Adjust Overbearingly Loud Souds

37 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@Oubliette_Red with all this talk, I now kinda want to make a desktop app with a user interface that can do all of the work for you... what do you think?

If I had the knowledge to do so, I'd be on it in a New York minute.

😄

Heck, I wish there we a way in-game to flip a toggle and see what audio files are being played. As you full well know, many sfx are not so self-explanatory. But I'm pretty sure that would require a dev working on the game.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:20 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

You wanted a solution, I provided one. If it's REALLY bothering you that much, there's a way to resolve it, if you're willing to put in the work. If you're not, then I guess it doesn't really bother you badly enough.

Who died and made you Sir Loin of Beef.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:20 AM, The Philotic Knight said:

You wanted a solution, I provided one. If it's REALLY bothering you that much, there's a way to resolve it, if you're willing to put in the work. If you're not, then I guess it doesn't really bother you badly enough.

I've silenced or replaced a handful of sounds.

But like OP, I have the game's overall volume set to around 5% and game music turned off.  Game noises still overpower any other sounds from my PC.

If you make your app, I'd love to export all the sound files and adjust their gain down by 50% - 75% so I'd get more granularity from the volume control.

I love the game's atmospherics and the sound effects overall, it's just so loud I have to turn it way down and then the finer sounds get lost.

But when an Earth or Ice controller drops an AoE and the thunder and glacier sounds rumble... love that.