Another Hollows team takes down FrostFire

DougGraves

Last night I joined a level 24 team with my level 12, and just after I saw someone advertise for a FF team.  I missed it last night, but today someone was advertising a Hollows team so I joined.

We started with just 4 of us finishing the trolls and moving on to Flux.  We got up to 6 and were struggling with the alpha.  2 team wipes when two close spawns mowed us down.  The team leader did amazing pulls, so we managed to keep going.

Then we get a tanker and filled up to 8.  We went through the missions at +1.  We were not clearing fast and a few people fell, but we were moving much faster with a tanker.

Got to FF and by the end the mobs were below our level.  We basically pulled the whole room to the door, dropped an ice slick there and just chewed them up.

It is so fun when every player and every power matters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Last night I joined a level 24 team with my level 12, and just after I saw someone advertise for a FF team.  I missed it last night, but today someone was advertising a Hollows team so I joined.

We started with just 4 of us finishing the trolls and moving on to Flux.  We got up to 6 and were struggling with the alpha.  2 team wipes when two close spawns mowed us down.  The team leader did amazing pulls, so we managed to keep going.

Then we get a tanker and filled up to 8.  We went through the missions at +1.  We were not clearing fast and a few people fell, but we were moving much faster with a tanker.

Got to FF and by the end the mobs were below our level.  We basically pulled the whole room to the door, dropped an ice slick there and just chewed them up.

It is so fun when every player and every power matters. 

Frostfire spent so long as a defining moment in the game I think kickin' his frosty butt has become something iconinc

So gratz, and well done to you and your team

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

You thugs leave Leo alone. He is a perfect example of the hypocrisy of Paragon under the rule of the Tyrant State. Sure Leo has had his share of troubles, but know what he didnt do, beat a teen age mutant boy nearly to death and create the Clockwork King. No that would be Blue Steel, Ya know that blood thirsty shield slinger in KR.

Also lol the frost fire arc is easy as can be at level solo or in a team. If you need to pull and tank herd and choke point to exploit limited AI to win, your playing at a dif above what your team really should be running at.

Personally I only run the hollow arcs on each toon for the easy fast merits. I personally see Frosty as someone just over the line as a rogue. But deep down he wanted to be a hero. Acting like picking on him is some how noble PFFT I say.

Edited by Bentley Berkeley

I tried (again and quit as usual) to solo Bliueside all stories on a Brute. At no changes in difficulty

Frostfire was the first challenge the game really threw at me. I think (was months ago now) if i remember i did not have mez prot and forgot to bring any because had needed zero so far. Forgot he did that. A Brute can beat down anything in game at its own level. But at low level before mez prot you can be in the crapper

2 hours ago, KelvinKole said:

A lot of people, myself included, are in such a hurry to get to the endgame and max level their characters. I actually think the most fun is in the 15-30's, when you have a good selection of powers but can't just streamroll through everything. 

this, I don't understand the rush to 50 myself, when I get a character there I usually shelve them as done, and head back to the fun stuff

• Like 2

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

8 hours ago, Sgt. Terminus said:

I just wish you got a badge from taking down Frostfire.   Something like "The Original Bro" or "Bro before there were Bros" would be good names.   Also they should all be doing bicep curls on squat racks during the cut scene.

The badge should be "Simple"

• Like 2