Ninjas/what?

TheSpiritFox

Can ninjas be gotten to the softcap? Thugs can be pretty fragile at times, my thugs/time had real serious issues in a hami raid with full incarnates up, is it possible to get ninjas to enough survivability with the right secondary and power selections, can they be softcapped without incarnates by anything? What's the tankiest ninja build you could make out of all possible secondaries, epics, potentially for surviving and competing in incarnate content? Can you min/max enough to keep them alive?

:Edit:

/FF bores the shit out of me. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox

Time, Cold and FF can softcap Ninjas though they probably need Power Boost to get them there. Doesn't all MM pets have trouble in the Hami Raid unless we feed them EoE? I usually set them to passive/stay in the back until the mitos are almost gone, to give them time to run over. Attack the Hami, watch pets die during bloom, resummon and repeat.

• Consider /Cold for a secondary.  You get Ice Shields to boost defense similar to FF bubbles, but you get a fair array of debuffs in the set, too. You just have to deal wtih teh fact that your ninjas are encased in 6 inches to a foot of ice and still kicking people offside the head.
  • /Time, I've heard nothing but praises of.  I have a Time/Energy Defender who I'm going to solo through most of 1-20 Praetoria someday, but so far I haven't DONE anything wth the set.  It does sound like you'll want to get quite a few procs for Time though.
  • /Rad or /Poison would boost your minion survival from the other angle. By kittenizing your foes. Debuff your foe to-hit to the floorboards, and they'll just whiff against your ninjas.  However, keeping your ninjas on a tighter leash would become more important, since if they follow someone outside of the debuff rage, they will *NFL CRUNCH sounds* pay the price!
  • /Thermal gives you a mix of heals and resist shields, and later on some damage boosting and strong debuffs.  It will do nothing to help your minions softcap defense, but, a mix of moderate defense (from Pet Aura IO's) and moderate resists and maintenence heals can get the job done.
Edited by MTeague

8 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Doesn't all MM pets have trouble in the Hami Raid unless we feed them EoE?

Hamidon attack damage is UNTYPED ... meaning that there is no Defense against it (go figure...).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 4 weeks later

Cold or Time if you want hardier pets and some debuffs/control.

Storm if you want to embrace the fact that no matter what secondary you pick, your minions will die horribly and often. Maximum single target damage, plenty of control and a whole lot of chaos.

Edited by ScarySai