Clockwork not always spawning gears

Noyjitat

I farm this badge often and I gotta say I don't ever recall the larger clockwork not spawning gears when you kill them. Noticed it tonight when I was in perez park. Killed assembler princes, tesla princes and cannon princes which before would always spawn gears. Now it isn't as reliable. One spawn had 2 assembler princes and neither spawned gears while the next spawn had 2 and only one spawned gears. Same story for tesla and cannon princes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Not all Clockwork Bosses spawn Sprokets. The following do:

• Assembler Duke (lvl 1-10) (Boss)
  • Assembler Prince (lvl 11-20) (Boss)
  • Clockwork Lord (lvl 10-20) (Elite Boss)

Cannon Duke, Tesla Duke, Cannon Prince and Tesla Prince don't spawn Sprockets.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

• Developer

Did a bit more digging, none of this is new but:

• The summoning power in question requires them to be alive.
  • They need at least 7 endurance to summon the sprokets.
  • Its AI use is restricted to mid-battle. This means their HP must be above 25% but under 50%.
  • Kill them too fast, they will never get to summon Srpokets.
  • And of course, if they are held or mezzed during the valid window, they wont be doing it either.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Not all Clockwork Bosses spawn Sprokets.

The report was that Gears weren't being created after a Clockwork Boss dies, not that Sprockets weren't being summoned during the fight.

From the OP:

On 2/4/2020 at 11:03 PM, Noyjitat said:

not spawning gears when you kill them.

I just think that you might be looking for a problem that wasn't reported, and missing the one that was. I haven't noticed the reported issue, but I also haven't gone after any clockwork since it was reported.

Edited by siolfir
  • Thanks 1

Ran a Synapse last night and I didn't notice Gears not spawning when any of the bosses were defeated.  Then again I got Gearsmasher halfway through the first mish and may not have noticed if they didn't spawn.  It may be an open world vs instance issue. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Again... GEARS, CP... *Not Sprockets*.

They aren't talking about the adds/re-enforcements that are summoned while the Clock boss is alive. They're talking about the little things that pop up after the Prince bosses are defeated. In the past that's been reliable. It happens every time... The only variable has been the number of Gears you get. (2-5, I think? It's been awhile since I went farming for them-) 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• Developer

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

The only variable has been the number of Gears you get.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, Captain Powerhouse said:

That might be a bit different from before, it is likely that this used to be a 75% roll for each individual spawn, but that still means 3 out of 4 should spawn those.