Ninja/Time/Mace ... "It's a BOW Time ..."

Redlynne

Okay … this … is going to take some explaining.

There really isn't any way around that, because the interactions with the procs slotted into this build (and WHERE they're slotted, and why!) isn't going to be something that translates out as being intuitively obvious just looking at the build planner.  It's why I really wish that future evolutions of the build planner we keep using will include a new section detailing the proc chances of any procs you slot into your powers, within the context of the build's "design" and overall choices.  It would make cross-comparison of these factors to weigh alternatives a LOT easier to do!  But since that hasn't been implemented yet as a Feature Request™ … we work with the tools we have.

So, just in case all of that preamble wasn't obvious enough … WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!!
Seriously.

Even I'm looking at what I wrote up for this, with all the Show Your Work math involved, and it's pretty daunting.  Even I took a critical hit from the wall of text on this one (and if you think that's bad, take a look at my sig)!  But if you're fine with taking damage like that … let's get down to brass tacks on what I've got going on here.

However, if you're wanting skip over all the Good Bits™ of theorycrafting and just get on with the build spec, here's a link for you to jump to.

First of all, a round of thanks is most definitely in order for all of the researchers in this community who provided their most valuable resource of all … their TIME … to hunting down and codifying a lot of the underlying formulas and maths behind how procs actually function here on Homecoming under the PPM regime instituted for Issue 24 (and consequently, the "Issue 25" we're all playing in now).  I basically took all that info and "ran with it" to produce the results you'll be seeing here in this new build.

This build is essentially a refactor/respec/update to a previously posted build I put in these forums.

My Ninja/Time/Mace ... the Tankermindroller post was my starting point for this rework, for what ought to be obvious reasons.

I am also drawing upon the lessons learned from my own dabblings into proc monsterhood in my Time/Dual Pistols/Soul ... Yet Another "No Escape" Build thread, which will at some point no doubt be getting updated (again?) using everything I've learned over these past few months since Homecoming "came back" to us all.

A multitude of thanks are also owed to all of the researchers and participants in the Procs Per Minute (PPM) Information Guide thread, now in the Guides forum, without which this new build wouldn't have happened.  Bopper, I blame you entirely for motivating me to do this … although I'm certainly willing to blame others too (including myself) for providing me the needed impetus to go ahead with this rebuild in the form you'll see it in here.

Inspiration for this build was also drawn from the conversations found in the Proc Monsters - The New Offender thread in the Defender forum.

Yes … I LOVE this community.  Why do you (even need to) ask?  💖

So … with all of that out of the way, let's talk about what latest bit of "You did WHAT?  With WHO?  And for HOW MANY jelly beans?!?" that wascally Redlynne has been up to lately, shall we?

"There is madness to our methods, YEEESSSSSSSS …"   spacer.png

So these are all of the procs that I'm putting into this build that have a chance to proc functionality that we need to be worried about in an offensive context.

• Overwhelming Force Genin (@ 1): 20% chance per attack (not a PPM) for Knockdown
  • Soulbound Allegiance in Genin (@ 1): 3 PPM for +100% Damage and +15% ToHit (on Genin) for 10s
  • Decimation in Snap Shot (@ 2): 1 PPM for +64% Damage and +32% To Hit for 5.25s
  • Preventive Medicine in Temporal Mending (@ 4): every 5s (90s lockout) for +Absorb
  • Entropic Chaos in Aimed Shot (@ 8): 3 PPM for 5% Heal
  • Winter's Bite in Aimed Shot (@ 8): 4 PPM for -Speed and -Recharge
  • Annihilation in Fistful of Arrows (@ 10): 3 PPM for -Resistance
  • Dark Watcher's Despair in Time's Juncture (@ 12): 3.5 PPM for -20% Recharge for 20s
  • Basilisk's Gaze in Distortion Field (@ 20): 3.5 PPM for -25% Recharge for 10s
  • Achilles' Heel in Slowed Response (@ 35): 3.5 PPM for -20% Resistance for 10s
  • Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control in Tactics (@ 44): 1 PPM for +64% Damage and +32% To Hit for 5.25s

Here's what those procs wind up "doing" inside of the overall context of this build.

Click Procs that are NOT chains

• PPM * ((BaseRecharge / ( 1 + RechargeBoost from Enhancements and Alpha / 100 )) + CastTime) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

*Note* For Single Target, Radius = 0 and Arc = 0.

Decimation (1 PPM … minimum chance = 6.50%)

• 1 * ((2 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1.188) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 4.40%)

Entropic Chaos (3 PPM … minimum chance = 9.50%)

• 3 * ((4 / ( 1 + 43.03 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 19.92%

Winter's Bite (4 PPM … minimum chance = 11.00%)

• 4 * ((4 / ( 1 + 43.03 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 26.56%

Annihilation (3 PPM … minimum chance = 9.50%)

• 3 * ((8 / ( 1 + 14.74 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000)))   = 22.17% per $Target hit by Fistful of Arrows

Basilisk's Gaze (3.5 PPM … minimum chance = 10.25%)

• 3.5 * ((60 / ( 1 + 31.59 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 85.87% per $Target

Achilles' Heel (3.5 PPM … minimum chance = 10.25%)

• 3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 21.20 / 100 )) + 2.508) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (pre-maximum 117.45%) per $Target

Notes for Snap Shot and Aimed Shot
Swapping the Decimation and Entropic Chaos procs between Snap Shot and Aimed Shot yield a 6.64% chance for Decimation in Aimed Shot and a 13.19% chance for Entropic Chaos in Snap Shot.  Since this is inferior to the (minimum clamped) 6.5% and 19.92% chances to proc (+0.14% and - 6.73% respectively), Entropic Chaos is used in Aimed Shot with the Winter's Bite proc (which adds Recharge, but not much when Winter's Bite is slotted as a Level 10 enhancement to increase the proc chance for both Entropic Chaos and Winter's Bite relative to higher Level on enhancement options).

Furthermore, if Winter's Bite is upgraded to Superior, it will increase the amount of Recharge on Aimed Shot, lowering the proc chance of both Entropic Chaos and (Superior) Winter's Bite, but the Superior Winter's Bite will have 5 PPM instead of only 4 PPM, which may offset the lower proc chance due to Recharge for it, but not for Entropic Chaos when slotted into Aimed Shot.  Note that in the context of this build, additional Recharge added to Aimed Shot would be "wasteful" since the power's recharge time is already below the minimum animation arcanatime of 1.188s, meaning that there is no additional performance "gain" that can be squeezed out of Aimed Shot while using it in an attack rotation by increasing the Recharge enhancement values slotted into the power itself.  If anything, increasing the Recharge value of the enhancements slotted into Aimed Shot would cause the proc chances to be negatively affected for little to no gain ... unless switching to a higher PPM proc than the ones I'm using in this build.  I'll be looking at this point again whenever I get around to posting a Purple 50 version of this build later.

While the Hasten and Chrono Shift buffs are active, Snap Shot has a recharge time of 0.56s and Aimed Shot has a recharge time of 1.1s in the context of this build without any Incarnate slotting at all.  Since both Snap Shot and Aimed Shot have arcanatime animation durations of 1.118s each (meaning recharge time for both powers is LESS THAN the animation times for both powers!).  This means that against a single target it is perfectly possible to have a 121212 repeating attack chain using just these two powers(!), that lasts only 2.376s(!) at a cost of 3.54+4.59=8.13 endurance per cycle, which is an endurance cost of -3.42/s, which cannot be sustained indefinitely … but which this build would be perfectly capable of sustaining for "a while" with the endurance recovery options fully slotted into this build before needing to pause (or chomp a blue skittle).  And as if that weren't enough, while doing a 121212 repeating attack chain, if the Decimation Build Up procs the 5.25s duration of the buff AFTER Snap Shot finishes animating it will last long enough for another FIVE ATTACKS … since 1.188*4=4.752s giving you multiple bites at the Build Up apple (so to speak).  And in the context of the chances to proc Build Up at least once every 3 rotations of the 12121212 pattern of using Snap Shot and Aimed Shot, you're looking at a 1-(1-0.065)3=18.2% chance to proc Build Up EVERY 7.128s(!!!).  That's slightly better odds than rolling a 1 on a 1d6, every 7.128s.  Not bad, eh?

A Build Up proc will yield the following.
+13.312 Lethal damage per buffed Snap Shot
+19.5776 Lethal damage per buffed up Aimed Shot
+17.8112 Lethal damage per $Target per buffed up Fistful of Arrows
Although that sounds like meager small potatoes, in the context of a 121212 repeating attack chain, this adds up to being …
(Aimed+Snap+Aimed+Snap+Aimed) = 26.624 (Snap) + 58.7328 (Aimed) = +85.3568 additional Lethal damage to a single $Target.
Given the animation duration of the 121212 attack chain producing this performance, that's +85.3568/7.128s=+11.9748597 additional Lethal damage per second(!) increase over the entire duration of the Snap Shot that procced Build Up through the end of the last Snap Shot attack to benefit from the buff (and this is on a Mastermind using the personal attacks!).

Okay ... granted ... if you take that +11.9748597 and multiply it by the 18.2% chance to proc every 3 rotation cycles, you'll wind up with only +2.1794244654 additional Lethal damage per second over an averaged infinite time frame ... but that's if you're only using the single target 121212 attack chain.  What happens if you're throwing in Fistful of Arrows into the mix too?  Well, funny you should ask ....

Notes for Snap Shot, Aimed Shot and Fistful of Arrows
While Hasten and Chrono Shift buffs are active, Fistful of Arrows has a 2.39s recharge time in the context of this build without any Incarnate slotting at all.  This is merely 0.014s longer than the animation time of Snap Shot followed by Aimed shot as detailed above.  Meaning that with a 123123 attack rotation it is also perfectly possible to repeat (for as long as your endurance holds out) which will have an arcanatime animation duration of 3.696s and cost 3.54+4.59+6.81=14.94 endurance per cycle, which is an endurance cost of -4.04/s, which cannot be sustained indefinitely … but which this build would be perfectly capable of sustaining for "a while" with the endurance recovery options fully slotted into this build before needing to pause (or chomp a blue skittle).  And as if that weren't enough, while doing a 123123 repeating attack chain, if the Decimation Build Up procs the 5.25s duration of the buff AFTER Snap Shot finishes animating it will last long enough for another FIVE ATTACKS … since 1.188+1.32+1.188*2=4.884s giving you multiple bites at the Build Up apple (so to speak).  And in the context of the chances to proc Build Up at least once every 2 rotations of the 123123123 pattern of using Snap Shot and Aimed Shot, you're looking at a 1-(1-0.065)2= 12.5% chance to proc Build Up EVERY 7.392s(!!!).  That's basically as difficult as rolling a 1 on a 1d8 every 7.392s.  Not bad (again), eh?

In the context of a 123123 repeating attack chain, this adds up to being …(Aimed+Fistful+Snap+Aimed+Fistful) = 13.312 (Snap) + 39.1552 (Aimed) + 35.6224 per $Target (Fistful) = +88.0896 additional Lethal damage to selected $Target plus +35.6224 additional Lethal damage to every additional $Target hit by Fistful of Arrows (max 10 targets)

Or to put it in a more easily readable format … +88.0896 additional Lethal damage to a single $Target ... or up to +408.6912 additional Lethal damage to 10 $Targets per Build Up proc.

SERIOUSLY NOT BAD (for a Mastermind's personal attacks), eh?

Alright, you won't be shaming any Scrappers (or Blasters, for that matter) with that kind of performance ... but you've got to admit it's kind of remarkable, for a Mastermind!

Given the animation duration of the 123123 attack chain producing this performance, that's +88.0896/7.392s=+11.9165178 additional Lethal damage per second(!) increase over the entire duration of the Snap Shot that procced Build Up through the end of the last Fistful of Arrows attack to benefit from the buff against a single $Target … or … up to +408.6912/7.392s=+55.2883116 additional Lethal damage per second(!) increase over the entire duration of the Snap Shot that procced Build Up through the end of the last Fistful of Arrows attack to benefit from the buff against 10 $Targets, requiring only 2 volleys of Fistful of Arrows against all 10 $Targets to accomplish that performance.  Also note that this performance can (will?) be modified even further(!) by the -Resistance debuff procs in Fistful of Arrows (what a coincidence…) and Slowed Response, which can stack(!) with each other since they're different procs.  NO REALLY SERIOUSLY NOT BAD, eh wot eh wot eh wot?

Okay ... granted ... if you take that +11.9165178 and multiply it by the 12.5% chance to proc every 2 rotation cycles, you'll wind up with only +1.489564725 additional Lethal damage per second against a single $Target over an averaged infinite time frame using the 123123 attack chain ... but against 10 $Targets you'd be multiplying the +55.2883116 by 12.5% chance to proc every 2 rotation cycles, and wind up with "only" +6.91103895 additional Lethal damage per second against 10 $Targets over an averaged infinite time frame using the 123123 attack chain.  Needless to say, in actual gameplay, with infinite endurance to burn you'd be looking at a gain of between +1.5/s and +6.9/s on average DPS gain, provided you never stopped attacking, which isn't ... how the game actually plays, but it's also not terrible when looking at a "pure" spreadsheet analysis of the situation.  But more realistically, the damage "bursts" you'd get from Build Up(s) would be more "spiky" than evenly distributed, so that kind of pure spreadsheet analysis of the differences is a little bit of a mug's game ... but anyway ... on with the story.

I mean … in the light of everything I've laid out above with Snap Shot and Aimed Shot in the overall context of this entire build, this is a pretty decent performance yield from a proc in a single target ranged attack, wouldn't you say?  I mean, am I right or am I right?

Now think about what the -Resistance debuffing from Fistful of Arrows and Slowed Response is going to do for your Ninja Pets (and Teammates as Pets?) with this build.  Go on … just imagine the possibilities …

I'm a */Time Manipulation/* Mastermind.  I can wait for you to work out what it means …

Toggle (and psuedopet?) Procs (PBAoE(ish))

• PPM x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + Radius * (11 * Arc + 540) / 30,000))) = Proc Chance

Dark Watcher's Despair (3.5 PPM … minimum chance 10.25%)

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.03% per $Target every 10s

Basilisk's Gaze (pseudopet?) (3.5 PPM … minimum chance = 10.25%)

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95% per $Target every 10s, duration 45s

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control (1 PPM … minimum chance 6.50%)

• 1 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 2.43%) per Teammate and Ninja Pet every 10 sec

Gaussian' Synchronized Fire Control chance to proc based on quantity of Pets and Teammates.
Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds (solo Mastermind with 6 Ninjas)
Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
"Team-14" (1 Mastermind + 6 Pets + 7 other Teammates): 1 - (1 - 0.065)^14 = 61.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Additional Important Note(!):
Everything I wrote earlier upthread about the Decimation Build Up proc in Snap Shot adding damage to your attack chain?  Copy Paste those yield results in here for the Gaussian's Build Up proc in Tactics … and even better yet, the two procs CAN STACK with each other!  And it's right about "now" that I'm simply going to stop Feeling Sorry™ for my $Targets … along with anyone else who thinks that taking the personal attacks on a Mastermind is a waste of animation time, effort, power picks, enhancement slots, enhancements acquisitions, endurance and (of course) overall build efficiency.

Foolish mortals ...

Because … yeah … UNaugmented by Build Up, your personal attacks as a Mastermind look kind of wasteful/pathetic/squandery compared to any other Archetype's attack powers.  But when you're proc monstering -Resistance debuffs and Build Up procs all over the place, while debuffing the stuffing out of your $Targets while you pincushion them with pointy sticks from your bow as your Ninjas go all La Machine on them in a frenzy of dismantle-age (in a hurry) … yeah … even with Time Manipulation, this Mastermind hasn't got the time needed to Feel Sorry™ for you.

YOU'RE WELCOME!   💕

Okay … with that minor bit of business/preamble out of the way (and no doubt making your heads explode right about now) … the other thing I need to explain about this build is that, ironically, this isn't a build aimed at winning a Rikti Pylon Challenge.  You can tell because there are numerous opportunities for damage procs that I deliberately passed up in order to skew this build more towards being a more Controller-ish type to play, relying more heavily on hard/soft controls to "neutralize" $Targets as an enabling tactic so as to keep my Ninjas alive (and kicking) longer.  Pretty much everything I'm doing with this build is angled towards increasing the survivability of my Ninjas, rather than aiming for insta-gib DPS-ness Of Doom™! (+3) for fastest possible face planting of $Targets.  This build is all about making the fight last longer on MY terms, rather than trying to end it as fast as inhumanely as possible.

If you want to take this build and push it more in the direction of a damage proc monster … feel free to be inspired by what I've done here and see what you can make!  If you're interested in doing that sort of thing, I'd honestly recommend seeing if you can somehow manage to shoehorn Enflame, from the Sorcery pool, into the build somehow, as an alternative to using the personal attacks like I'm doing here in this build.  The "challenge" for how to do this, exactly, is left as an exercise to be pursued by the disinterested reader.  Ye ken hoo i'tis.  👀

So, ideally speaking, when you're playing solo, what you want to do is open with Snap Shot from long range to attract the attention of only a few (preferably 1) $Target(s) who will then try to bumrush towards you and your Ninjas (that you've got on Bodyguard Mode).  As soon as you're attacked, your Genin will respond by throwing Shurikens.  This can potentially faceplant a Minion charging towards you before they even reach you, even if you aren't following up with Aimed Shot and/or Fistful of Arrows to take them down.  If your $Target brought "friends" with them (who noticed that you Snap Shot-ted the first faceplanter) then you can pincushion them too while your Ninjas get to work on delivering the necessary beatdownage.

I personally have found Time Crawl to be almost invaluable as a soft control/neutralizer of Lieutenants (and up) while soloing, because once they've emptied their attacks it takes them a LONG time to recharge … often "too long" for them to be able to attack ever again.  This then lets me take them out of the fight while mopping up any other opposition with near impunity.

For ease of reference, for those not steeped in the mechanics of -Recharge debuffing … the way the recharge formula responds to debuffing looks like this:

RechargeTime = BaseRechargeTime / ( 100% + Buffs - Debuffs )   spacer.png

What this means is that a -75% Recharge debuff will cause a power to take 4x as long to recharge as normal (if it wasn't already recharge buffed).  In a lot of contexts, this kind of -Recharge debuffing is as good (or even better!) than a Hold, because you can Breakfree out of Hold ... whereas you CANNOT Breakfree your way out of -Recharge debuffing!  Consequently, against "most" PvE $Targets, sufficient -Recharge debuffing can feel an awful lot like a "harder" soft control, especially when you can stack it somewhat effectively.

So the -60% Recharge debuff of Time Crawl makes powers take 2.5x as long to recharge on most PvE $Targets, which is quite the damage mitigator, particularly if you like to "kite" your $Targets so they can't melee you (which having personal attacks using your Bow will allow you to do VERY easily).  This is why I've got -Recharge debuff procs slotted into Aimed Shot, Time's Juncture and Distortion Field, because combined with Time Crawl it turns $Targets into Test Dummies who can't fight back all that effectively (while my Ninjas use them for combat practice).

I often times find myself using Temporal Mending either right after finishing a fight, so my Ninjas start the next one "fresh" and full up on their green bars (and to start the recharge countdown "early" before the next fight), or I'll use Temporal Mending after the first few hits have been exchanged so as to "negate" the value of the alpha strike(s) that were taken at the opening of the combat.  Temporal Mending is a HUGE boost to the survivability of pre-folded origami rice paper thin Ninja survival rates, particularly since it effectively "multiplies" the damage mitigation by division offered when using Bodyguard Mode to share out the damage that your Mastermind takes.

Likewise, Time's Juncture with its -ToHit debuffing affords a remarkable increase in protection to Ninja Pets … enough so that it's actually rare to want to keep your Mastermind more than 20-25 feet away from what they're engaging on your behalf (so as to keep them within the PBAoE of Time's Juncture).  However, despite this factor, I still wanted to make sure that Fistful of Arrows got at least some Range buffing on the power (in this build, enough to reach out to 55.3 feet away) so as to get the power to better be able to reach the limits of your inherent Supremacy radius of 60 feet.

For endurance recovery options, I am now completely "sold" on the notion of putting 3 slots into Health and Stamina, so as to maximize endurance recovery from those Auto powers.  Fully slotted out, this build has 115.9% Max Endurance … meaning that the Performance Shifter, when it procs, will award +11.59 endurance, not just +10.

With ALL of the toggles on the build running (except Sprint for the Stealth IO), as slotted the build has a +4.32/s endurance recovery (for 30s under Chrono Shift buffing) and a +3.43/s endurance recovery the rest of the time … while draining only -1.5/s endurance in total toggle costs, and detoggling Scorpion Shield can bring the drain down to -1.19/s endurance in total toggle costs, so there's a decent bit of room for "going negative" on net recovery while in combat and then letting your blue bar fill up relatively rapidly between combats so you're somewhat self(ishly) sufficient on endurance management issues.  In other words, this build won't be starved for endurance quite as much as some other Time Manipulation builds you might have seen in the wild.

Health regeneration tops out at 217% for 9.42 HP/s, which is somewhat lackluster.  But when you can cast a Heal for 183.4+244.5=427.9 HP of your 1041.944 HP (which is about 41%!) every 7 seconds … AND do the exact same for every one of your Ninjas within 25 ft of your Mastermind … well, that starts to add up pretty quickly when it comes to soaking alpha strikes (assuming you don't get mezzed by it, but that's what Breakfrees are for).

As far as Defense numbers go … when you factor in -14.33% ToHit from Time's Juncture (without Power Boost … or -20.48% To Hit for ~15s with Power Boost) against +0 $Targets, you get this kind of return on investment:

• Melee Defense: 21 + 14.33 = 35.33% without Power Boost and unboosted Farsight
    Melee Defense: 6.6 + 20.51 + 14.33 = 41.44% with Power Boosted Farsight during Power Boost downtime
    Melee Defense: 28.9 + 20.48 = 49.38% with Power Boost for ~15s
  • Ranged Defense: 23.5 + 14.33 = 37.83% without Power Boost
    Ranged Defense: 9.1 + 20.51 + 14.33 = 43.94% with Power Boosted Farsight during Power Boost downtime
    Ranged Defense: 31.4 + 20.48 = 51.88% with Power Boost for ~15s
  • AoE Defense: 21 + 14.33 = 35.33% without Power Boost
    AoE Defense: 6.6 + 20.51 + 14.33 = 41.44% with Power Boosted Farsight during Power Boost downtime
    AoE Defense: 28.9 + 20.48 = 49.38% with Power Boost for ~15s

In other words, if you need more Defense for your Mastermind, you can always burn a small Luck to get into softcap territory if you need it (or burn 2 if you're up against +4s).

Also keep in mind that your Ninjas will have another 6-11% more Defense (all) natively themselves beyond the above numbers, and the Pet Aura buffs slotted into their powers will add another +20% Defense (all) on top of that.  In other words, your Mastermind is the "weakest link" in the Defensive chain … which is why you either love Bodyguard Mode (not fighting mez) or you skip it (fighting mez).  Basic idea is, either you're taking the heat for your Ninjas (and sharing what gets through to them) … or … you're letting them take the heat for you because they've got the power of NO GET HITSU!! thanks to all the Defense you can stack on them.  Either way, you've got what you need to keep yourself, and them, protected (until the get One Shot™ and then you just resummon your faceless minions).

The only other thing that I want to mention about this build is just how … TIGHT … it feels in terms of power picks and slots.  I at least don't feel like there's any "useful wiggle room" on being able to achieve the same performance profile as what I've got here by any other means available.  I've basically wrung every power pick and every enhancement slot of just about everything it can possibly do (and then some!), and I just don't think there's any "room" left to push the build any further than I have without radically altering its inherent "character" in the form I've got it in here.  Other builds using the ideas I've presented here are certainly possible, but they would be somewhat radically different in execution and "feel" for how they would play.  As always … Your Mileage May Vary on this point.

Anyway, I think that's enough pontificating on this subject for the time being (don't you?) … let's get down to the actual build itself, shall we?  Also, I'll be posting my bindloadfiles afterwards too, so look forward to that.

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 6

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

spacer.png

You can have three guesses who's going to win. The first two don't count.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1529;734;1468;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F13511886CFB453B0A5D09652AE2DB4DCAF0344DD784D44633414418|
|C1A376452061943A74D0B0ABAF207E0758146972ABA318A0A4457FE056304BC6024|
|514445FD07F875DE4F19D34926CF99F79CEF72DE3333D1F1FDEE87072FEE1592B76|
|B444DA707A26A7A544BC57563D011554FEB31BBA02B97EED2CD9981FEB1783C6128|
|3DBA71464D472C13FBC6868694637A5CA33C869E1C1B5147F584E13B640C6B29CD1|
|855FE0E3CBD89C488D2ADA9835A2A3DAC275DE6737F52D306DD182652312D35F1DF|
|43F040528F29966A5135A671C313A5D46213DD8F1D82AF0D87E89585289785ED287|
|3D96E52FE04E6ACD88470CAA2BD8BD8298B85C0BF589A17A6F688F249D064694A20|
|EE06B8E526F316587C3BE3932C16298F5D420FF6AFA8E55A637E034BBF337F80E17|
|5F009D573700F8E087A9871E00832F9722751ABE112F332D874857995E8274ECBE6|
|DE9E52AC93639DCDC8D73AC35C41CDB6CFCC2FCC55F019C5E6716CDE5968EE73CCF|
|360C105660F3CF6F6834BE4413E3C90F3676DA656380716CD339F83C52F8845B278|
|4B311E8EF1EC90CCB9E69DCC5DCCDD60EB1EC9DCDF2CF5E863BF7CECD73BCAE3876|
|6F7BF468D9A05B07691B984B37F4F6B03BC36C06B6BDF80F51CD3C0313E3A84123E|
|D71217FA08E781917C6601D303D60424F39D98A33ECBD8CBB27178563E01068FC0B|
|3601F58B98AB3AC5C2316C8E203355881BAB68AED841CBBA86486397F35F516C21A|
|116A810FF354B38ABDA9626F9629573534A9FA15DEFB9A97F0E223CDD5719D3A334|
|78EA89FC49AFAEB6021D569E43A8D9CD34F5A0BEFADE50EBC6ABFCBBC07764E33EF|
|331FE0CCE7C90285F329BC979F6E213A58EBE0BD04E5EC6FB3D9AA6DD0253AB294C|
|E2C656B96B2CDAAB42177B75573DACC73886E6A1B995F0BFF1784C43D3ABDF4DDF3|
|FCBA8BE6790F12E7FCB5A9D9A488DDF4DC7B5832BFD7F2E3C410EDDD1AD788B8DFD|
|6B83034F91A7F5353F0B1CF953951D43E61199FB28C4F5AC67F004C72ED4F|

Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Ninjas
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:

Spoiler

Level 1:    Call Genin    
 (A) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (3) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (5) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 27
 (7) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 10
 (48) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 1:    Time Crawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Snap Shot    
 (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (7) Decimation - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (9) Decimation - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (9) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (23) Decimation - Chance of Build Up: Level 25

Level 4:    Temporal Mending    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
 (11) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (33) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 27

Level 6:    Train Ninjas    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 8:    Aimed Shot    
 (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (40) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (40) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (42) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (42) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20
 (42) Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge: Level 10

Level 10:    Fistful of Arrows    
 (A) Range IO: Level 50
 (45) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50
 (45) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (46) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 27

Level 12:    Call Jounin    
 (A) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (13) Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (13) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 27
 (15) Mark of Supremacy - Damage: Level 27
 (17) Mark of Supremacy - Endurance/Pet +Resist +Regen: Level 27

Level 14:    Time's Juncture    
 (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff: Level 27
 (19) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (21) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance: Level 27
 (23) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 21

Level 16:    Temporal Selection    
 (A) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (45) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration: Level 10

Level 18:    Smoke Flash    

Level 20:    Distortion Field    
 (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold: Level 27
 (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 10

Level 22:    Time Stop    
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27

Level 24:    Maneuvers    
 (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (36) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 26:    Oni    
 (A) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (27) Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (29) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Edict of the Master - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus: Level 15

Level 28:    Farsight    
 (A) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
 (31) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 30:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 32:    Kuji In Zen    

Level 35:    Slowed Response    
 (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (36) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 10

Level 38:    Chrono Shift    
 (39) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50

Level 41:    Assault    

Level 44:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 47:    Scorpion Shield    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 49:    Power Boost    

Spoiler

Level 1:    Brawl    

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 1:    Supremacy    
Level 2:    Rest    

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20
 (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50
 (5) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

Level 0:    Born In Battle    
Level 0:    High Pain Threshold    
Level 0:    Marshal    
Level 0:    Invader

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

10.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
10.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
10.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
10.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
10.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
10.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
10.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
10.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
10% Defense
1.25% Defense(Smashing)
1.25% Defense(Lethal)
1.25% Defense(Fire)
1.25% Defense(Cold)
6.25% Defense(Energy)
6.25% Defense(Negative)
2.5% Defense(Melee)
5% Defense(Ranged)
12.5% Defense(AoE)
5.85% Max End
100% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
4% Enhancement(Heal)
3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
27% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
78.31 HP (9.75%) HitPoints
27% JumpHeight
27% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 23.75%
MezResist(Held) 23.75%
MezResist(Immobilized) 23.75%
MezResist(Sleep) 23.75%
MezResist(Stunned) 23.75%
MezResist(Terrorized) 23.75%
9% (0.15 End/sec) Recovery
132% (4.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
13.75% Resistance(Smashing)
13.75% Resistance(Lethal)
16.75% Resistance(Fire)
16.75% Resistance(Cold)
13.75% Resistance(Energy)
13.75% Resistance(Negative)
10% Resistance(Toxic)
10% Resistance(Psionic)
27% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Genin)
  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Overwhelming Force
(Call Genin)
  12% (0.4 HP/sec) Regeneration

Call to Arms
(Call Genin)
  5% Defense

Decimation
(Snap Shot)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  9.04 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  2.25% Max End

Preventive Medicine
(Temporal Mending)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  15.06 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  3.75% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Entropic Chaos
(Aimed Shot)
  10% (0.33 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  2.25% Max End

Annihilation
(Fistful of Arrows)
  1.35% Max End
  2.25% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

Command of the Mastermind
(Call Jounin)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  10% Defense(AoE)

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Jounin)
  10% Resistance(All), 100% (3.35 HP/sec) Regeneration

Dark Watcher's Despair
(Time's Juncture)
  12.05 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Regenerative Tissue
(Temporal Selection)
  6% SpeedJumping, 6% JumpHeight, 6% SpeedFlying, 6% SpeedRunning
  4% Enhancement(Heal)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Distortion Field)
  2.5% Defense(Energy,Negative), 1.25% Defense(Ranged)
  2% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery

Basilisk's Gaze
(Time Stop)

Red Fortune
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Maneuvers)

(Oni)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Mark of Supremacy
(Oni)

Edict of the Master
(Oni)
  5% Defense

Luck of the Gambler
(Farsight)

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Luck of the Gambler
(Scorpion Shield)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

•    1 * ((2 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1.188) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 4.40%)

Entropic Chaos (3 PPM … minimum chance = 9.50%)
    •    3 * ((4 / ( 1 + 43.03 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 19.92%

Winter's Bite (4 PPM … minimum chance = 11.00%)
    •    4 * ((4 / ( 1 + 43.03 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 26.56%

•    3 * ((8 / ( 1 + 14.74 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 22.17% per $Target hit by Fistful of Arrows

•    3.5 * ((60 / ( 1 + 31.59 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 85.87% per $Target

•    3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 21.20 / 100 )) + 2.508) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (pre-maximum 117.45%) per $Target

•    3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.03% per $Target every 10s

•    3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95% per $Target every 10s, duration 45s

•    1 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 2.43%) per Teammate and Ninja Pet every 10 sec

Gaussian' Synchronized Fire Control chance to proc based on quantity of Pets and Teammates.
Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds (solo Mastermind with 6 Ninjas)
"Team-14" (1 Mastermind + 6 Pets + 7 other Teammates): 1 - (1 - 0.065)^14 = 61.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Edited by Redlynne
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Alright.

Bindloadfiles for controlling (my, specifically) Ninja Mastermind Pets.

But first ... I need to explain a few more things.

I know ... this is my shocked face.

So, first of all, I need to explain what my keyboard and mouse setup is, simply so as to make the ergonomics of my user interface is like.

I use a (wired) full keyboard Apple Keyboard (I'm a Mac user) ... and I use a dirt cheap wired Logitech M100 mouse.  These items look like this:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now, as for the keys on the keyboard I actually wind up using most/all of the time ... it's these:

spacer.png

• The ESC through F1-F12 keys get used.
  • The Tilde through Backspace keys get used.
  • TAB is rarely (if ever) used, but it does happen occasionally.
  • Q and A are usually used for "throttle" functions in games, but I use them here for things like Auto Run/Walk and cancelling power queuing on the Q key (with modifiers for the extra functions) and doing the Ninja Run, Power Surge/Sprint toggling on the A key (with modifiers to differentiate) via slotting of those powers in specific slots in tray 9.
  • WER SDF are my movement keys, and I "invert the T" so as to put side to side strafing movement on top, with turning down below.
  • Backspace is used to return tells.
  • Backslash is used to open the Menu (so as to change costumes, check ID or simply Quit).
  • The Return key I have custom coded to require Shift+Enter to startchat, so as to prevent "rolling startchat" after hitting Enter to actually send a chat.
  • The Semicolon key I have custom bound to toggle open the Auction House.
  • M is simply there to toggle my Mission window from the keyboard. Shift+M opens the Contacts window, and Ctrl+M is used to toggle back to the "map" window.
  • Spacebar is, of course, Jump and "fly up" ... while Shift+Spacebar is used to "fly down" when needed ... and Control+Spacebar activates the Jump Pack via keybind to a specific slot in tray 9.

Which then brings me to all of the Mastermind (and as it turns out, Kheldian too) keybinds for controlling Mastermind Pets.

• The T, Y and U keys are for all of the Tier 1 Pets.
  • The G and H keys are for all the Tier 2 Pets.
  • The B key is for all three Tiers of Pets ... but when doing Shift+B I can address the Tier 3 Pet individually.
  • Likewise, Shift+ T through U addresses the Tier 1 Pets as individuals.
  • And Shift+ G or H addresses the Tier 2 Pets as individuals.
  • Z, X and C are used for Attack, Goto and Follow.
  • Shift+ Z, X and C are used for Aggressive, Passive, Defensive.
  • V gets used invoking the Level 18 primary power (in this case, Smoke Flash), and gets "reassigned" depending on which set of Pets I'm currently commanding.
  • Control+X is used to Dismiss the Pets I'm currently commanding.

Control+ T, Y, U, G, H or B allows me to select that specific Pet as my current $Target, allowing me to target and train/buff my Pets from keyboard alone.

Alt+ T, Y, U, G, H, V or B allows me to issue Inspirations to a Pet if I've got them loaded as the Pet I'm currently commanding. This disables when commanding more than 1 Pet at a time.  Needless to say, this can come in very handy, but requires a good deal of practice/self-training to "get down" and loaded into muscle memory.

spacer.png

So from here, an important starting point is going to be my "basic" default keybind set that I use whenever I reset and/or update the keybinds on ANY of my alts.  I use this keybind file as my goto so as to simply go into the Menu > Options and go to the Keybinds tab and hit the Reset Keybinds key on the left in the window, to reload the factory defaults.  I then simply click the Load Default Keybinds key on the right to pull my keybinds.txt file in and load it onto my alt.  This then gives me a common basic setup to use for ALL of the characters I play ... and then I can use individual bindloadfiles for each character to "personalize" their necessary keybinds for their archetype and so on.

So this is my default keybind file used for all alts.  It's got a lot of extra functions built into it.

Oh and incidentally, I use all 9 power trays in the bottom right of my screen, keeping them all open and visible at all times.

keybinds.txt

Spoiler

1 "powexectray 1 2"
2 "powexectray 2 2"
3 "powexectray 3 2"
4 "powexectray 4 2"
5 "powexectray 5 2"
6 "powexectray 6 2"
7 "powexectray 7 2"
8 "powexectray 8 2"
9 "powexectray 9 2"
0 "powexectray 10 2"
F1 "powexectray 1 3"
F2 "powexectray 2 3"
F3 "powexectray 3 3"
F4 "powexectray 4 3"
F5 "powexectray 5 3"
F6 "powexectray 6 3"
F7 "powexectray 7 3"
F8 "powexectray 8 3"
F9 "powexectray 9 3"
F10 "powexectray 10 3"
shift+1 "powexectray 1 4"
shift+2 "powexectray 2 4"
shift+3 "powexectray 3 4"
shift+4 "powexectray 4 4"
shift+5 "powexectray 5 4"
shift+6 "powexectray 6 4"
shift+7 "powexectray 7 4"
shift+8 "powexectray 8 4"
shift+9 "powexectray 9 4"
shift+0 "powexectray 10 4"
shift+F1 "powexectray 1 5"
shift+F2 "powexectray 2 5"
shift+F3 "powexectray 3 5"
shift+F4 "powexectray 4 5"
shift+F5 "powexectray 5 5"
shift+F6 "powexectray 6 5"
shift+F7 "powexectray 7 5"
shift+F8 "powexectray 8 5"
shift+F9 "powexectray 9 5"
shift+F10 "powexectray 10 5"
ctrl+1 "powexectray 1 6"
ctrl+2 "powexectray 2 6"
ctrl+3 "powexectray 3 6"
ctrl+4 "powexectray 4 6"
ctrl+5 "powexectray 5 6"
ctrl+6 "powexectray 6 6"
ctrl+7 "powexectray 7 6"
ctrl+8 "powexectray 8 6"
ctrl+9 "powexectray 9 6"
ctrl+0 "powexectray 10 6"
ctrl+F1 "powexectray 1 7"
ctrl+F2 "powexectray 2 7"
ctrl+F3 "powexectray 3 7"
ctrl+F4 "powexectray 4 7"
ctrl+F5 "powexectray 5 7"
ctrl+F6 "powexectray 6 7"
ctrl+F7 "powexectray 7 7"
ctrl+F8 "powexectray 8 7"
ctrl+F9 "powexectray 9 7"
ctrl+F10 "powexectray 10 7"
alt+1 "powexectray 1 8"
alt+2 "powexectray 2 8"
alt+3 "powexectray 3 8"
alt+4 "powexectray 4 8"
alt+5 "powexectray 5 8"
alt+6 "powexectray 6 8"
alt+7 "powexectray 7 8"
alt+8 "powexectray 8 8"
alt+9 "powexectray 9 8"
alt+0 "powexectray 10 8"
alt+F1 "powexectray 1 9"
alt+F2 "powexectray 2 9"
alt+F3 "powexectray 3 9"
alt+F4 "powexectray 4 9"
alt+F5 "powexectray 5 9"
alt+F6 "powexectray 6 9"
alt+F7 "powexectray 7 9"
alt+F8 "powexectray 8 9"
alt+F9 "powexectray 9 9"
alt+F10 "powexectray 10 9"
shift+ctrl+1 "inspexec_slot 1"
shift+ctrl+2 "inspexec_slot 2"
shift+ctrl+3 "inspexec_slot 3"
shift+ctrl+4 "inspexec_slot 4"
shift+ctrl+5 "inspexec_slot 5"
shift+ctrl "nop"
F11 say "Ready!$$emote thumbsup"
F12 say "$battlecry$$emote attack"
shift+F11 say "HELP!$$emote whistle"
shift+F12 say "RUN!"
lalt "nop"
w "+left"
e "+forward"
r "+right"
s "+turnleft"
d "+backward"
f "+turnright"
up "nop"
space "+up"
shift+space "+down"
ctrl+space "powexectray 5 9"
q "powexec_abort"
shift+q "++autorun"
ctrl+q "powexectray 10 9"
a "powexectray 6 9"
shift+a "powexectray 7 9"
ctrl+a "powexectray 8 9"
alt+a "powexectray 9 9"
tilde "targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper"
shift+tilde "targetcustomnext enemy defeated"
ctrl+tilde "follow"
' "nop"
- "nop"
alt+- "nop"
/ "nop"
\ "menu"
b "nop"
backspace "afk Sending tell…$$autoreply"
c "nop"
comma "nop"
shift+comma "show chat$$beginchat /tell $target, "
delete "++first"
down "powexecname Hover"
end "+zoomout"
enter "nop"
shift+enter "afk Typing…$$startchat"
ctrl+enter "em point$$say $target sighted."
equals "nop"
alt+equals "nop"
esc "unselect"
h "nop"
home "+zoomin"
nop "+lookup"
lctrl+lalt "+camrotate"
lcontrol "nop"
lctrl "nop"
left "nop"
leftarrow "nop"
; "em text$$ah"
m "em text$$windowtoggle mission"
shift+m "em smartphone$$windowtoggle contacts"
ctrl+m "em research$$map"
mbutton "nop"
mousechord "nop"
mousewheel "nop"
n "nop"
p "powers"
pagedown "sync$$reloadgfx$$camreset$$camdist 24"
pageup "nop"
ralt "nop"
rbutton "+mouse_look"
right "nop"
rightarrow "nop"
sysrq "nop"
shift+[ "screenshot"
t "nop"
tab "target_enemy_next"
ctrl+tab "nop"
shift+tab "target_enemy_prev"v "nop"
ctrl+v "nop"
x "nop"
z "nop"

Note that this default keybind set assigns the 1-0 keybinds to power tray 2 ... not 1 ... and that the F1-F10 keys are assigned to power tray 3 ... not 2.

This is because I use power tray 1 for "extra unlocked powers" on alts like Kheldian Form powers and the extra ammo types unlocked by Swap Ammo in Dual Pistols.

Shift+ 1-0 is bound to power tray 4.

Shift+ F1-F10 is bound to power tray 5.

Control+ 1-0 is bound to power tray 6.

Control+ F1-F10 is bound to power tray 7

Alt+ 1-0 is bound to power tray 8.

Alt+ F1-F10 is bound to power tray 9 ... although I tend to load this tray with powers I'm in the habit of clicking with the mouse rather than using keybinds to address (due to the Alt+F4 combo being in here).

This whole keybind regime lets me use a "common muscle memory language" for all of my alts such that I can put powers into similar places on different alts and not have to entirely "relearn" my whole keybinding scheme from scratch every time I start playing a new character.  Everything "goes" to reasonably common places.

Additionally, the binds used for the power trays point to the Slot In Tray to activate the power in that particular slot on that specific tray.  This lets me reshuffle the powers in my trays without needing to completely rewrite all of my keybinds every time I need to move a power to a different slot in a different (or the same) power tray.  The powers just happen to be in the slots and trays that make it easy for me to invoke them via keyboard binds, rather than needing to click on them using the mouse.

From this foundation, I then load in my bindloadfile(s) for each alt.

For my Mastermind ... that means loading a "master" Ninja control file that uses "reserved" keys that don't get overwritten by sub-options in the various sub-files.  In my case, that is the Ninja.txt file which then controls which groups of Pets and/or individual Pets I'm wanting to address at any given time.

Ninja.txt

Spoiler

t bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaGenin.txt"
shift+t bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaRoku.txt"
ctrl+t "petselectname Roku"
y bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaGenin.txt"
shift+y bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaNana.txt"
ctrl+y "petselectname Nana"
u bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaGenin.txt"
shift+u bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaHachi.txt"
ctrl+u "petselectname Hachi"
g bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaJounin.txt"
shift+g bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaShi.txt"
ctrl+g "petselectname Shi"
h bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaJounin.txt"
shift+h bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaItsutsu.txt"
ctrl+h "petselectname Itsutsu"
b bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaAll.txt"
shift+b bindloadfile "./binds/NinjaOni.txt"
ctrl+b "petselectname San"

For whatever reason, my game client simply WILL NOT accept any additional commands being appended onto a bindloadfile command.  This means I can't do something like load a bind file AND execute a power function (toggle on, toggle off, execute, etc.) within the same keybind.  It just doesn't work for me.  For this reason, I have needed to get as bare bones basic as possible with my keybinds so as to ensure that my keybinds actually WORK on my game client ... rather than FAIL spectacularly and utterly refuse to work (or even load properly, as it turns out).

spacer.png

In my case, I named my Ninjas ... numbers (in Japanese) ... even my Mastermind.

• Ku no Ichi (九の一) means literally "1 of 9" for my Mastermind ... but written as KunoIchi (くノ一), which sounds EXACTLY THE SAME to the ear, it literally means "Female Ninja" while also being the stroke order for the kanji used to write woman (女).  So yeah, multi-level linguistic pun in this context.

spacer.png

• San (三) is the number 3 ... is my Oni ... uses the B key.  The pun here being this makes him Oni-San ... for those who like their onii-san jokes.
  • Shi (四) is the number 4 ... is my Jounin 1 ... uses the G key.
  • Itsutsu (五) is the number 5 ... is my Jounin 2 ... uses the H key.
  • Roku (六) is the number 6 ... is my Genin 1 ... uses the T key.
  • Nana (七) is the number 7 ... is my Genin 2 ... uses the Y key.
  • Hachi (八) is the number 8 ... is my Genin 3 ... uses the U key.

As for what happened to number 2 ... Ni (二) ... I deliberately leave that number (and pun potential) "unused" so it can mean anything anyone wants it to.  Ninjas are just mysterious that way, you know?

So that's how I named my Ninjas.  I've explained it this way so that anyone who is (still) reading at this point will be able to easily identify what they need to do a Find/Replace on when converting my bindloadfiles for their own use, either as other Ninja Masterminds (easy) or as other primary type Masterminds (a little bit more involved, but doable with some extra effort).

Also, just as an extra aside, I incorporated emotes that my Mastermind will "perform" whenever issuing any commands to my Ninjas.

If you're adapting my bindloadfiles to other Mastermind primary powersets, you may want to edit which commands incorporate which emotes, and to do so you'll want to do a simple Find/Replace All with the desired replacement emote in all of the bindloadfiles you're using for your own command set.  I picked these emotes because they're thematic to a Ninja Mastermind, but feel free to get creative on your own if you want something else.

So these are the requisite bindloadfiles called for by the "master" bindloadfile of Ninja.txt above (there are 9 of them).

NinjaAll.txt

Spoiler

z "petcomall attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcomall aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcomall goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcomall passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcomall dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcomall follow$$em fireworkbloom"
shift+c "petcomall defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Hachi$$petselectname Nana$$petselectname Roku$$petselectname Itsusu$$petselectname Shi$$petselectname San$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "nop"
alt+y "nop"
alt+u "nop"
alt+g "nop"
alt+h "nop"
alt+v "nop"
alt+b "nop"

NinjaGenin.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Genin attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Genin aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Genin goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Genin passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Genin dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Genin follow$$em fireworkbloom"
shift+c "petcompow Genin defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Hachi$$petselectname Nana$$petselectname Roku$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "nop"
alt+y "nop"
alt+u "nop"
alt+g "nop"
alt+h "nop"
alt+v "nop"
alt+b "nop"

NinjaJounin.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Jounin attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Jounin aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Jounin goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Jounin passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Jounin dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Jounin follow$$em fireworkbloom"
shift+c "petcompow Jounin defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Itsusu$$petselectname Shi$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "nop"
alt+y "nop"
alt+u "nop"
alt+g "nop"
alt+h "nop"
alt+v "nop"
alt+b "nop"

NinjaOni.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Oni attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Oni aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Oni goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Oni passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Oni dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Oni follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Oni defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname San$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Fight$$em alakazam"
alt+g "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname San$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

NinjaShi.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Shi attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Shi aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Shi goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Shi passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Shi dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Shi follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Shi defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Shi$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Fight$$em alakazam"
alt+g "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname Shi$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

NinjaItsutsu.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Itsutsu attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Itsutsu aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Itsutsu goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Itsutsu passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Itsutsu dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Itsutsu follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Itsutsu defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Itsusu$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Fight$$em alakazam"
alt+g "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname Itsutsu$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

NinjaRoku.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Roku attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Roku aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Roku goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Roku passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Roku dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Roku follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Roku defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Roku$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Figh$$em alakazamt"
alt+g "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname Roku$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

NinjaNana.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Nana attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Nana aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Nana goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Nana passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Nana dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Nana follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Nana defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Nana$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Fight$$em alakazam"
alt+g "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname Nana$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

NinjaHachi.txt

Spoiler

z "petcompow Hachi attack$$em slash"
shift+z "petcompow Hachi aggressive$$em bringit"
x "petcompow Hachi goto$$em point"
shift+x "petcompow Hachi passive$$em stop"
ctrl+x "petcompow Hachi dismiss$$em buzzoff"
c "petcompow Hachi follow$$em fireworksparkle"
shift+c "petcompow Hachi defensive$$em flip"
+v "petselectname Hachi$$powexecname Temporal Selection$$powexecname Smoke Flash"
alt+t "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Break Free$$inspexecpettarget Emerge$$inspexecpettarget Escape$$inspexecpettarget Liberate$$em alakazam"
alt+y "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Insight$$inspexecpettarget Keen Insight$$inspexecpettarget Uncanny Insight$$inspexecpettarget Sight Beyond Sight$$em alakazam"
alt+u "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Enrage$$inspexecpettarget Focused Rage$$inspexecpettarget Righteous Rage$$inspexecpettarget Furious Rage$$em alakazam"
alt+h "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Catch a Breath$$inspexecpettarget Take a Breather$$inspexecpettarget Second Wind$$inspexecpettarget Back in the Fight$$em alakazam"
alt+g "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Respite$$inspexecpettarget Dramatic Improvement$$inspexecpettarget Resurgence$$em alakazam"
alt+v "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Luck$$inspexecpettarget Good Luck$$inspexecpettarget Phenomenal Luck$$inspexecpettarget Amazing Luck$$em alakazam"
alt+b "petselectname Hachi$$inspexecpettarget Sturdy$$inspexecpettarget Rugged$$inspexecpettarget Robust$$inspexecpettarget Resistant$$em alakazam"

Now ... if you're still reading this, there's a few things I wanted to point out as little bits of clever conveniences built into these bindloadfiles, and how they inter(re)act with the ergonomics of the keyboard setup I'm using.

spacer.png

So the first thing I've got is that if I've got the All, Genin or Jounin files loaded/active, because those files all address multiple Pets simultaneously, it's simply not possible to use a keybind to issue an inspiration to a specific Pet, because you need to have a $Target chosen to sent the inspiration to THAT specific Pet.  This is why I've got the Alt+(T-U, G-H and V-B) keys doing this work of selecting the Pet and issuing the "largest" inspiration of that type available to that individual Pet automatically for me.  All I need to do is use the Shift+(T-U, G-H or B) key combination FIRST to pick the Pet I want to send the inspiration to ... and then use the Alt+(T-U, G-H and V-B) to send the right inspiration TYPE to that Pet.

Alt+T = Break Free

Alt+Y = Accuracy

Alt+U = Damage

Alt+G = Endurance

Alt+H = Heal

Alt+V = Defense

Alt+B = Resistance

I set things up this way so that it's at least easier to remember "what goes where" by grouping categories together as a mnemonic aid.

Break Free / Accuracy / Damage

Endurance / Heal

Defense / Resistance

Another thing that some people may notice about my bindloadfiles is ... what's going on with that +v key in there?

Well, that's a trick stolen from the Kheldian keybinds.

By setting up +v the way I did here, it's going to try to activate Smoke Flash on the down press of the V key, and then when you release the V key (if you don't let go of it "too fast" it will queue up Temporal Selection to activate next ... all with a single keystroke.

The idea here is that in a lot of situations (not all, granted, but a lot of them) I'd want to be using Smoke Flash as either an opener for a Pet about to take an alpha strike for me ... or because that Pet is in trouble and their green bar is dropping fast and something needs to be done to save them.  The Smoke Flash will Placate nearby $Targets and enable a critical hit on their next few attacks (for 10s) by a Ninja Pet, but I'm thinking that if I need to "rescue" them from too much aggro like that, they're almost certainly going to need more healing if I'm using Smoke Flash as an "Oh S***!" button.  What the +v keybinding does for me then is allow me to cause Smoke Flash AND Temporal Selection to be used on the same Pet with "one" keystroke ... assuming I've got that specific Pet's bindloadfile active so as to issue the keybind combo to THAT specific Pet.

Another thing that I'm sure anyone else playing with these keybinds will notice is ... I've built in emotes for my Mastermind to "do" while directing traffic around the battlefield.  I've even got a Firework emote for telling my Ninjas to "heel" and follow me, so as to "signal" them from afar, if need be, on where the rally point is supposed to be.

Telling my Ninjas to attack involves a throat slashing emote from my Mastermind.

It took me a while to figure out what emotes I wanted to associate with what commands, but I eventually got it all worked out and tested (that took a long time!).

At any rate, I hope that this (updated) Mastermind Control Scheme of mine winds up being useful to other people besides myself, particularly since I've gotten a few PMs from people asking me for an update on the current state of play of my bindloadfiles for my Mastermind.  Well ... here they are.

Enjoy.

Edited by Redlynne
Update to master keybinds.txt and Ninja.txt bindloadfiles

IifneyR.gif

Okay, so here's the "push everything to Purple 50" variant of the build, so you can see what happens when you push everything as far as you can.

|MxDz;1529;741;1482;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F135114C7EFCCDC822D85B694F22CA5E50D2D431B40139F89688C861|
|24C15881B3229838CA1D3A68544967E0037BA40A34B9F0B8D4F20B832F1B93546C0|
|074637888AFA0DF070CF11C67492C9EFF69C7B1EF77FE6367EF690F3EE91730798E|
|4EE9DD072B991B8969BD4B329C31CB5C5B5D3465261F014C25BB9ED19494CA55269|
|53ED37CC335A2E64711C9C1A1B534F18291DF29846666A429B34D2A6E7A839AE677|
|57352FDB7700DA4D3136A9FAE8DEAD9DCB8917188DF898CAE8F3A7199CE26F5ECF4|
|7F3FFC87334652B5548B6B499D1A9EAE8416DBE0BD6F63F46CD8D820672CC6993C4|
|C5C81D35473C6BF200BBECA8CD939EBEC95857FD1B7150B7E40CCCEEE413E096D5C|
|9A61187709B9E332F10AB2FCEAA64E9C2D411E45C21E946F58CBB146FC8EACFC41F|
|C890CAE231F423D1BF5600B610F0F6C3882CD7C851DD86B8B4AEC44B6458931E21D|
|3CF32388B553ACBD4B16F922DDB827D283ECD849DC455C855EBC9C3D86D8228A2D7|
|AA6089FF339F115B2E435B19F8BFEDD09E43268508C1AF0E25959D84AE79065F3C4|
|0564F913601967EF21C64531AEDD92F0B5EF21EE25EE4346F64B6276B3D0A387F4F|
|2905E1F208F176D8AF72DD6685844362E119771F61F61AF8FF6FA686FE33B6433C5|
|B4508C0786504173AD70601FC12264A898584274211B7C92F826E6A0CF2AD2B2EA0|
|56A56FD12E93F89B3F20F2103ABF83D05D680259C7D82066BB0AE5CD30328505880|
|18A4FCF5D05B2DEE61B561D4611E6AD6913675A4CD0AE4AA479B54FF06E7DDF014B|
|5F80CBE26AAD3247214B0E6F3B8A7F922B214EAB4529D56CAE9055B98CE16BE865A|
|755E27DE40C66E126F116FE3CCE7410295F2A974965F4EC6A2648BD259FC3CFF6EB|
|65B6D1BF0B0689E259667E9CAB3745B2D1D98BBCF6AB3CB620EF16DDBC600DFFA5F|
|6012F56877C3BD27FFBA03FC74068972FEDEB6C95248119ABB8F49E2AE550F026BE|
|1ECD6B8568CFB638D0BA28D5FA03B35833A1E776C4E146B0F59D6A72CEB61CBFA2F|
|8054ECF8|

Villain Profile:

Spoiler

(A) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (3) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (5) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 27

(A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

(25) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (25) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (33) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 27

(A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

(A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (40) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (40) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (42) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (42) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative): Level 50
 (42) Superior Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge: Level 50

(A) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (45) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (46) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (46) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown: Level 50
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

(A) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (13) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (13) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (15) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 50

(19) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (21) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance: Level 27
 (23) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 21

(A) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (45) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration: Level 10

(36) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 10

(37) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27

(33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (36) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

(A) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (27) Superior Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (29) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
 (29) Superior Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50

(A) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)
 (31) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)
 (33) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

(A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+2
 (39) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50

(48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 25

Spoiler

(A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

(A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50+5

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

18.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
18.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
18.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
18.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
18.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
18.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
18.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
18.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
10% Defense
1.25% Defense(Smashing)
1.25% Defense(Lethal)
1.25% Defense(Fire)
1.25% Defense(Cold)
6.25% Defense(Energy)
6.25% Defense(Negative)
2.5% Defense(Melee)
5% Defense(Ranged)
17.5% Defense(AoE)
2.25% Max End
4% Enhancement(Heal)
15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
123.8% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
27% SpeedFlying
111.4 HP (13.88%) HitPoints
27% JumpHeight
27% SpeedJumping
MezResist(Confused) 26.25%
MezResist(Held) 26.25%
MezResist(Immobilized) 26.25%
MezResist(Sleep) 26.25%
MezResist(Stunned) 26.25%
MezResist(Terrorized) 26.25%
13% (0.22 End/sec) Recovery
128% (4.28 HP/sec) Regeneration
13.75% Resistance(Smashing)
13.75% Resistance(Lethal)
20.5% Resistance(Fire)
20.5% Resistance(Cold)
11.5% Resistance(Energy)
11.5% Resistance(Negative)
10% Resistance(Toxic)
10% Resistance(Psionic)
27% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Superior Mark of Supremacy
(Call Genin)
  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Overwhelming Force
(Call Genin)

Call to Arms
(Call Genin)
  5% Defense

Decimation
(Snap Shot)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2.25% Max End

Preventive Medicine
(Temporal Mending)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Apocalypse
(Aimed Shot)
  16% (0.54 HP/sec) Regeneration
  24.1 HP (3%) HitPoints
  4% DamageBuff(All)

Ragnarok
(Fistful of Arrows)
  4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
  15% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Superior Command of the Mastermind
(Call Jounin)
  4% DamageBuff(All)
  24.1 HP (3%) HitPoints
  15% Defense(AoE)

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Jounin)

Dark Watcher's Despair
(Time's Juncture)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Regenerative Tissue
(Temporal Selection)
  4% Enhancement(Heal)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Distortion Field)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Time Stop)

Red Fortune
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Maneuvers)

Superior Command of the Mastermind
(Oni)
  4% DamageBuff(All)

Superior Mark of Supremacy
(Oni)

Edict of the Master
(Oni)
  5% Defense

Luck of the Gambler
(Farsight)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Luck of the Gambler
(Scorpion Shield)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

•    1 * ((2 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1.188) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 4.40%)
Apocalypse (4.5 PPM … minimum chance = 11.75%)
    •    4.5 * ((4 / ( 1 + 97.39 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 24.11%
Superior Winter's Bite (5 PPM … minimum chance = 12.50%)
    •    5 * ((4 / ( 1 + 97.39 / 100 )) + 1.118) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 26.79%
Ragnarok (3.5 PPM … minimum chance = 9.50%)
    •    3.5 * ((8 / ( 1 + 95.15 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 16.49% per $Target hit by Fistful of Arrows
    •    3 * ((8 / ( 1 + 95.15 / 100 )) + 1.32) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 14.14% per $Target hit by Fistful of Arrows
    •    3.5 * ((60 / ( 1 + 31.59 / 100 )) + 2.244) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 85.87% per $Target
    •    3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 21.20 / 100 )) + 2.508) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (pre-maximum 117.45%) per $Target

•    3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.03% per $Target every 10s

•    3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95% per $Target every 10s, duration 45s
    •    1 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.50% (pre-minimum 2.43%) per Teammate and Ninja Pet every 10 sec

Cross comparison of non-Purple 50 with Purple 50 enhancement slotting:

Spoiler

The only differences are the slotting in ...

Aimed Shot (Entropic Chaos+Winter's Bite vs Apocalypse+Superior Winter's Bite)

• Entropic Chaos: 19.92%
    Winter's Bite: 26.56%
  • Apocalypse: 24.11%
    Superior Winter's Bite: 26.79%

Fistful of Arrows (Annihilation vs Ragnarok+Annihilation)

• Annihilation: 22.17%
  • Ragnarok: 16.49%
    Annihilation: 14.14

All other proc chances are unaffected by switch from non-Purple 50 to Purple 50 enhancement slotting.

Note that 5-slotting Ragnarok into Fistful of Arrows while keeping the Annihilation proc removes any Range enhancement to Fistful of Arrows.

So on balance ...

Aimed Shot gains on proc chances (+4.19% to Apocalypse over Entropic Chaos, +0.23% Superior Winter's Bite over Winter's Bite)

Fistful of Arrows lowers proc chance (-8.03% to Annihilation) while adding another proc into the mix (16.49% for Ragnarok to Knockdown).

At the same time, the gain in recharge reduction does not usefully benefit Snap Shot, Aimed Shot or Fistful of Arrows ... since it will not sufficiently accelerate an attack chain except while Exemplar below Level 25 (which would make both Hasten and Chrono Shift unavailable).  So it would seem to be something of a mixed result for swapping to Purple 50 sets for these Ranged and Target AoE sets.

The performance gain for use of Superior ATOs in Pet powers, however, is barely undisputed.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

On 8/16/2019 at 1:18 PM, SmalltalkJava said:

Pretty scary build.    That is all I have to really say.    Pretty damn scary.  

Reveal hidden contents

:classic_ninja:

It's not often that I manage to SCARE MYSELF with one of my own builds ... but this one came pretty darn close to it.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Redlynne said:

"There is madness to our methods, YEEESSSSSSSS …"   spacer.png

I figure the reason why I haven't gotten more comments on this build this past week is simply due to the INFORMATION DENSITY involved in being able to completely grasp just how much ... leverage ... I was able to obtain out of the personal attacks and the Build Up procs from the Decimation set in Snap Shot and the Gaussian's set in Tactics.  Those two things ALONE ought to scare anyone with their potential.  It makes me think that this sort of thing might be WHY the Cryptic and later Paragon Studios devs chose the balance point that they did for Masterminds on their personal attacks simply because of the (hidden?) potential that lay within them for exactly what I've detailed here.

But yeah, when I say WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!! ... I totally meant it.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Redlynne said:

spacer.png

You can have three guesses who's going to win. The first two don't count.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

It makes me think that this sort of thing might be WHY the Cryptic and later Paragon Studios devs chose the balance point that they did for Masterminds on their personal attacks simply because of the (hidden?) potential that lay within them for exactly what I've detailed here.

I agree.   When you take in to account that the henchmen are at their most simple function, nothing but fire and forget damage over time attacks.   Unless they die, they cost literally no endurance, and in their simplest usage require no time to manage.    They are free damage and free resistance to all damage types.  When a class has that much free damage, the actual attacks that MM's can use must be limited in some scope.   Either by high endurance cost, low dpa, or combination of both.   

I still have a lot of digging into your build that I need to do, however, every time I re-read your build post I glean something new.  What impresses me is the synergy that you appear to have achieved between the henchmen and the MM personal attacks.  You have created a build that uses one to compliment the other.

I like the explanation of recharge debuffing. It's always easy to remember that recharge buffing has diminishing returns, but recharge debuffing is the opposite (like resistance and defense buffing). Although you still have to take the full alpha strike, at least that is the only strike.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

The fact that the recharge floor is 10% always blows my mind. That's literally a 10x increase in recharge times, and all you need is -90% recharge debuff to get there, unless they have resistance. Time can do it trivially, and even moreso when you fill it up with Dark Watcher, Basilisk's Gaze, and Pacing of the Turtle procs, which can't be resisted.

It's part of why I love my Bots/Time/Mace so much.

8 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I agree.   When you take in to account that the henchmen are at their most simple function, nothing but fire and forget damage over time attacks.   Unless they die, they cost literally no endurance, and in their simplest usage require no time to manage.    They are free damage and free resistance to all damage types.  When a class has that much free damage, the actual attacks that MM's can use must be limited in some scope.   Either by high endurance cost, low dpa, or combination of both.

Exactly.  Every other Archetype needs to expend endurance to inflict damage.  Masterminds are the only Archetype that pay a one time cost (summoning and upgrading) to deliver damage at zero endurance cost for as long as the summoned Pets survive.  Furthermore, the summoned Pets functionally deliver 2/3rds of the Mastermind's damage potential in the primary powerset, while the remaining 3 personal powers make up the other 1/3rd of a Mastermind's offensive potential so as to bring Masterminds to "relative parity" with other Archetypes on endurance cost per damage delivered onto target.  My understanding is that the balance point for this cross-comparison is RELATIVELY approximate between Archetypes, but then Players mucked everything up by eschewing the personal attacks (usually) and just relying on their summoned Pets for most (if not all) of their damage production, "foiling" that assumption made by the original devs, and thereby establishing a new conventional wisdom Game Meta to judge everything by.

Players are wascally bahstids that way.

8 hours ago, SmalltalkJava said:

I still have a lot of digging into your build that I need to do, however, every time I re-read your build post I glean something new.  What impresses me is the synergy that you appear to have achieved between the henchmen and the MM personal attacks.  You have created a build that uses one to compliment the other.

And that's what I think is the REAL discovery of all of this research that's been done on PPM procs and how to make use of and apply that research in specific build scenarios in order to both optimize the returns on investment unique to each power chosen ... but then go +1 Level beyond even that to reach for synergies between powers in ways that holistically modify and transform an entire build so as to change how the entire structure works together advantageously.

And yeah ... it's hardly surprising that THAT level of Meta (and even Meta-meta!) Gaming can get REALLY complex in a really big hurry, as layers upon layers upon layers stack up onto themselves, yielding an array of permutations of possibilities that begin to stagger the imagination (and sometimes, even credulity).  It's not just the parts and pieces that need to be understood individually in isolation, but also the ... "systems integration" ... of assembling them together in this configuration and then USING them as mutually reinforcing methods of reaching for a larger goal/purpose than any one component piece can achieve all by itself in isolation.  It's the integration of elements that makes the sum far greater than the constituent parts ... and THAT is an extremely complicated thing to realize/implement/visualize/understand ... and even harder to attempt to convey in as few words as possible with little to no explanation for what is happening (let alone why).

Suffice it to say, if I just posted the build alone, without any of the (verbose) explanation preceding it describing the interactions that are possible, and the stacking effects of those interactions, I'm quite sure that pretty much almost everyone (myself included perhaps) would have "missed the forest for the trees" so to speak with this build.  So there is absolutely no shame to be had at all in realizing that there is FAR MORE going on here than it would at first appear, and that it will take repeated readings and gleanings and insight in order to get the FULL import of everything I've managed to accomplish here.  The information and knowledge ... density ... required to holistically understand the entirety of the build in aggregate and as integrated here is simply staggering.  Even *I* was ... humbled ... by how complex it all turned out to be, just to try and explain it all in ways that would be accessible to the mildly interested Player.

So yeah ... layers upon layers upon layers of meaning and synergy, and a LOT of how you achieve that is dependent upon Player Skill in the use of the tools available to you, rather than simply being a matter of Plug 'n' Play where you respec and go on your way with everything being intuitively obvious and simple from the get go.

Masterminds are ... complicated ... and I think that this is my most complex and tightly integrated build I've ever made.  No shame on you (or anyone) for not being able to grasp EVERYTHING involved on a first (or second or third or fourth or even fifth) reading.

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

I like the explanation of recharge debuffing. It's always easy to remember that recharge buffing has diminishing returns, but recharge debuffing is the opposite (like resistance and defense buffing).

There are also relatively few counters to -Recharge debuffing, either in PvE or in PvP, and certainly in PvP it has all kinds of potential to "wreck" the delicate balance of +Recharge stacking that Players reflexively build into their characters and just assume will always be there, as if it were inviolate and unchangeable.  In PvE, of course, -Recharge debuffing will, when deeply stacked, effectively "neutralize" opposition by denying them the ability to ACT, in effect "blocking them at the source of their own agency to respond" in much the same way that use of a Hold power would.  The difference of course being that once a Hold expires, opposition can take actions within the full range of their options, while with -Recharge debuffing their "prevention of action" can linger well beyond the expiration of debuff's duration.

So ... yar ... really nasty option with few counters.

Me likey. 💫

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Although you still have to take the full alpha strike, at least that is the only strike.

And as described, as a Mastermind you have the OPTION of either taking that full alpha strike (in Bodyguard Mode, of course!) or delegating the responsibility for absorbing it to one of your summoned Pets (who can be resummoned if needed, since they are expendable while your Mastermind is not).  After that, it's just a matter of choosing how you want to open and begin combat, and where you want to be (and your summoned Pets to be) positioned relative to your $Targets when you do so in order to "shape" the incoming alpha strike to your advantage.  And THAT is something that requires Player Skill to accomplish, as it will not show up in a spreadsheet analysis of combat factors to be quantified easily.

6 hours ago, kelly Rocket said:

The fact that the recharge floor is 10% always blows my mind. That's literally a 10x increase in recharge times, and all you need is -90% recharge debuff to get there, unless they have resistance. Time can do it trivially, and even moreso when you fill it up with Dark Watcher, Basilisk's Gaze, and Pacing of the Turtle procs, which can't be resisted.

Precisely.  Stack those together and you've effectively achieved a "soft lockdown" performance in which your $Targets are denied the opportunity to attack you, while you and your summoned Pets have free rein (rain?) to attack them with relative impunity.  This isn't about "fighting fair" after all.  And yes, stacking those -Recharge debuff procs onto Archvillains, Giant Monsters and Heroes (depending on your alignment choice) which aren't going to be resisted because the $Target is casting the -Recharge debuff onto themselves (meaning they won't be resisting the debuff) makes the combination rather formidable ... wouldn't you say?  Oh wait, you just did.  ^_~

6 hours ago, kelly Rocket said:

Agreed. 😎

Time Manipulation achieves "bullet time" relative performance by Slowing the opposition, rather than by Speeding yourself ... which is a marked contrast with Kinetics (which kind of does both, but not in the same mix/way).  Time Manipulation simply has more tools in the kit and they synergize with each other better than what you can get out of Kinetics.

IifneyR.gif

Don't see how you do it. It takes all my endurance to keep the damn pets alive. No way I have time to use Mastermind attacks. I skip them.I just get more stuff to keep the pets and team alive. I got all 3 resists procs and they still die alot.

Edited by Mansome

13 hours ago, kelly Rocket said:

I did some testing just now, and it appears -75% recharge debuff is the maximum debuff, so 4x increase in recharge times. I tested against Minions, Lieutenants and Bosses in PI, all -75%

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, Bopper said:

I did some testing just now, and it appears -75% recharge debuff is the maximum debuff, so 4x increase in recharge times. I tested against Minions, Lieutenants and Bosses in PI, all -75%

That fits with what I remember being the case up through Issue 23.  A little recharge debuffing is negligible, while a lot of it is game changing.

I remember the first time I encountered (serious) recharge debuffing on Virtue server.  I was playing Redlynne (my MA/SR Scrapper main) and was on a team fighting Circle of Thorns and we ran into a huge number of arctic mages who cast snowstorms that stacked up and slowed everyone to the recharge floor.  It was the first time I'd ever gotten held/stunned/mezzed because I was fighting through the recharge debuffing and my Practiced Brawler expired and it hadn't recharged yet, meaning I went from being a Scrapper to being a Squishy ... and at the same time none of my attacks were recharging fast enough to keep an attack chain going.  Once I realized what the problem was I retreated out of the zone of denial so as to get my powers recharged (especially Practiced Brawler) before diving back into the fray to try to take out ONE mage and take one debuff patch off the stack.  After that it was a job of whittling the mages down while jumping in and out of the zone of denial that had inadvertently been formed by like some 6+ mages all casting their location AoE recharge debuff powers in the same spot (for maximum GAME OVER).

Most of the rest of the team got wiped out by the recharge debuffing denying them access to their own powers.  Some of them stood right in the worst of it and couldn't figure out what they were doing wrong.  I survived by using hit and run tactics that involved a lot of movement and retreating so as to whittle down the opposition into something that wasn't so deeply stacked.  Everyone was astonished that I'd survived when some of them had faceplanted on that group multiple times (complete with multiple hospital trips).  I just smirked and figured that if the Go Darwin Go factor couldn't get them to learn, it wasn't my job to teach them how to be better Players.

So yeah, -75% Recharge debuffing is the cap and it makes powers take 4x longer than normal to recharge on powers that have +0% recharge reduction (like most PvE $Targets have).  However, reaching that cap against $Targets that can resist recharge debuffing means that you'll need to "deliver" more than a mere -75% to get them moved towards that cap, so a bit of "overkill" on this factor can potentially be warranted, either for improved uptime or improved depth of debuff stacking (or both, really).

IifneyR.gif

5 hours ago, Mansome said:

Don't see how you do it. It takes all my endurance to keep the damn pets alive. No way I have time to use Mastermind attacks. I skip them.I just get more stuff to keep the pets and team alive. I got all 3 resists procs and they still die alot.

Keep the aggro off the Pets as much as you can.  Tankerminding does incredible things for Ninja survival rates via Bodyguard Mode sharing of damage.  An 800 Damage hit that would one shot a Genin will only do 100 Damage to 6 Ninjas and 200 Damage to your Mastermind if that attack is directed at your Mastermind rather than at an individual Genin.

Draw aggro onto your Mastermind and do what you have to do in order to hold onto it.  Ninjas survive a lot better when they aren't taking damage from being attacked directly (just "indirectly" via Bodyguard Mode).  Also, you want to slot the Defense aura IOs, not the Resist aura IOs, if you have a choice between the two.

The other major enemy to the survival of your Ninjas is ... chaos.  When stuff is happening too fast for you to be able to "control" the flow of battle to your advantage, it gets REALLY EASY for Ninjas to get in over their heads and start getting browbeaten in a hurry.  When everything is happening all at once it's hard to notice that a Ninja is in trouble quickly enough to save them from being flattened before you can respond.  So a lot of what helps keep your Ninjas alive depends entirely on HOW you play your Mastermind.  Best answer I can give for that is that if you think you can play your Mastermind exactly like you would any other Archetype (dive in head first without caring and laugh maniacally before doing a wash/rinse/repeat on a steamroller) you're going to be quite disappointed.  Chaotic battle situations do your Ninjas no real favors where they can get lost in the crowd while the Player is distracted by trying to manage all that chaos.

The simple facto of the matter is that Ninjas need to be kept on what amounts to something of a short leash.  You always want to use them to "gang up" on whatever it is you're fighting, preferably by simply outnumbering them.  Many of ME, few of YOU.  That's the secret to survival for your Ninjas.  When the opposition outnumbers your Ninjas ... THAT is when they're prone to pulling too much aggro onto themselves and dying in a faceplant of glory shame.  You really need to learn how to "walk" with them before you try to "run" with them.

IifneyR.gif

18 hours ago, Bopper said:

Hmm, you're correct. I could swear paragonwiki said the floor was 10% before. Dunno why I was so sure of that. Just checked and it says it's 25%.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:51 AM, Redlynne said:

Precisely.  Stack those together and you've effectively achieved a "soft lockdown" performance in which your $Targets are denied the opportunity to attack you, while you and your summoned Pets have free rein (rain?) to attack them with relative impunity.  This isn't about "fighting fair" after all.  And yes, stacking those -Recharge debuff procs onto Archvillains, Giant Monsters and Heroes (depending on your alignment choice) which aren't going to be resisted because the $Target is casting the -Recharge debuff onto themselves (meaning they won't be resisting the debuff) makes the combination rather formidable ... wouldn't you say?  Oh wait, you just did.  ^_~

Wait what?  What's making them cast -recharge on themselves?  (perhaps I was critted by all the text and can't find reference to it?)

I like -recharge (on my Bane WAWG) but found it eventually useless at high level as it doesn't seem to do much if anything to +4 mobs and especially AVs.

3 hours ago, Justisaur said:

Wait what?  What's making them cast -recharge on themselves?  (perhaps I was critted by all the text and can't find reference to it?)

I like -recharge (on my Bane WAWG) but found it eventually useless at high level as it doesn't seem to do much if anything to +4 mobs and especially AVs.

In order to prevent multiple procs from stacking up on a $Target, the solution used by the Paragon Studios devs is to have the $Target cast the debuff on themselves (via Grant Power mechanics to "force" the $Target to self-cast the debuff upon self) and then code the debuff to not stack from same caster, which then prevents stacking of multiple procs simultaneously upon the $Target.  That's how you wind up with max 1 stack of any particular debuff from proc on a $Target.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

9 hours ago, Redlynne said:

In order to prevent multiple procs from stacking up on a $Target, the solution used by the Paragon Studios devs is to have the $Target cast the debuff on themselves (via Grant Power mechanics to "force" the $Target to self-cast the debuff upon self) and then code the debuff to not stack from same caster, which then prevents stacking of multiple procs simultaneously upon the $Target.  That's how you wind up with max 1 stack of any particular debuff from proc on a $Target.

Indeed, but a side effect of this is that all procs are unresistable, as basically all self-cast effects bypass your resistances.

This is one of the reasons procs are useful. Sure, -recharge procs are all only -20%, but they're -20% against anything. Even a level 55 AV with their 87% resistance to -recharge will eat the full -20% recharge when one of those procs hits them. You'd need to be hitting them with a -154% debuff to equal that normally.

Additionally, while any one of the three -recharge procs can't stack with itself (Even if it's procing from multiple players), they can stack with each other. So if you have Pacing of the Turtle in two powers, and both of them trigger the proc against this AV, you'll only get -20%, but if you have Pacing, Dark Watcher, AND Basilisk's Gaze, you can stack all three of those together for -60% unresistable debuff, which is only 15% away from the floor.

It's still worthwhile to slot the same proc in multiple powers though, as it increases the frequency of it going off and while they don't stack, they will overwrite and extend the duration of the debuff.

Time is particularly ridiculous for this, because you can get Dark Watcher and Pacing in Time's Juncture, your PBAoE toggle debuff, and you can get Basilisk's Gaze and Pacing into Distortion Field, your AoE ground targeted -speed -recharge pseudopet power... which you can get the recharge on down to the point where you can have two of them running at once very easily, and that stacks the proc chances. And then you can get Basilisk into Time Stop... and Pacing into Time Crawl, and... look, trust me, it's just silly how many -recharge procs you can spread with Time.

That's not even considering the fact that Distortion Field does -recharge already, a fairly hefty -50% in fact, and stacks with itself, and you can slap another -60% on a single target with Time Crawl.

So basically with the procs you should be able to trivially floor the recharge of even a level 55 Archvillain.

Oh yeah, did I mention that both Time's Juncture and Distortion Field are auto-hit?

Edited by kelly Rocket
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

UPDATE.

Please note that the bindloadfiles that I am currently using have also been updated (slightly) and can be found earlier upthread HERE.

This is a case of "the more things change, the more they stay the same" ... kinda sorta (but not really).

The main difference in the following updated build is that it closes the Knockback Protection "hole" that the previous build did not address (at all) ... which is "bad" for a build that intends to Tankermind all that effectively.

The slot reshuffling mostly involved taking slots away from Temporal Selection (which is "fine" as a 1 slot wonder power, actually).  I'd previously had Temporal Selection 5-slotted with the Regenerative Tissue set for the +5% global recharge set bonus and to have somewhere to put the +25% Regeneration IO from the set, but with Temporal Mending available every 8 second or so, that was really a luxury indulgence that wasn't actually needed.  So out those slots came.

Those specific slots (4 of them) got shuffled into Farsight (+3) and Scorpion's Shield (+1) of all places.  The addition to Scorpion's Shield allows me to slot the Knockback Protection IO from the Karma set into Scorpion's Shield while also slotting in a Luck of the Gambler +Recharge IO into the two slots there.  The real change though came to Farsight.

Previously I'd had a Luck of the Gambler +Recharge IO slotted into Farsight, just for the +7.5% global recharge increase ... but with 6 slots in Farsight I could either use my 5 Red Fortune + 1 Luck of the Gambler slotting (for +5% and +7.5% global recharge buffing) granting a whopping +12.5% global recharge and a +2% global damage increase from a single 6-slotted (defensive!) power(!) ... or I could put in a full 6 slots worth of the Reactive Defenses set to get a global +3.75% global endurance discount and a +8.75% global recharge increase, along with Scaling Resists and HP gets lowered (on my Mastermind).  The recharge difference is only +3.75% though, which is really only relevant to Hasten (120.6s vs 121.9s recharge time in the context of this build), since Chrono Shift is actually perma in this build.

The only damage throughput of mine that's being aided by that +2% damage increase out of an extra 5-slot Red Fortune is on Snap Shot, Aimed Shot and Fistful of arrows ... amounting to an incredible +0.42, +0.61 and +0.56 damage (per $Target hit) increase (respectively) on these three powers.  In other words, +1.56 Lethal damage against a single $Target per 3.7 seconds, for an astounding +0.422 damage per second increase.  I'm going to file that kind of a difference under the heading of "whoop-de-fricken-doo" when it comes to analyzing the alternatives here.  By contrast, the exact same attack chain of Snap Shot, Aimed Shot then Fistful of Arrows would save 0.1, 0.12 and 0.15 endurance, for a total savings of 0.37 endurance over those 3.7 seconds, for a 0.1 end/s reduction on each attack chain rotation ... to say nothing of the extra endurance being saved on every single other power being Click cast, and Time Manipulation features quite a lot of these.

The other major difference between 5 Red Fortune + 1 Luck of the Gambler versus a full 6 Reactive Defenses is that the Red+Luck combo offers slightly higher Defense enhancement relative to the Reactive Defenses loadout, which can create a shortfall in Farsight performance (14.73% vs 14.33% for a loss of -0.4% Defense vs All) due to the higher amount of base Defense offered by Farsight.  Fortunately, the "problem" of lost Defense increase is much less noticeable when slotting Reactive Defenses into Maneuvers (4.12% vs 4.01% for a loss of -0.11% Defense vs All).  Under the effects of Power Boost that difference in slotting turns into 20.88% vs 20.48% for Farsight compared to a 5.85% vs 5.73% for Maneuvers ... meaning -0.4% or -0.12% Defense vs All, depending on where Reactive Defenses gets slotted.

With that kind of "no brainer" decision at hand, I put the Red+Luck slots into Farsight and the Reactive Defenses set into Maneuvers ... mainly because the Red+Luck combo in Maneuvers offers an all to easy to miss/ignore increase in performance (Hasten by +1.3s on recharge and a micrometer-esque increase in damage from 3 powers in the entire build) relative to the broader benefits of having Reactive Defenses in Maneuvers making the entire build more endurance efficient overall to in effect enhance "longevity" in heavy combat while also offering scaling resistances as Mastermind HP drops, which could become relevant while Tankerminding.  So on balance, for me at least, Reactive Defenses in Maneuvers "wins" the contest of priorities.

The other change I made was more logistical than anything else.  Previously, I'd be prioritizing getting enough slots into Time's Juncture as quickly as possible to augment/counterbalance the flimsy-ness of Ninja Pet Defenses (if you have to ask, you're assuming they're higher than they actually are).  This time around, I decided to instead prioritize putting slots into Temporal Mending sooner so as to get the Absorb proc installed much more quickly during the leveling process.  Needing to delay slotting up Time's Juncture for the Dark Watcher's set until the mid-30s is something of a shame, but once you get past it it's all good (and you'll never really need to worry about it ever again).  It will also mean that right as you're getting ready for Chrono Shift your Time Manipulation powers will suddenly start getting "really strong(!)" and the whole build just won't stop getting stronger and stronger with every level up once you hit Level 22 and Single Origin enhancement levels, without looking back.  The 30s and 40s are just about (back)filling in the gaps left as you leveled up until the whole build comes together with the Gaussian's Build Up proc as the capstone at 50 for the entire thing.

Anyway, I hope people enjoy this update/rework that patches the one (only one?) hole I'd left in the earlier effort.

I'd also like to give thanks to @SmalltalkJava for pointing out that this build can be relatively easily "ported" over for use, with practically trivial adjustment to not only Beasts/Time/Mace Masterminds, but also Mercs/Time/Mace Masterminds as well with very little effort.  I'm sure that there are other Mastermind primaries which can use this build as a "template" to work from to achieve GREATNESS™ ... provided you're fine with using Ninja Run+Prestige Sprint+Swift+Hurdle along with P2W Travel Powers as your means of getting around town.  However, if you absolutely MUST have a(n actual) Travel Power of some sort, you can always drop Assault for it (although I don't recommend that option due to what it does for your Pets).

At any rate ... ENJOY!

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Spoiler

|MxDz;1516;741;1482;HEX;|
|78DA6594C94F136118C6BF592AB6852E940A94B214642D1488DE4DC4251A8A20468|
|D1752618031DD420B829EFC03703DA0D1A38A5C8CA202D193FF8231022E18491451|
|59D48BB7FA769E3730099334BFE9F3CEBB7CCF37DF84470FE53E3E7AE580905C6DD|
|1482AD5138EA4D2DA504C8FF759C29101BD571174E5D0AF683BD2D33D1C8B25E2A1|
|0E3D7E21920A98020787FBFB43A7F4984675E27A72381A49EB89B870762612D150B|
|B16E9D38652837AD266FCEF4E6A5A9FDBB83D161FD153FA793DAAA7C7EC867224AA|
|0F0CA6FD87937A6FC8D4201CE9D578C6B1229AAA9E7E4F2D82AF8C4574AA42F8542|
|19F642E2906D52FE0AE655908AB2A9ADB88ADAA98F76EE50A31259166154FA89E04|
|4D952604F26E83BBEF30EF827BEE65AD51C502D5517806E53B7AD956993FC0FC9F6|
|0C12FE61AF88CFA5978064B4018334C5BE07AB65ECE387AD55F655E031BAE336F10|
|3DC449D558DB73CAB572AEB501F51AA799CBE8D9F8156CFAC65C518C1A2F28D7CEB|
|9F611C4722F322F818ECB8AD1C7D1018F5DDDE022799027C1B7BC1919FECC825573|
|E0DE97CC57C40255BCA71C27AFDD1986FF3334839B3537FBF1819EF340533CEFB8C|
|63C58B300D62E626F3FD2B35E7ED6FB96639C53CB39F59CE326930B31B3A5701DEB|
|2BDA606E8281DFCC3F60D55F78354B7316B357C5A388F9C640FF0978E2EF02CB56B|
|05765AB44872A3ED18025DCB7C4262166072BF2980EA6130C7825E35DABA4994B91|
|2B4A83F0678E662967CFCAD9B325EA51094DAA7C231B5AD56B78F49962D5A821578|
|F2356738BC9FB904F7DEAB84F1DD7F49016E4B983F7E161D303B0F921D83AC97CC4|
|9CC25ECF9135219E27F44FE01CF29AD6738568E15E2DBC26BF6A3A9B3E619CD706B|
|396A14BB4EC505A7728FB7628FBCD4A13FAB59B35AB6CEC53785BCB643F2DFC5D10|
|5210F3585D5BE73EB366A338AF41E29A1BDB9A2C05706E5CC725E3FDF19D2696D2D|
|ACD7975C8DB34E75540536FC2CFFC09F879D6967512BDCF98EECF99EEBB4CF7FF01|
|1CEBEEA2|

Villain Profile:

------------

(A) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27

(A) Tempered Readiness - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50+5

(19) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (21) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (21) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 27

(A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (42) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (42) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20
 (43) Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge: Level 10

(A) Range IO: Level 50+5
 (45) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50+5
 (45) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (45) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

(A) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (13) Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (13) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Command of the Mastermind - Recharge/Pet +AoE Defense Aura: Level 10

(23) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (37) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance: Level 27
 (37) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 21

(A) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge: Level 50+5

(A) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (37) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (39) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 10

(40) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (40) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27
 (42) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 27

(A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 27
 (25) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (25) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (36) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

(A) Command of the Mastermind - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (27) Command of the Mastermind - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Mark of Supremacy - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (29) Mark of Supremacy - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27

(31) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5

(A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge: Level 50+5

(46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27

(A) Karma - Knockback Protection: Level 10
 (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Spoiler

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

(A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50+5

Spoiler

Set Bonus Totals:
10.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
10.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
10.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
10.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
10.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
10.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
10.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
10.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
10% Defense
1.25% Defense(Smashing)
1.25% Defense(Lethal)
1.25% Defense(Fire)
1.25% Defense(Cold)
6.25% Defense(Energy)
6.25% Defense(Negative)
2.5% Defense(Melee)
5% Defense(Ranged)
12.5% Defense(AoE)
5.85% Max End
96.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
7.5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
21% SpeedFlying
81.32 HP (10.13%) HitPoints
21% JumpHeight
21% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -4)
Knockup (Mag -4)
MezResist(Confused) 31.25%
MezResist(Held) 31.25%
MezResist(Immobilized) 31.25%
MezResist(Sleep) 31.25%
MezResist(Stunned) 31.25%
MezResist(Terrorized) 31.25%
9% (0.15 End/sec) Recovery
132% (4.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
15.25% Resistance(Smashing)
15.25% Resistance(Lethal)
19.75% Resistance(Fire)
19.75% Resistance(Cold)
13.75% Resistance(Energy)
13.75% Resistance(Negative)
10% Resistance(Toxic)
10% Resistance(Psionic)
0% Resistance(Smashing)
0% Resistance(Lethal)
0% Resistance(Fire)
0% Resistance(Cold)
0% Resistance(Energy)
0% Resistance(Negative)
0% Resistance(Toxic)
0% Resistance(Psionic)
21% SpeedRunning

Spoiler

Set Bonuses:
Mark of Supremacy
(Call Genin)

Overwhelming Force
(Call Genin)

Call to Arms
(Call Genin)
  5% Defense

Decimation
(Snap Shot)
  2.25% Max End

Preventive Medicine
(Temporal Mending)

Entropic Chaos
(Aimed Shot)
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  2.25% Max End

Annihilation
(Fistful of Arrows)
  1.35% Max End
  2.25% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

(Call Jounin)
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  10% Defense(AoE)

Mark of Supremacy
(Call Jounin)

Dark Watcher's Despair
(Time's Juncture)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Distortion Field)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Time Stop)

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  0% Resistance(All)

(Oni)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Mark of Supremacy
(Oni)

Edict of the Master
(Oni)
  5% Defense

Red Fortune
(Farsight)
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Farsight)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)

Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Luck of the Gambler
(Scorpion Shield)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Ninjas - Time Manipulation.mxd

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

• 4 weeks later

Had to do some updating to my master keybinds.txt file owing to the fact that after the 64-bit client release of Island Rum, use of Shift and Control keys with the up/down/left/right keys like I'd been doing started producing some decidedly unwanted extra effects (namely, switching active application windows!).  So to prevent that from happening, I moved my Ninja Run/Power Surge/Sprint keybind "set" away from the UP key over to the A key (with modifiers) and did a little rejiggering with the other keybinds I'd had on the Q and A keys in order to make everything fit.  The Jump Pack is now keyed to Control+Spacebar, for example.

So far, this has meant that I no longer see weirdness such as using Alt+Tab to deliberately switch to other apps on my computer and come back to find that Sprint has turned itself on, when it wasn't toggled on when I left the CoH client application.

Y'know ... little things.

IifneyR.gif

Thank you for this entire thread. Especially the survival tips. I see too many masterminds sending in their minions to die instead of taking the alpha themselves (a good leader leads from the front). I think many don't know about bodyguard mode, and don't think to really use tactics (other than the pool power 😉 ).

Personally, I like to pull with an attack or debuff, take the hit and then let loose the dogs/lions/wolves of war (current mm is beast).
For range-focused pets post-32, I like to pull the furthest enemy, as soldiers and bots tend to open with their AOE's.

It's all about "sharing the wealth" of knowledge gained and wisdom earned so that we can ALL benefit from what can be learned.  Some people want to (jealously?) keep everything they know to themselves so that no one else can use it ... which perhaps makes sense when you're talking about PvP build, but in PvE why aren't you wanting to share the insights as widely as possible?  I mean, I've been "well repaid" for sharing my builds in that other people take them (and run with them) and make other discoveries which then, like karma, return to me (threefold?).

In other words, we're ALL made "richer" thanks to the effort I put into sharing this stuff ... and it is an effort(!) ... but it also makes us all both better and wiser in how we play the game we all love.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

7 hours ago, Redeyeknight said:

I had no idea that Gaussion's chance for buildup worked that way.

To be fair ... most people don't know how Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control proc for Build Up works.

Almost everyone "just think they know" how it works and then stop paying attention (because they already "know" the answer, doan'cha know).

This is one of those things that required @Bopper's research along with @Sir Myshkin doing all the proc monster builds to puzzle out and discover, because How It Works™ isn't intuitively obvious from reading the description when put into the context of a power like Tactics.  We needed the PPM Information Guide in order to work out all the Proc Fu going on under the hood inside the game engine in order for the necessary AHA! moment to happen (I just got there first and have been riding the train on it since discovery).

It's just yet one more example of "you need to know WHY things work on a starship" ... so to speak ... in order to get the most out of your build choices.

IifneyR.gif

The efforts of the three of you, and anyone else taking the time to theorycraft, test and datamine all of this is greatly appreciated.  I get excited any time I see a wall of text, because I know the information is going to be accurate, relevant, and entertaining.  

Thank you for being awesome!