Help with Corpse Explosion/Extraction bind

Wavicle

Warshade bind/macro question: I'm trying to create a bind (or if impossible as a bind then a macro) that will on first press target the nearest enemy corpse, if Unchain is recharged immediately (or on second press if necessary) blow it up, and on subsequent keypresses summon a pet if Extraction is recharged, and if Unchain is not recharged immediately summon a pet.

The bind I currently have is not quite working properly:

/bind g "+$$target_custom_near defeated enemy$$powexec_name Dark Extraction$$powexec_name Unchain Essence"

Anyone know how to do this or something like this?

I use a single keypress for toggling on sprint and ninja run. For that I have to start with "+down$$..." to make it do both. I don't remember why having a movement direction in there was important, but it works. Note also you have to hold the key down for a little bit longer to actually get it to execute the second one on key up. If you tap the key too fast it will do just one of the toggles (or executions in your case). I've never done two powexecs in a single keypress, so can't verify that it will definitely work like toggles do.

The other way to do it is set one of the execs to Auto in the bind. I don't think that's what you want here though, as the auto would be blocked from executing if the other wasn't recharged yet and able to fire.

Dark Extraction auto selects a corpse nearby. The only potential gotcha is it selecting a corpse that has been dead for a while and it expires before it spawns your Extracted Essence. 

When summoning pets I just click the ability when I'm near corpses or if I want to be sure they won't expire I will kill a minion and then stand near it and click Dark Extraction to select its corpse. 

The trick with Unchain Essence is to click Dark Extraction first which will target a corpse and then click Unchain Essence. This should work the same if you have the two abilities bound to keys instead of clicking them in the tray. 

Hope it helps.

17 minutes ago, BroFoSho said:

Dark Extraction auto selects a corpse nearby. The only potential gotcha is it selecting a corpse that has been dead for a while and it expires before it spawns your Extracted Essence. 

When summoning pets I just click the ability when I'm near corpses or if I want to be sure they won't expire I will kill a minion and then stand near it and click Dark Extraction to select its corpse. 

The trick with Unchain Essence is to click Dark Extraction first which will target a corpse and then click Unchain Essence. This should work the same if you have the two abilities bound to keys instead of clicking them in the tray. 

Hope it helps.

100% this. I don’t play with binds and it makes firing off both powers painless as a clicker. I click Dark Extraction, it auto-selects a nearby corpse, then use Unchain Essence and then blow up the corpse.

Unless they changed something.. you'll need to update your bind(s).  You can only execute one power in a bind.  If you have two powers it will try to run the last power in the line, in your example "Unchain Essence".  On the first activation it will succeed (assuming criteria are set) on the second activation it will 'queue' Unchain Essence for another activation and never actually reach Dark Extraction.

For example I have a keybind for targeting Cysts, Voids and Quantum.  It looks like this:

/bind KEY "target_enemy_next$$target_custom_next enemy alive quantum$$target_custom_next enemy alive void$$target_custom_next enemy alive cyst"

In order of operations pressing my key will target a living hostile 'thing' named Cyst.  Then something named void, then something named quantum.

Fun Fact, if you don't target an enemy you see just how many players put "Quantum" or "Void" in their name.  Was a real problem back during the Halloween apartment smash.

Here's my bind for corpse-targeting and Dark Extracion:

/bind KEY "+$$target_customer_near enemy defeated$$powexecname Dark Extraction$$"

I'm working from memory so I might have juxtaposed "enemy" and "defeated".  I had some trouble with this on Sunday and what I discovered is that while I can target Cyst with "target_custom_next enemy alive cyst" I -must- use "target_custom_near enemy defeated" for Dark Extraction/Unchain Essence.

+$$ is a trigger in the binding that activates your command on keypress and again on release.  At least, that's what I'm told and so far it's working for me.

• Like 1

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

9 minutes ago, egoprovince said:

Unless they changed something.. you'll need to update your bind(s).  You can only execute one power in a bind.  If you have two powers it will try to run the last power in the line, in your example "Unchain Essence".  On the first activation it will succeed (assuming criteria are set) on the second activation it will 'queue' Unchain Essence for another activation and never actually reach Dark Extraction.

For example I have a keybind for targeting Cysts, Voids and Quantum.  It looks like this:

/bind KEY "target_enemy_next$$target_custom_next enemy alive quantum$$target_custom_next enemy alive void$$target_custom_next enemy alive cyst"

In order of operations pressing my key will target a living hostile 'thing' named Cyst.  Then something named void, then something named quantum.

Fun Fact, if you don't target an enemy you see just how many players put "Quantum" or "Void" in their name.  Was a real problem back during the Halloween apartment smash.

Here's my bind for corpse-targeting and Dark Extracion:

/bind KEY "+$$target_customer_near enemy defeated$$powexecname Dark Extraction$$"

I'm working from memory so I might have juxtaposed "enemy" and "defeated".  I had some trouble with this on Sunday and what I discovered is that while I can target Cyst with "target_custom_next enemy alive cyst" I -must- use "target_custom_near enemy defeated" for Dark Extraction/Unchain Essence.

+$$ is a trigger in the binding that activates your command on keypress and again on release.  At least, that's what I'm told and so far it's working for me.

For that second bind I think you mean target_custom_near, unless you work in retail. Then you can use target_customer_near. 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, siolfir said:

For that second bind I think you mean target_custom_near, unless you work in retail. Then you can use target_customer_near. 🙂

You're right.  Clearly I need more coffee..

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

• 4 months later