Knock, Knock, Dead

luxlorica

Not having any kind of knock mitigation is a tremendous glaring disadvantage. As my DA character gets stronger it is becoming the only way of taking him out. The game just plinks away, eventually I Dark Regen it all back and the train keeps rolling. But the instant something with even a hint of knock-back arrives, I just get juggled to death. Makes it feel like DA should be way stronger in other ways to compensate for being auto-dead when someone has knock.

I know there is a flight IO that reduces knock mag, Blessing of the Zephyr.

Are there other ways to control knock?

• Sad 1

There are Knockback Protection IOs in Blessing of the Zephyr, as you mentioned, and also Steadfast Protection and Karma. You can also get Knockback Protection via Acrobatics.

These can all be stacked, and none of the IOs are Unique, so you can slot up to five of each (although only one per power, as usual), in order to gain extra protection.

Note that Blessing of the Zephyr is a Universal Travel set, so it can go in any travel power, not just flight.

Also, consider adding as much Defense to your build as possible. If you don't get hit by an attack, you don't suffer any secondary effects, such as debuffs or knockback, either.

Edited by Roderick

Most builds put Blessing of the Zephyr in Super Speed for the KB protection.

Dark Armor has loads of Resist armors so it shouldn't be hard to put a Steadfast proc somewhere.

There is also KB protection in x3 Fury of the Gladiator, which you could put in any AoE attack.

For most melee characters, around 7 - 8 KB protection is considered enough. You'll get occasionally thrown by powers like Force Bolt, but overall KB higher than 8 is very rare. I think the only place I've really seen it is in custom made enemies in the AE.

For non-melee characters FYI just one KB protection IO is usually sufficient.

Unless things have changed from Live as I recall the vast majority of KB was either below Mag 4 or above Mag 8 so the conventional wisdom back then was to either slot one KB protection IO to handle 95% of KB or go on to 3 IO's... the KB that was more than Mag 4 but less than Mag 8 was extremely rare.  Due to that there was little point in two IO's so the rule was either one or go all the way to 3.

That was somewhere around the issue 18 time period and I haven't looked deeply into it since.

• Like 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 12/22/2019 at 11:12 AM, Call Me Awesome said:

Unless things have changed from Live as I recall the vast majority of KB was either below Mag 4 or above Mag 8 so the conventional wisdom back then was to either slot one KB protection IO to handle 95% of KB or go on to 3 IO's... the KB that was more than Mag 4 but less than Mag 8 was extremely rare.  Due to that there was little point in two IO's so the rule was either one or go all the way to 3.

That was somewhere around the issue 18 time period and I haven't looked deeply into it since.

I was about to mention this after some reading, but you nailed it.

Find a spot to cram a steadfast and you'll have much less knock problems.

Between that, your heals and IO'd defenses, /dark is about as tanky as it gets, though I do hear good things about rad armor.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 1