Slotting a 'proc' IO in a 'Pet' (non-MM)

1gecko

I am sure this has been asked and answered, but my (most likely feeble) attempts to search for it have not been fruitful =(  [admittedly, I am operating on little sleep currently]

If I slot a pet (say a Dominator pet - as I have more Dominators and Controllers than Masterminds) with an enhancement that has a proc, will the Pet's attacks trigger that proc?  Or does only the proc only have a chance of happening when the pet is summoned?

Also - though this is slotting for the character's Incarnate Abilities - I had read in Help chat that pets get the benefit of certain Incarnate bonuses/Abilities... but that is, you know, 'Help Chat' which is not necessarily reliable!  Is this true, and if so, which ones (this was the bone of contention in Help chat - people couldn't agree if it was Alpha bonuses only, not Alpha, or Interface also).

some actually (hopefully) informed information would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thank you in advance

I can't test/prove it for Domi/Troller pets but you can test the following with MM pets:

- Go to P2W vendor and get the prestige enhancement that has a chance for knockdown.

- Slot it in a MM pet (as long as you are under lvl 20 as afterward the special chance will no longer trigger)

For my new MM toons I always slot that knockdown enhancement in my first minion pets. I see them knockdown the mobs plenty of times :)

19 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

If the proc is a buff (like the force feedback proc) does the pet receive the benefit or the player?

Both, kind of... FF will fire ON YOU when the pet is summoned, giving you a buff. It will also fire ON THE PET when the pet hits with a knockdown power, giving the pet a +Recharge buff... but pet powers are coded to ignore Recharge modifiers, so the buff will exist on the pet but have no in-game effect. Not even to counter -Recharge debuffs, since pet powers ignore all Recharge modifiers including debuffs.

To give more examples, if you put a -Defense Debuff damage IO... it wouldn't fire when you summon the power since the summons didn't give a -Defense. But if the summons power gave a 15' -Defense debuffs to enemy mobs in the area where you summon a beastie, THEN it would fire. And if the beastie had a -Defense attack, it would also fire afterwards. Putting a Controller ATO in Spectral Terror will summon an Energy Font (usually) when you summon Spectral Terror, because the ATO doesn't care what kind of power is being used. And I believe that it will TRY to summon an Energy Font at the Spectral Terror's location when Spooky hits with either of its Fear attacks... but fail because the ATO is coded to only work for Controllers and Spooky isn't a Controller.

Edited by Coyote

I just dropped an Energy Manipulator:Chance to Stun into my Defender's Voltaic Sentinel. Is that the best place for it?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty