When Will There Be Any Actual Content Coming To This Server?

Sylar

16 hours ago, Sylar said:

Is there a road map, a timescale or a conversation of things to come? is there any coders left working on this server?

If you review the patch notes and official posts from the HC folks, you'll see that while they haven't exactly published a "road map" per se, there are changes and conversations about things that are happening, such as the recent changes to snipe powers or the upcoming changes to Tankers.  They even posted a "what do you want to see us work on" post that was replied to by hundreds of players.  So yes, there are people working on this server.

(edit) Here's a related post that might answer some of your questions.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

10 minutes ago, Sylar said:

Because that particular person has had it out for me form the first day, i am worried about what might happen to me if i questioned anything or stood up for myself, ever since i made the video about coxg i have been verbally attacked and banned from the private server, i am concerned about the direction of the game with that person being around, specifically the part about how copyright laws are non existent in Argentina and has had a private server up for 7 years+ but all of a sudden now wants to go the "correct and legal" route, i am all for that, just seems doubling down to me.

Yeah....you totally seem unbiased, against drama and totally without any ulterior motives.  That single sentence paragraph riddled with persecution complex issues is really convincing us that you're a stable individual who's asking good faith questions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

Yeah....you totally seem unbiased, against drama and totally without any ulterior motives.  That single sentence paragraph riddled with persecution complex issues is really convincing us that you're a stable individual who's asking good faith questions.

because you know me enough to question my stability? what a shitty thing to say, dont get touchy because i put my personal opinion and experiences.

Based on the title of the thread and reading the first handful of replies, I’ve got a pretty good idea of OPs motives and endgame.  It’s pretty transparent.

Frankly, I’d be fine if there wasn’t a drop of new anything.  I’m nowhere near leveling every power combination of every AT to 50 and beyond.  I’ve probably run every piece of content available, but not recently.

And if I ever feel the need to make a new power set, I’ll host my own server.  

*content*

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

Having played all the story content and trials/TF's etc on my main character I am now working on other alts and do not mind the slow pace of adding new content.  I'd rather see:

1. The game continue to survive, which means holding the line against NCSoft and hopefully get their corporate blessing.

2. Would like to see the devs obtain a list of all the bugs and glitches that were never fixed prior to shut down and debug them.  If they can contact Positron or BaB for help that would be even better

3. Occasional new story new content, such as perhaps the restoration of Hero 1 from his Honoree contamination.

4. Perhaps a new AT once a year. Maybe released during the holidays as a gift to the players.

25 alts with all the badges!

1 hour ago, Sylar said:

You say trash i say quality, it really is just a matter of opinion but i see you just want to crap on any other server because you believe HC is the truth and lord almighty, thats fine i wasnt even here to appeal to others to switch, i was just asking about the quality of content and when can we expect more content, im not a story driven player in MMO's and that is perfectly fine as my preference.

But you sure are argumentative here. Look dude, point is those servers are a hot mess of shit. From devs to powers to community.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Serious question, i see a lot of other servers moving ahead with new content, new storylines, more bug fixes and attention to the playerbase, the only thing that is stopping me from playing this server more is the fact that nothing really of value has been added in terms of new powersets (new sets from live from the original devs do not count and Sentinel has been around for 7 years+).

Is there a road map, a timescale or a conversation of things to come? is there any coders left working on this server? and is Leandro apart of this server anymore?

I would like to do a review of this server sometime but whats holding me back is the bad experiences ive had with this server and the lack of communication of certain things and lack of content, any information would be grateful thanks.

No. It hasnt. Sentinel is brand new. Rebirth and CoXG are...well, literal trash for balance and actual content. What NEW arc or actually balanced powerset have they added?

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

17 hours ago, Sylar said:

i see a lot of other servers moving ahead with new content, new storylines, more bug fixes and attention to the playerbase

I think it all depends on your definition of "content".  A lot of the new stuff I've seen added to the other servers, appears to be (a) cosmetic changes and (b) re-shuffling/re-skinning of existing power sets.  I've yet to see anyone add any new story lines, except for HC, which added a couple in their last big patch.  Not that there's anything wrong with cosmetic changes and powers-shuffling, but I (personally) don't see that as "new content".

For example, I was excited about the new Telekinetic Assault set offered by Thunderspy/COXG, but when I tried it, it was disappointing.  I really just wanted a set with whip attacks, but what I got was a control set with a few whip attacks, but mostly just other powers re-skinned.  And what's with the flaming swords?  How/why do flaming swords have anything to do with whip attacks?

I also tried the new Guardian AT on Rebirth, but had to solo it because nobody was available to team with on their test server the few times I logged on to try it.  It was grueling boring to solo, and quite underwhelming.  At least the whip attacks weren't linked to flaming swords, so it had that going for it.

To me, "content" is primarily story driven.  What is there to do with my established characters, or worth creating a new character for?  What new stories, settings, or enemy groups?  What am I going to accomplish/achieve by doing so?  Running DFB for the umpteenth time with whip-swords is just as boring as running DFB with gusts of wind or balls of divine light, to me.  And changing my costume to include Freakshow hands or two auras isn't going to change that, either.

Sure, I appreciate having whip-swords and Freakshow hands for the novelty.  But to me, there's more to "content" than just cosmetics and shuffled powers.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 4

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Its not a big server because of what it does, its a big server because it had its foot in the door of establishing itself as the major server before the code was leaked to the masses, so it had a much better chance of gaining the majority of the playerbase as a result.

That is not how things work on the internet though. Cases in point: Myspace and Yahoo. Or forums. The Usenet! Newgrounds! The list goes on. On the internet things stay dominant because they are preferred by the market, unless they have the power to actively push competition away or the money to simply buy them up. Neither is the case with Homecoming - indeed you could argue it suffers a reputation malus for associating with Leandro. Sure, most people hear of Homecoming first, but it takes a day or two at most until they hear about the other servers ad what they got on offer. Homecoming is just good and satisfies the needs of most people just fine. I know about other servers and their cakes and new builds. I am just not interested.

CoX already has more than 10 years' worth of content, most of which is like new to almost everybody who played it years ago. Content is not a pressing matter with CoX.

And let's be honest, aren't most of us just passing the time until City of Titan comes along? I intend to jump ship for CoT ASAP.

Edited by Dugunthi

3 minutes ago, ADarkerPerspective said:

I'm cracking up. This guy is seriously asking a group of unpaid, volunteer devs if they could hurry up and put out more free content so he can make a review video for his Youtube channel...

You're leaving out the part where he has a grudge against Leandro and the rest of the private server squad for booting him.  So he's asking for more free content from some of the exact same unpaid volunteers who he previously pissed off.  Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Dugunthi said:

That is not how things work on the internet though. Cases in point: Myspace and Yahoo. Or forums. The Usenet! Newgrounds! The list goes on. On the internet things stay dominant because they are preferred by the market, unless they have the power to actively push competition away or the money to simply buy them up. Neither is the case with Homecoming - indeed you could argue it suffers a reputation malus for associating with Leandro. Sure, most people hear of Homecoming first, but it takes a day or two at most until they hear about the other servers ad what they got on offer. Homecoming is just good and satisfies the needs of most people just fine. I know about other servers and their cakes and new builds. I am just not interested.

CoX already has more than 10 years' worth of content, most of which is like new to almost everybody who played it years ago. Content is not a pressing matter with CoX.

And let's be honest, aren't most of us just passing the time until City of Titan comes along? I intend to jump ship for CoT ASAP.

Nooo. CoT's main point was if we never got CoH back it was going to take its place. Now, I personally don't need it. CoH is back, what do I care for a successor if the real-deal is back?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ADarkerPerspective said:

I'm cracking up. This guy is seriously asking a group of unpaid, volunteer devs if they could hurry up and put out more free content so he can make a review video for his Youtube channel...

never once even remotely said for anyone to hurry up, maybe actually reading the comments as opposed to creating words out of air just to push your narrative....

18 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

You're leaving out the part where he has a grudge against Leandro and the rest of the private server squad for booting him.  So he's asking for more free content from some of the exact same unpaid volunteers who he previously pissed off.  Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

who i pissed off? yep because i definitely broken one of leo's golden rules, goes to show what this server is like.

3 minutes ago, Sylar said:

who i pissed off? yep because i definitely broken one of leo's golden rules, goes to show what this server is like.

Well I mean you're coming here trashing on the server in a passive aggressive manner, then advertising a sub-par(in literally ALL respects) alternative. What do you expect to happen?

1 minute ago, Seed22 said:

Well I mean you're coming here trashing on the server in a passive aggressive manner, then advertising a sub-par(in literally ALL respects) alternative. What do you expect to happen?

i havent trashed the server, i asked a question, it could of been answered by "not right now but in the future maybe" but no, i got people being arsey with their replies, making up assumptions about me to assuming what i have said and creating completely new context over what i have said, there was no passive aggression in any of what i said, if anything, the people who have been respectful i have conversated with and agreed on their point of view, its like if anything is said about HC in any constructive manner people pounce on you like a witch hunt, grow up, everytime i post here in a constructive way i get people jumping on me, i never get that anywhere else, why cant people just accept someone else has a different opinion than them? why lie about someones intentions, assume things about them and insult them for just showing care about what content they awaiting on the server? Jesus F'kn Christ

3 minutes ago, Sylar said:

i havent trashed the server, i asked a question, it could of been answered by "not right now but in the future maybe" but no, i got people being arsey with their replies, making up assumptions about me to assuming what i have said and creating completely new context over what i have said, there was no passive aggression in any of what i said, if anything, the people who have been respectful i have conversated with and agreed on their point of view, its like if anything is said about HC in any constructive manner people pounce on you like a witch hunt, grow up, everytime i post here in a constructive way i get people jumping on me, i never get that anywhere else, why cant people just accept someone else has a different opinion than them? why lie about someones intentions, assume things about them and insult them for just showing care about what content they awaiting on the server? Jesus F'kn Christ

The title of this thread is "When Will There Be Any Actual Content Coming To This Server?"  The inclusion of "Actual" is just a shining beacon of passive aggressive, suggesting that what has been added isn't real.  Stop pretending you don't have an axe to grind.  You didn't come in here with innocent intentions.  

And it takes a total lack of self awareness to say "every time I post, people are jerks to me" and not think that you're the common factor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ADarkerPerspective said:

Narrative lol My bad, you were just ASKING if they have any plans to work faster so you can make a video. You don't actually want them to hurry up, you were just ASKING if they were going to. Yeah that's much better.

speaks up about bad experiences, gets assholes recreating that experience.

Is there a road map, a timescale or a conversation of things to come?

The clue being "is there", asking if there is, no when, no mention of hurrying up, so again taking things out of context and making up words that i didnt say, learn to read.

• Jimmy locked this topic