Any Time/Beam builds?

Menelruin

So I've seen praise on here for both Beam and Time powersets, but haven't seen anything posted about combining them.  There were a handful in the "3500+ builds" folder, but most seemed to place a higher emphasis on the blasts than the supports.  I'm torn about what way to go also, because I've heard that certain Hami-Os can be AMAZING in the right Time powers, such as Farsight and Slowed Reactions, but I'm not seeing much use of them in the Time-centric build I was eyeing.  I've also heard that Time can be a proc-monster potentially.  Has anyone else tried this pairing yet?

It looks like it's a good pairing. Time's only downside is its regeneration debuff is rather weak, but you can supplement it with Beam Rifle's attacks. Plus both sets offer up good proc options.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

You can take one of the PBU builds and work that with Clarion Radial for more support.  PBU*Clarion Radial T4*farsight is plain silly. 4b is a beam translation and pretty close to what I ran on live (live wasn't beam).  (Note: if you use PBU or Clarion Radial you can NOT recast farsight when they are down, or you will overwrite a 35-45 defense bubble with a 20 defense bubble.)

As for procs, that wasn't a thing at that time, and I've not looked at those builds since.

The offensive build would be my choice ...

Time Beam Sniper - Quarterback 1 - [i25].mxd

Time Beam - Sorcery 4b - [i25].mxd

Edited by Linea
  • Thanks 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

35 minutes ago, Linea said:

You can take one of the PBU builds and work that with Clarion Radial for more support.  PBU*Clarion Radial T4*farsight is plain silly. 4b is a beam translation and pretty close to what I ran on live (live wasn't beam).  (Note: if you use PBU or Clarion Radial you can NOT recast farsight when they are down, or you will overwrite a 35-45 defense bubble with a 20 defense bubble.)

As for procs, that wasn't a thing at that time, and I've not looked at those builds since.

The offensive build would be my choice ...

Time Beam Sniper - Quarterback 1 - [i25].mxd 5.54 kB · 1 download

Time Beam - Sorcery 4b - [i25].mxd 5.55 kB · 0 downloads

What does PBU mean?  Power Build Up?

53 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

What does PBU mean?  Power Build Up?

Correct, power build up. And if you use the suggested combo, remember that order matters. You will want to go Clarion, then PBU, then Farsight. Do it in that order, and the boost multiplies (+32.1265%). Do it in the other order (PBU, Clarion, Farsight) results in only added boosts (+22.2925%).

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Clarion*PBU*Farsight is the order I use due to duration 12 on Clarion and Duration 10 on PBU, I should have been more clear, it didn't occur to me.  

Clarion Radial should not be modifying PBU, this is probably a bug. 

• Like 1

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Melee offers up Status Protection which is very helpful. Since Time is an ideal tankmage set, Melee pairs well with it. Personally, I wish I had grabbed it myself (went with Assault for the hell of it).

• Thanks 1

Slows do not count.

Rune/Hybrid (Core T4)/Rune/Demonic/Kitchen Sink add significantly to your survivability.  Overkill if you're not soloing +4x8 or main-tanking, so it's going to vary significantly by player.  If you aren't going melee, I'd recommend Assault Radial.

• Thanks 1