Question about Darkest Night

TinyH

Hello. I am one of the many who have made new Illusion controllers this week. I went with Ill/Dark.  I have a question about Darkest Night. When I cast if on an enemy and that enemy dies, the toggle stays on for a little while. At times even after starting another mob it is still running. My question is, is it doing anything? Should I shut it off as soon as my anchor dies then reapply? I have zero experience with. 

9 minutes ago, TinyH said:

Hello. I am one of the many who have made new Illusion controllers this week. I went with Ill/Dark.  I have a question about Darkest Night. When I cast if on an enemy and that enemy dies, the toggle stays on for a little while. At times even after starting another mob it is still running. My question is, is it doing anything? Should I shut it off as soon as my anchor dies then reapply? I have zero experience with. 

The power is still active when the enemy dies. It is anchored to their lifeless body until the enemy disappears. So have no fear, you are still getting the benefits. Now...if you move to a new mob, the dead guy can't follow, so at that time you should shut off the power and reapply to a new enemy.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

As a FYI all anchored debuffs work this way now, not just Darkest Night.  Toss 'em into the group and turn 'em off when you move on so they're ready to toss at the next group.

It's definitely better than the old days where your anchor would always be the first mob the group killed and then the debuff was gone.  It was almost magical the way no matter what mob you toss your debuff on would always be the first one killed.  "Oh look!  That mob is GLOWING, kill him first!"  You could tell the team 20 times a mission to save the glowie guy for last but it was no use, it was always "GLOWIE MOB!  KILL IT NOW!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler