Will there be a PvP guide posted?

Ruby Rocket

I read through most of the threads here and I saw one small blurb on philosophy. I was curious if there was going to be anything with a how to mechanics/ philosophy/ build strategy? I haven’t been to PvP zones since live and would like to see how things are operating. With PvP, you really can’t learn much by visiting with a PvE build... except how many pixels make up the dirt. I’d reverse engineer a few builds to figure out the method, but there aren’t too many examples here to look at. I also looked at the Mids hero builder and PvP seems to be higher stats than PvE when I look at the same build, which is contradictory to what Ive read here... so Color me lost... Any help would be appreciated. ❤️🤞🏻

Edited by Ruby Rocket

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

is a pretty good starting point, maybe one day someone will write up something to get stickied, but w/e

as for the stats, squishies (most ranged toons) get 40% resistance passively in pvp zones, that then gets diminishing returns. generally you cant trust most of the numbers in pines as they dont take DR into account

On 1/24/2020 at 2:41 PM, Ruby Rocket said:

I read through most of the threads here and I saw one small blurb on philosophy. I was curious if there was going to be anything with a how to mechanics/ philosophy/ build strategy? I haven’t been to PvP zones since live and would like to see how things are operating. With PvP, you really can’t learn much by visiting with a PvE build... except how many pixels make up the dirt. I’d reverse engineer a few builds to figure out the method, but there aren’t too many examples here to look at. I also looked at the Mids hero builder and PvP seems to be higher stats than PvE when I look at the same build, which is contradictory to what Ive read here... so Color me lost... Any help would be appreciated. ❤️🤞🏻

The PvP discord is a much larger resource for builds / help / etc.  You can hop over there if you want to ask questions and get real time feedback/answers.  As for guides, there isn't really a one size fits all.  There is arena PvP, Zone PvP, fight club, solo builds, team builds.  1 v 1 builds, 2 v 2 small matches type builds.  8 v 8 builds, etc.  Each group has different things going on, different priorities, different goals.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dan Petro said:

The PvP discord is a much larger resource for builds / help / etc.  You can hop over there if you want to ask questions and get real time feedback/answers.  As for guides, there isn't really a one size fits all.  There is arena PvP, Zone PvP, fight club, solo builds, team builds.  1 v 1 builds, 2 v 2 small matches type builds.  8 v 8 builds, etc.  Each group has different things going on, different priorities, different goals.  

This is why you won't see one guide for PvP. I haven't even done any competitive PvP since Homecoming came up - my last try was as one of the worst emps and an occasional taunt-bot on a beta arena league a few months before the NC servers were shut down - but even then the ideas were varied. The PvP community has always been helpful (at least for me) for specific questions, but sometimes you don't know the questions to ask until, as was posted earlier, you just jump in and go.

• Like 1

• 3 months later
On 1/25/2020 at 5:49 AM, barrier said:

My suggestion is to just jump in.

Watch for Smol KBs being posted. Respec a toon based on that build philosophy thread. Join the PVP discord. Compare your build against those posted.

This is super old but if u havent tried it alrdy GM Smol hosts Smol KBs and its actually a fun time. Go there at least once if u have not tried it yet

www.YouTube.com/TehArticPro