Vigilant Badge (do all Atlas Park story missions)

Dash no Chris

Perhaps my search-fu is weak, but I need some help with the current prerequisites for the Vigilant Badge (a hero Accolade Badge).

Paragon Wiki shows the old requirement: "Maintain an active account for the time period beginning August 15, 2009 and ending November 15, 2009."

However, looking at the "closest to completion" list under my Badge tab, I see the Vigilant silhouette tells me "Complete every story arc in Atlas Park to earn this badge."

Can someone direct me to a current & complete list of "every story arc in Atlas Park"?

Last night, I re-launched my very first CoH character (on the 15th anniversary of his creation). He was my main, and also my "completionist" (being my badge-hunter, and the character on which I had tried to earn as many Souvenirs as possible). That being said, I spent yesterday's play-session being very careful to avoid having him level up too quickly as he worked through the initial mission arcs offered by Habashy, Thiery, & Twin Shot (in order to avoid out-leveling content).

While I'd imagine that the arcs included in "every story arc in Atlas Park" would be accessible later via Ouroboros, I'm worried about making an incorrect assumption. As long as my main is still Level 9, I'd prefer to do the remaining Atlas Park story arcs now and get the Vigilant accolade badge done straight away.

That said, I'm wondering if another diligent Paragonian badger has already compiled a list of the arcs (and their associated contacts) required for this badge.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance, all!  :)

Paragonian badger?

This Praetorian badger can't remember the exact arcs, but since I didn't even start doing them until about level 30, and I got them all from Ouroborus, I wouldn't worry about missing it.

Edit : As far as I'm aware, there are no badges you can miss from leveling too quick.

Keep in mind that Twinshot has 3 or 4 different story arcs, at different levels, as she "intructs" you in how to play.  So doing only the "Levels 1 to 5" in Ouroboros is not going to complete your Atlas mission arcs...you'll have to do the next ones as well.

• 2 weeks later

Hmm.. so I've done all the story arc's that are in the 0-9 level range from Ouro.. still at 6 of 7 for this badge.. anyone know the last story arc and where to get it?

I've been hunting them as well. The last two are the higher level Twinshot arcs. Find them in the Orou lists as (iirc) Shining [something] C2 and C3.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

• 3 weeks later

You are probably missing the higher level Twinshot arcs.

That said, it's all arcs by all contacts in the zone, not in the level of the zone.  To find all contacts in any zone, look up the zone in Paragon Wiki, then look up those contacts arcs in Ouroboros.

• 8 months later

I looked up Atlas Park on the Paragon Wiki and the only contact listed there is Mairenn MacGregor (the one who starts the Abandoned Sewer Trial.)

Now, what?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 2/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, Display Name said:

I looked up Atlas Park on the Paragon Wiki and the only contact listed there is Mairenn MacGregor (the one who starts the Abandoned Sewer Trial.)

Now, what?

You need to look further down the page. Mairenn MacGregor is the listed as the TF Contact. You want the list of Regular Contacts.

• Thanks 1

Oh!  Found it!  I didn't know they listed them in the text, also!?

Am I looking for contacts with "story arc" on their profile page?  Twin Shot has "Story Arcs" and lists three.  Sunstorm has nine arcs!?  But the badge only calls for seven...  Some of the contacts have "badge missions" but no story arcs.

I'm getting confused here, somewhere...!  What is an arc?  What is a mission?  What is a story?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Sunstorm is a Kheldian specific contact, and other archetypes can't get the contact. So those missions aren't required for any badges. In addition while he has a lot of arcs, they're spread out until level 50, and you're intended to do them a little bit at a time as you level up.

The arcs required for the badge are (I think) just the new arcs from the Atlas Park revamp. Those contacts are Matthew Habashy, Sondra Costel, Officer Fields, and Aaron Thiery. In addition to them, you also have to do the arcs from Twin Shot. As others have mentioned some of her arcs are a higher level, so they won't be on the same tab in Ouro.

It's worth noting that if you're running the content normally as you level, you're given a choice between Officer Fields and Sondra Costel as contacts, and can't get both. You'll have to go back and do the one you didn't choose though Ouro.

Edited by Piyerus
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Display Name said:

I'm getting confused here, somewhere...!  What is an arc?  What is a mission?  What is a story?

Any time a contact tells you to "go do X" that's a mission. A story arc is a series of missions given by a particular contact with a linked theme and story connecting them. (To get the full story you'll need to read all the dialogue and clue text.) Most contacts just have one, or at most two, story arcs—Twinshot and Sunstorm are unusual in that regard. Most contacts also offer a number of unconnected missions and will make you run several of those before they decide to trust you with their story arc.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
  • Thanks 1