaster, but have not found it useful for this fire/fire build.  Someone else went for the defense / Solo TF route, and iirc those had winter sets and they had diff epic powers.  

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

• 3 weeks later

Can't really help with the blapper part as my main was/will be a pure fire/fire/fire squishy blaster.

BUT I strongly suggest to readd Fire Breath to the build.

When first started the game I also didn't use it much and ended up removing it. (I was playing more careful ack then and the range seemed too small for me)

It wasn't until a certain issue (don't remember which one, but one of the earlier ones) forced me to respecc that I gave it another chance.

Aim + Build up + Fire Breath + Fireball

and if anything is still standing then Fire Sword Circle

And if anything still survived that, Combustion and or Rain of Fire, Blaze or Fire Sword (Or whatever attacks you have left)

This basically renders the nuke an emergency power and even as a squishy you can easily solo most content even on higher difficulties.

And in teams you will easily melt the biggest enemy groups away, to the point where the other blasters in the team will start to question their need 😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 2/5/2020 at 2:20 PM, Giocondi said:

I hate the cast time on both fire breath and combustion. Great while leveling but I think once you get all the other AOE's I respect out of them.

They're both terrible powers in my opinion. AoE damage is not lacking without them. I didn't take Fire Sword Circle either, I can't imagine taking all 3.

This is all in the context of a high end lvl 50 build, while still working great exemped down. 

I have a fire/energy blapper who is pretty much my main these days.  I don't see many people blapping.  I like how it's both unique and very powerful.  It's like playing a scrapper, while also having a nuke, and a snipe to pick off mobs trying to flee.  I have 4 powers in my attack chain and they all 1-shot minions without having to crit.

I went with 45% smash/lethal defense and 45% ranged as my primary build goal while maintaining enough recharge for my optimal ST DPS chain.  Then I squeezed and tweaked to try to boost my regen as much as I could.  This almost certainly means using either Cold Epic or Mace Epic to get the smash/lethal defense toggle.   Also liberally using Kinetic combat and Mako's bite sets including in a bunch of set mules.  My build is a single target focused toon, you're probably looking at more AoE damage with your powersets, but I think you would benefit from a similar defense goal to what I built.  I find myself tanking a lot, and my defenses and regen are enough to handle it.  I'm not claiming I can survive what tanks and brutes can, but really, as long as I don't do something stupid, can still handle all villian groups +4x4 solo and most I can go to +4x8.

I agree with your feelings about mezz protection... yes, I use clarion and have it to trigger every time I switch targets if it's up (my auto cast is in hasten).  But I do find that exampling isn't so bad with the soft capped defenses.  Most mezz powers are classified as ranged and most stuns come with smashing damage.  There's a few exceptions, but generally speaking it's rare that I get stuck in a mezz while running in my 20s, 30s and 40s.   As others have suggested the ATO proc in a tier 1 power helps.  I used it when I was leveling up.  But it's not a full solution.  Being missed by mezzes helps more.  I no longer have mine there as I don't use those powers anymore.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow