Hints for solo ITF +4/+8 Romulus

Olly

Hi all.  Has anyone solo'd Romy on a scrap on +4/+8, AV= yes? I managed to get to the last boss but the nictii damage is far too much for me to take down Romy's regen.  Hints and tips would be much appreciated.  I managed it on a ranged alt by kiting, but melee is literally killing me.

I don't know what scrapper rules are. Just want to get it done. My defense is 37% melee, 49% smashing, 42% energy on a Titan/Bio build.  Resists are at 57% smashing/lethal, 7% energy.

I don't have as much to-hit debuffs as much as DM scraps do, iirc how DM plays.  My lore is Longbow -- should I get Seers instead?  

The biggest problem with Solo Rommy is that auto hit Nictus... fortunately he eats it first so after that it's much easier.  You'll want as much negative resistance as you can get while that thing's up, fortunately your defenses work on the other Nictus.  Try taking him to the roof behind him so you won't have to deal with the Roman reinforcements to make things easier... getting defense debuffed in that fight sucks.  Pack oranges and greens to handle the first round.  Remember, all the damage from Rommy and the Nictus is Negative or Lethal so plan accordingly.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Instead of trying to out-balls Rommy first, go after the Regen Nictus.
Whale on him and take him out.
THEN go ahead and punch Rommy's ticket.

IIRC, the Regen boss starts out as the first nictus to YOUR left (Rommy's Right).

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

11 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Instead of trying to out-balls Rommy first, go after the Regen Nictus.
Whale on him and take him out.
THEN go ahead and punch Rommy's ticket.

IIRC, the Regen boss starts out as the first nictus to YOUR left (Rommy's Right).

You still get stuck eating the AOE auto hit negative damage from the other Nictus though, and the Regen/Healing Nictus needs to hit you in order to heal Rommy so it won't be very effective.  I've found that first AOE damage Nictus to be the most dangerous, once it's down melee characters have a much easier time with Rommy.

I've found the best trick is to have everyone close have good defense so the healer is irrelevant.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I did it by chomping huge reds and a couple ultimate insps. Yea, felt like cheating but I considered that fair since an autohit fluffy against super reflexes is ALSO freakin cheatin.

Edit: Yes, I attacked and killed the autohit fluffy 1st, then Rom.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I did it by chomping huge reds and a couple ultimate insps. Yea, felt like cheating but I considered that fair since an autohit fluffy against super reflexes is ALSO freakin cheatin.

Edit: Yes, I attacked and killed the autohit fluffy 1st, then Rom.

Does it die faster than Rommy?  Since it's the first one he eats to Rez that would seem to be the way to choose.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm not sure. I took it out first due to blind hatred, not logic.

Well, that's a Wild Scrapper statement if ever I heard one 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

Oof that was one hell of a solo TF... I managed to take Romy down by taking out the autohit nictus then whomping Romy.  There was a ton of time in figuring out which fluffy it was.  Because... only one chance to guess before they all get jumbled.. then the accidental click on Romy and the damn thing has healed. I assume it's the one that spawns the adds, because killing the other two first didn't help as much.  The other nice thing about hitting the nictus first was that Romy doesn't summon the traitor adds. (or at least not as much) Taking Romy on top of the roof didn't help much -- he summoned traitors that ran down from the hills... and forced me to retreat, re-stock, kill the adds, and then kill Romy all over again.  I added two Force Feedback +rchrg procs, though, and that helped a bunch.  My insps ended up being all over the place.  For Romy, I did 4 greens, 8 purples, and rest red.  I don't recall what I used for the nictus.  I'm guessing it's due to Bio having decent heals and shields, but needing some extra dps.  I found keeping defense above 60-70%-ish was optimal until Romy ate the 2nd nictus.  He would occasionally hit me with a debuff that would take about 10% of my defense away before that. Incarnates were T3 Cryogenic, Seer, Degenerative, Barrier. T4 Agility and Assault Radial.

I think regardless of build, the key points for me were killing the autohit add-spawning nictus first and 60-70% defense.  And watching the defense numbers if it dropped below that. Then enough dps and regen debuffs to take everything down.  Enough heals or mitigation .. not sure of the numbers though.  

Thanks to everyone who responded to my OP, it really helped. 

Edited by Olly
  • Like 1