Kinetic Melee

Snarky

Help me understand this set please.

A fee things; I found a character i like this set on. Thus is not in any AT section because i want input on the set not the AT.  There is more traffic here and therefore a better shot at getting answers

soooo.  How does the boost power work on this set? 

my experience; i’ve been playing this on a Brute but Friday night i started a Tank and now i have an incarnate 50 with this set. 

My observations; on a Tank i am spamming Taunt and using the two AoE as the bulk of my work. I ran a bunch if TF on it and unless i was on a Elite Boss or AV this was the bulk of my work. After hours working with it i finally got into a rhythm of hitting the buff, hitting one or two quick attacks to build up a bit then launching the AoEs

on an AV i go into single target mode. I hit the buff do some quick attacks then the big attacks

Kinetic Melee is very odd. It has a ranged mode. This is short range (30-40) but it is definitely playable at that range.  Which means the buff is not available because that is fed by melee attacks (right???). This works really well for the Mage Tank i rolled both conceptually visually and playstyle wise. My only issue is knockback. I crammed the build with sets and left no room for KB—>>KD procs. In fact until i did my level 50 respec i had a proc in the PBAoE that had a KB chance. When that hit they went flying. If i buffed up and gained a couple stacks in the Kinetic buff then hit the AoE and it proc’d?  Fughedaboutit. They sailed like Atlas Park hellions hit by a Judgement power. I respec’d out of that and It seems less of a problem now. The cone still does knockback. I actually like that as it can be useful if you take the time to “forcefully herd” the enemies.  It can be a pain for your ST melee teammates.  The key is using it smartly

any advice on this set, breakdown of using the powers and especially a better explanation of the buff power would be appreciated thanks

is there a guide somewhere?  Just thought about that but already tyoed all this out so j am posting it lol

thanks

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

80 views 1 day 0 replies

am i seriously the only person weird enough to find a use for Kinetic Melee?

I haven't run it to any degree on anything but a Stalker, although I tried a KM/EA Brute right after the set came out.

As for how Power Siphon works, you get a +damage buff while it's active when you hit things, and it's limited to 5 stacks; I don't remember offhand how much each stack provides since it's been a while and Stalkers get Build Up. If you've used Hybrid Assault Core, it's similar in effect.

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

soooo.  How does the boost power work on this set? 

my experience; i’ve been playing this on a Brute but Friday night i started a Tank and now i have an incarnate 50 with this set. 

My observations; on a Tank i am spamming Taunt and using the two AoE as the bulk of my work. I ran a bunch if TF on it and unless i was on a Elite Boss or AV this was the bulk of my work. After hours working with it i finally got into a rhythm of hitting the buff, hitting one or two quick attacks to build up a bit then launching the AoEs

on an AV i go into single target mode. I hit the buff do some quick attacks then the big attacks

Kinetic Melee is very odd. It has a ranged mode. This is short range (30-40) but it is definitely playable at that range.  Which means the buff is not available because that is fed by melee attacks (right???). This works really well for the Mage Tank i rolled both conceptually visually and playstyle wise. My only issue is knockback. I crammed the build with sets and left no room for KB—>>KD procs. In fact until i did my level 50 respec i had a proc in the PBAoE that had a KB chance. When that hit they went flying. If i buffed up and gained a couple stacks in the Kinetic buff then hit the AoE and it proc’d?  Fughedaboutit. They sailed like Atlas Park hellions hit by a Judgement power. I respec’d out of that and It seems less of a problem now. The cone still does knockback. I actually like that as it can be useful if you take the time to “forcefully herd” the enemies.  It can be a pain for your ST melee teammates.  The key is using it smartly

any advice on this set, breakdown of using the powers and especially a better explanation of the buff power would be appreciated thanks

is there a guide somewhere?  Just thought about that but already tyoed all this out so j am posting it lol

thanks

I already mentioned this over the Scrapper forums, I believe.

Basically the Stalker version is the better KM, IMO. What you do is not use the big attacks but spam the first three. You'll do as much damage but not be locked into a super long animation. What the Build-up version does is giving a +damage stacking buff so you do super fast attacks to build it up and then keep on going nuts while it lasts, no big pauses or it runs out and needs to be stacked again which is one of the reasons the big attacks aren't a good thing and sticking to the first three attacks is what ought to be done.

As for not being able to stick a KB>KD IO it sounds like you need a better tweaked build, if you'll link me yours I can take a gander.

I made a KM Tank got to 35 but was underwhelmed then found out scrapper version even though close to the same it had a different mechanic where the crit refreshed power siphon  and with the AT IO proc makes it almost permanent.  Never tried it but herd it was the best. If you want simpler mechanic stalkers have build up and Tanks and Brutes were a after thoughts.  

Edited by Ironscarlet

The reason i slapped it on Tanker is the AoE changes.  And they are generous enough that you might want to look.  Also with the weird arm motions i was able to make a joke Tank Mage and to me that is priceless

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 2