Original Hero Fridays

Solarverse

How many of you would be interested in a pre i5 Hero team running a random TF every Friday night? 

Example

Heroes only with classes and primary/secondary power sets that only existed pre i5. That means no power sets from Villain side and no power sets created after i5.

Call it... OG Fridays.

If I can at least get 8 of you interested, I'll put it together and make it happen.

11 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Does this mean no IOs as well?

That's a bit too much to ask people. I would be all for it though, hell I would even create a new character and just never slott him with IO's. However, for now, just trying to keep it simple.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

That's a bit too much to ask people. I would be all for it though, hell I would even create a new character and just never slott him with IO's. However, for now, just trying to keep it simple.

Makes sense. 

I would vote gainst costume pieces. People do love looking pretty. Although, I must admit, sometimes I question their sense of style. I'm sure people think the same thing about me though so I give them a pass. 

Is there even a way to figure out when pieces came out?

10 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

What about pool and epic/ancillaries? No Force of Will or T5s of pools/epics? Do we disallow Presence because it was so heavily changed?

What about costume pieces?

Just curious on this sort of thing 😃

I think once I get 7 other players on board, we can discuss details. That will depend on the tolerance of the players involved, or the player's ideas of just how original they want to go. I do not expect anyone to change any characters they currently have, so unless everyone agreed to create brand new characters and start from level 1, it would be a bit difficult to restrict certain pool powers or patron powers. However, if everyone were willing to start fresh, and if they agreed to only use powers (all of them) from the pre i5 era, that could most certainly happen. So to answer your question, I do not plan to get that accurate with it, however, if the other players involved would like to take it to that level, I will be all for it.

As far as costume pieces, I for one am not concerned with costume parts. However, depending on the level of nostalgia from the players, if they all agree to keep everything 100% accurate, I would also be game for this as well.

Edited by Solarverse