Allow Ouroboros rewards to scale

Klaleara

On 1/12/2020 at 3:05 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

right now one of the biggest issues is a lack of end game content, so if all content can BE end game content problem solved?

from every MMO I have ever played, there is NEVER enough end game content, and never can be, I think one of the main issues causing the death of the MMOs is the concentration on end game

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

6 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

from every MMO I have ever played, there is NEVER enough end game content, and never can be, I think one of the main issues causing the death of the MMOs is the concentration on end game

Agreed. Spending waayyy to much time on end game and pvp is one of the issues that pretty much killed off mmos. That an expansionitis. The market for them is much much smaller, and unless your entrenched (like WOW) as a publisher don't even bother starting a new one.

Edited by golstat2003

4 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Agreed. Spending waayyy to much time on end game and pvp is one of the issues that pretty much killed off mmos. That an expansionitis. The market for them is much much smaller, and unless your entrenched (like WOW) as a publisher don't even bother starting a new one.

oh yeah, I missed expansion/DLC fever thats a killer as well

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

People forget a few facts:

• This game is from 2004 to 2012 - The mentality in MMOs had a gradual shift over the years
  • This is an entirely volunteer team - So the work they can and can't do may be limited or take quite a while to put forth
  • The old devs (Matt Miller, etc) have stated that COH is spaghetti coded. Take this as you will.

Right now, the content that seems feasible are:

• Power changes (Numbers, what it does, when you can get it, customization changes)
  • Costume pieces
  • Story arcs (though I've read a few times that they're not exactly bug free)
  • New simple systems (Veteran Levels)
  • Badges
  • Technically stuff thats in the files can be completed (Wharf, Sentintel supposedly?, and a few power sets) but that'll take time.

Changing how a major system (Ouroboros) works is not going to go over well. As people have pointed out there are several level-locked groups for a reason. You can't just bump a Skull to level 50 and call it a day. If you're bored then go play other games. Homecoming will be here forever. But asking for a change like this is not as easy as you might think. Nor should it be done, IMHO. 

Alternatively, get interested in the other things - badge hunting, iTrials, AE arcs that aren't farming, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Can't people just be happy 😀😀 that the game is back. I don't care if they never add a single thing to the game. It could stay in maintenance mode forever and I would still play it everyday till my dying day.

Edited by RCU7115