Energy Blast Fast Snipe Sound FX bug

Wavicle

27 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

And I have figured out the cause. As long as you use the original animations for Energy, the timing is spot on. However, if you customize the color (which oddly enough is not the same animation, the animations are far less detailed than the original) and change it to Bright and color it yourself, your snipe will now have the sound effects off from the animation. Revert it back to the Original and it fires correctly again. This can be reproduced. So the bug is with the custom Energy powerset, not the original. Which explains why some Energy Melee players are experiencing this and others are not.

Ok! so the original coloration will work, for now.  Well...thank you, everyone, for helping to narrow this down!

Hopefully the devs can take it from here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sacredlunatic said:

Confirmed.  Switching Sniper to Custom colors makes it use the wrong SFX file, from the Old instant snipe, regardless of secondary.  @Captain Powerhouse Hopefully this information helps.

I don't know for sure, but I think they are actually two different animations, besides just color. The reason why, is because I have noticed back when CoV came out, that the animation is not as crisp as the original animation. It's like the bubbly part of energy is not as shiny or something. So I am taking an educated guess when I say that they are actually two entirely different animations, but the original one was used as a template for the villain/colored version.

11 minutes ago, sacredlunatic said:

My hero!

Yup, found it here. Wish I had known this before...all that investigating, like I was actually helping or something, HAHAHA.

• Energy Blast > Sniper Blast: Fixed sound sync issues with the tintable fast cast version of the power.
  • Like 1