Jump to content

Account/Server Vault System


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, borgking001a said:

Like other games I have played, they have an account wide inventory system, could we please get that in this game please?  It annoys me when I want to transfer Reward Merits to one of my other characters.

I wouldn't mind an inventory that's shared per account, in addition to keeping the existing one per character.  Right now, the closest we have to that is the in-game mail system, which is a bit cumbersome.

 

FYI: did you know that you can convert 50 Reward Merits into a single Hero or Villain Merit?  You can then mail that Hero/Villain Merit to another character, who can re-convert them back into 50 Reward Merits.  This makes transferring a bit easier.  Check out the Convert tab of the merit vending machine for more details.

 

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I understand your request, as it has been debated in many such posts.

 

That said, similar to many others, I strongly vote no.

 

Additionally, there are ways to move them via the vendor by converting 50 at a time.

 

Sorry, I'm against this.

That's about 20 Hero/Villain Merits I would be mailing to my other character.  I also like to send multiple recipes to other characters, it is very time consuming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, borgking001a said:

I also like to send multiple recipes to other characters, it is very time consuming

1. Make base, 

 

2. Add salvage (orange only has worth) and enhancement storage, tables and racks for 100 each. Invention table. Teleports up to you.

 

3. Set properties for tables/racks and salvage "loot all" ,  make enhancements and drop off in tables.

 

4. ???

 

5. Profit!?!?  " /altinvite Alt name ", promote to commander.  Instant transfer when you log in alt character, only thing wasted is time making and picking up, no email.

 

Merits - don't think they work salvage racks.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

1. Make base, 

 

2. Add salvage (orange only has worth) and enhancement storage, tables and racks for 100 each. Invention table. Teleports up to you.

 

3. Set properties for tables/racks and salvage "loot all" ,  make enhancements and drop off in tables.

 

4. ???

 

5. Profit!?!?  " /altinvite Alt name ", promote to commander.  Instant transfer when you log in alt character, only thing wasted is time making and picking up, no email.

 

Merits - don't think they work salvage racks.

Do they have a recipe table?  No, they do not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, borgking001a said:

Do they have a recipe table?  No, they do not.

Read carefully 

6 minutes ago, borgking001a said:

3. Set properties for tables/racks and salvage "loot all" ,  make enhancements and drop off in tables.

You alt doesn't have to make the enhancements, the primary can.

 

Think more creatively before you sound bitter, work with what you got and you can solve any problem with out asking for an suggestion that might take until I-nfinity is released.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Read carefully 

You alt doesn't have to make the enhancements, the primary can.

 

Think more creatively before you sound bitter, work with what you got and you can solve any problem with out asking for an suggestion that might take until I-nfinity is released.

My two characters, which have their own SG bases cannot access the other ones tables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion, since it is possible to transfer enhancements and salvage from an alt to another using the SG base, it would make sense to just create an account vault system to make things easier. Maybe you can just use the vault in pocket D having all alts of the same account access to the same space.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm why not make use of the ingame Vaults ?

technical we dont use them anymore!

 

And create there an account wide inventory system or something simular?

So ppl use the Vaults gain 😄 and we have more life in the Banks

Edited by SlyfoX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, borgking001a said:

My two characters, which have their own SG bases cannot access the other ones tables.

Ok, you did not mention that.  What I said, I do with one base and easier.  Having 2 different SG is a waste unless you are in a group of friends.  My SG base is just the entrance, enough room to hold IO table, store 800 enhancements and about 1000 red salvage.

 

Alternative is make a secondary account and alt-trading, its is not against the rules.  Trade what you need once and trade back; its a hell of a lot easier and less cumbersome than mailing 70 enhancements to a same account character.  Can do it far faster then waiting for something that may or may not happen.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

You alt doesn't have to make the enhancements, the primary can.

You assume the alt with the recipe is also the alt with the money to buy the salvage.  You also assume the alt with the recipe is the one you want to craft for badges on.

Your solution solves the problem of "how do I get an enhancement to another toon?" - but that wasn't the question asked.  The question asked was "how do I get a recipe to another toon?"

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, borgking001a said:

My two characters, which have their own SG bases cannot access the other ones tables.

Then quit one SG, join the other SG temporarily, use that SG's equipment, then quit that SG, and rejoin the other SG again.  I have multiple characters in multiple SGs and I do this pretty frequently.  As long as you have complete control over at least one of the SGs, and permissions to altinvite into any of the others, it's not that difficult to do.

  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SlyfoX said:

Hmm why not make use of the ingame Vaults ?

technical we dont use them anymore!

 

And create there an account wide inventory system or something simular?

So ppl use the Vaults gain 😄 and we have more life in the Banks

Yes, that's a good idea.  It's too bad they don't already work that way.  Perhaps they can repurpose them for that.

 

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

You assume the alt with the recipe is also the alt with the money to buy the salvage.  You also assume the alt with the recipe is the one you want to craft for badges on.

Your solution solves the problem of "how do I get an enhancement to another toon?" - but that wasn't the question asked.  The question asked was "how do I get a recipe to another toon?"

And the answer to latter question is: use the in-game email system to mail the recipe to your global name.  Anything that can be traded or auctioned can be sent via email: Influence, Enhancements, Salvage, Recipes, etc.  It's cumbersome, but it's functional.  It's not convenient, but it's functional.

  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rathulfr said:

And the answer to latter question is: use the in-game email system to mail the recipe to your global name.  Anything that can be traded or auctioned can be sent via email: Influence, Enhancements, Salvage, Recipes, etc.  It's cumbersome, but it's functional.  It's not convenient, but it's functional.

Which circles us right back to the original post - a request to supplement or supplant that cumbersome and inconvenient system.

  • Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I already know where this is going, read my signature first before you react.

 

*cracks knuckles*

 

Lets begin.

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

You assume 

1. Email is currently available to transfer, I know that and its a pain in the ass.

2. Account wide vault is going to ASAP in which ISSUE?  Ask the EQ devs, it didn't happen for a long time except they started in EQ2. CoH is 2004, never implemented by Live Devs

3. I would assume anyone could solve a problem with what they got first.  Easier to work with what you got instead of hope and a lot of patience.  Off topic, there is an age bracket my brother and I bitch about who can't solve a simple problem with logic to narrow down the possibility as to why 2 machines are not working...plugging two machines that draw a lot of power each from the same wall socket will cause that surge protect to shut off.  Its not broken I can tell you that 🤔 but they can slam the smart phones with the best of them, I am slow as hell on them.

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

alt with the recipe is also the alt with the money to buy the salvage.

1. 250, 750, 2000, 550k...give or take is the price of each type of salvage bracket

2. Email does exist, and it is a hell of easier to send  cover costs then sending 70 recipes

3. "Game shits out influence and experience" - some guy on Indomitable.  I find it funny.

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

You also assume the alt with the recipe is the one you want to craft for badges on.

1. How many characters are you gonna badge hunt on?  I think I saw a mention of just over 1000 for their hunter in LFG/Help on Indomitable and something like 1500 in some random post.  So its, *counts* A lot of badges.  Good luck, I haven't bothered since live because I did way to many characters and it exhausted me spending just 1 day each when there was like 500 just for the out random location ones..

2. The one with the badge for crafting, well you can build and shove them onto the tables, log out and back on to slot them. 🤔 

3. Anyone can build, but hey what ever floats your boat.  Multiple characters for badges, you got a lot of free time on your hands and a single location to do it in.

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Your solution solves the problem of "how do I get an enhancement to another toon?

1. Correct - enhancement is easier to drop on a table then sending a ton of recipes.

2. See last quote above this one, you can use a simple solution instead of a suggestion that may or may not happen.  Most suggestions have merit, except outrageous ones.  This one by the OP is a better one from all the crazy ones in this forum and I am not trying to give a flag as mine might be better.  Offering a solution to solve the problem.

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

but that wasn't the question asked. 

1. Suggestion was first for account wide vault.  

2. 4 posts down, the OP in second post says "I also like to send multiple recipes to other characters, it is very time consuming." More of a statement then a question lacking ? mark

57 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

"how do I get a recipe to another toon?"

1. I gave 2 suggestions

  1. Build one base and use the tables, also can easily just badge hunt building all those IO using what ever toon you have...in one locations.
  2. Use alt account - crappy suggestion I gave but it works and is just as time consuming as email...it just works in bulk trading.
    1. Using an alt account also as a farmer to PL your self if you want, I got a build that just rocks things and it isn't even Incarnate yet.

2. Your assumption of your response is ?  Sounds like you got offended, see my signature again.

 

edit: God I am tired, might find spelling and grammar errors.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Which circles us right back to the original post - a request to supplement or supplant that cumbersome and inconvenient system.

Right: I was merely answering the specific question.  If you read up the thread, you'll see that I actually agree with the OP that an account-wide inventory mechanism of some kind would indeed be nice, and I support the idea.  It's a +1 from me! 🙂

  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll add a "yes please" to this as well.  In game email works but "cumbersome" is a bit of an understatement.  Making the Vault account wide -- not server wide like a base but *account* wide so you can access it from other servers -- would be really helpful.

 

That said I know developer time is precious right now, so I'm not expecting it soon.  Hopefully the business with NC Soft gets finalized and Homecoming can turn their attention to getting some more folks onboard to help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

I was merely answering the specific question.  If you read up the thread, you'll see that I actually agree with the OP that an account-wide inventory mechanism of some kind would indeed be nice, and I support the idea.  It's a +1 from me! 🙂


*nods*  I was just addressing replies that I (rightly or wrongly) perceive as saying "we don't need anything new as we already have a [inconvenient and incomplete]  system".  To some degree this thread has morphed from one discussing the proposed system to one giving advice (in some cases, commandments) as to how to circumvent the limitations of the existing system(s).

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Base storage of recipes is hard/time consuming to implement. Bases are hacky in CoH.

 

When you add things to storage they get written as base "decorations" and when you remove they are changed back. Ever notice how the base flashes lighting when you add? Ever notice how the order gets screwy if you remove too quickly?

 

It will take a great deal of work to allow greater/more/different storage.

 

I vote Yes on recipe storage

 

I place this at medium to low priority for Dev time resource expenditure.

 

I vote no on account wide storage as previously mentioned.

 

Friends, the game really is easy enough and we have tools. Do we want new missions, new content, new powers... or recipe storage? My opinion is we request the greatest fun return for limited resources, versus a minor QoL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

1. Make base, 

 

2. Add salvage (orange only has worth) and enhancement storage, tables and racks for 100 each. Invention table. Teleports up to you.

 

3. Set properties for tables/racks and salvage "loot all" ,  make enhancements and drop off in tables.

 

4. ???

 

5. Profit!?!?  " /altinvite Alt name ", promote to commander.  Instant transfer when you log in alt character, only thing wasted is time making and picking up, no email.

 

Merits - don't think they work salvage racks.

Alternatively, make an account based inventory feature like most every other MMO on the market now currently has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Alternatively, make an account based inventory feature like most every other MMO on the market now currently has. 

Alternatively, 2004 game that doesn't support and never did have it implemented nor is it a MMO on the current market, small staff of volunteers tweaking more things,  and trying to suggest a viable solution now to help deal with the situation instead of using hope, dreams, pixie dust, and unicorn farts on something may be far into the feature.

 

Alternatively, I can have everyone assume I am idiot suggestion what you can do now to deal with the issue of transfer of all items (Might I mention recipes don't need to be trade as any character can build them and then trade/table drop/email) while you all praise an suggestion on that something is "an annoying thing" because it doesn't exist.

 

Can always gripe, moan, and complain "how annoying it is" or just kick the problem in the balls to solve it.  Can it be implemented, I don't care but if you got a problem work with what you got NOW! That is what I am trying to say.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I think you're missing the point of "Suggestions & Feedback."

Clearly.

3 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Alternatively, 2004 game that doesn't support and never did have it implemented nor is it a MMO on the current market, small staff of volunteers tweaking more things,  and trying to suggest a viable solution now to help deal with the situation instead of using hope, dreams, pixie dust, and unicorn farts on something may be far into the feature.

 

Alternatively, I can have everyone assume I am idiot suggestion what you can do now to deal with the issue of transfer of all items (Might I mention recipes don't need to be trade as any character can build them and then trade/table drop/email) while you all praise an suggestion on that something is "an annoying thing" because it doesn't exist.

 

Can always gripe, moan, and complain "how annoying it is" or just kick the problem in the balls to solve it.  Can it be implemented, I don't care but if you got a problem work with what you got NOW! That is what I am trying to say.

Going to go out on a limb here and say no one has suggested this is not a large amount of work, not a simple thing to implement and is most likely a feature that would be far off, if ever.  With that said, perhaps read what @gameboy1234 posted above and let it sink in for a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...