Indomitable Will (quick question)

Force Redux

So I picked up the Psi Power Pool for my Dark/Grav, and I'm happy with the armor, and very happy with Psi Tornado for a fast-recharging AOE.

However, I was excited to get Indomitable Will to help break mezz, but it seems that it does NOT break mezz, it only use of use when used proactively. Which is disappointing. If I'm HELD, STUNNED or SLEPT, it won't work. Is there something I'm missing here? I thought in the past during Live it broke mez.

Thanks for any input.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Indom Will does not break through mezz. You may be thinking of Domination for Dominators, which will break through a mezz.

It is possible to get Indom Will perma or very close to it, so in the long run its not a huge issue, just something to watch for. Usually a break of 10 seconds or less in mezz protection isn't a big deal to most players.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leogunner said:

Incorrect. I have both Indomitable Will and Rune of Protection on my ice/TA and it does allow me to break free of mez when I'm not under IW and the visuals are cool. The cooldown isn't tho. 

Hurrah! I was questioning my own sanity here. 

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Hurrah! I was questioning my own sanity here. 

Okay, I was wondering if I was misremembering. I have had both at one time or another, and it seems that I recall they do function as a break out. Well, I think the way they really function is to add the Mezz Res immediately. If that is enough to be unaffected by the current mezz effect, then it will break you out. If the additional res is not enough to resist the current effect, it will not break you out. It is not an automatic beak out like a Break Free is.