Gift Giver badge?

Snarky

So i have one badger. Sort of. Just started. 

i am having trouble with Gift Giver badge. I have given about 50 of the duplicating gifts out. I have badges Gifted, Gift Getter, and Gift which Keeps on Giving. I do not have Gift Giver

What am i doing wrong?  How do i get it. Or if i have it is it not listed under event badges but hiding in another list?  

thanks

3 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

I just checked Paragon Wiki and Badger, there isn't a badge called "Gift Giver" listed in either place. So that's probably why.

Paragon Wiki is... not entirely reliable when it comes to Homecoming.  Some stuff hasn't changed, some stuff has.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

43 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Paragon Wiki is... not entirely reliable when it comes to Homecoming.  Some stuff hasn't changed, some stuff has.

Paragon Wiki isn't entirely unreliable either. Personally, I'd judge it to be upwards of 90% accurate. So while it's good to remember there have been changes, unless you know specifically that something was changed, mentioning this isn't particularly helpful.

41 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

So while it's good to remember there have been changes, unless you know specifically that something was changed, mentioning this isn't particularly helpful.

And the turnabout is also true, unless you know specifically that it hasn't - referring to it as an absolute source isn't helpful either.  Neither is talking trash when somebody gives a clarification.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

According to my document from a data dive from just a couple months ago, there was not any badge by that particular name.  All Badges with "Gift" in the name are as follows (according to my document):

Gifted

Gift Which Keeps Giving

Gift Getter

Gifted Speaker

So, unless the Homecoming Team added one by that name with the last couple of patches . . . no, I don't think there is a "Gift Giver" Badge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

And the turnabout is also true, unless you know specifically that it hasn't - referring to it as an absolute source isn't helpful either.  Neither is talking trash when somebody gives a clarification.

If I considered Paragon Wiki an absolute source, why would I have also cited Badger? Or used the qualifier "probably"? The answer, of course, is that I don't consider Paragon Wiki infallible. Nevertheless, infallible or not, Paragon Wiki remains a very accurate picture of the state of the game a shutdown. So, unless you have a specific, articulable reason to doubt the information you find there, that information should be treated as presumptuously correct. Particularly, as in this case, when it's verified by a second source.

Since your "clarification" failed to cite any reason to doubt the Wiki's information it's really nothing more than a restatement of the basic truism that nothing is 100% accurate. Which, as I said, is always worth keeping in mind but, at the same time, shouting it whenever someone cites an authority just clutters the discussion with needless qualifiers—it obfuscates instead of illuminating. Which is why I labelled it unhelpful. If you regard that as trash talk, so be it.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

If I'm parsing MetaVileTerror's post correctly, they did a .pigg dive and didn't find any badge by that name. I'd say that's definitive evidence that no such badge exists. Do you recall where you heard about it?

Yep. Again i am not great at this stuff. First badger. So i went to the community boards. Badges section. There is a post called winter badges there from like nov30 by Voltor. He said the badge exists. No one later in the thread corrected him that i saw anyways.  Sooooo. I am going with It is not a thing. But it is another of my lifes minor irritations and why i normally just ignore content and Brute

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Yep. Again i am not great at this stuff. First badger. So i went to the community boards. Badges section. There is a post called winter badges there from like nov30 by Voltor. He said the badge exists. No one later in the thread corrected him that i saw anyways.  Sooooo. I am going with It is not a thing. But it is another of my lifes minor irritations and why i normally just ignore content and Brute

Ah, yes I found it: " Gift Giver: give the duplicating gift to another player if they don't already have it." That info is wrong. The badge for giving the duplicating gift to another player is Gift Which Keeps Giving, which you said you already have. I would guess Voltor was typing their list up from memory and simply made a mistake about the name.

Since you said this is your first badger, let me recommend that you make use of either the badge tracker or badge checklist made by KeyboardKitsune. Having a list of badges that you can chaeck of as you earn them is quite helpful.

Edited by Ulysses Dare
  • Thanks 1