Marauder spawns +11 in Ouro Arc

Mikewho

Come on.  You got this. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 3 years later

Dredging this up because it's happening in the arc in regular play (meaning, not Flashback).  Marauder spawned at level 40, my character was level 28.  The mission can't be finished without a GM or using auto-complete.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Dredging this up because it's happening in the arc in regular play (meaning, not Flashback).  Marauder spawned at level 40, my character was level 28.  The mission can't be finished without a GM or using auto-complete.

Not a bug.  It's quite intentional.  You're meant to run past Marauder and avoid him at all costs.  Same thing happens in Neuron's story arc, where a level 40 Anti-Matter comes to bring you pain if you don't exit the mission in time.  They're not meant to be beatable.  You're meant to get out of those missions ASAP.

Edited by Astralock

14 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Not a bug.  It's quite intentional.  You're meant to run past Marauder and avoid him at all costs.  Same thing happens in Neuron's story arc, where a level 40 Anti-Matter comes to bring you pain if you don't exit the mission in time.  They're not meant to be beatable.  You're meant to get out of those missions ASAP.

I did run past him.  He followed me to the top floor and pasted me before I reached either exit.  When I returned, he came back up to the top floor and pasted me again.  Ran back again and tried entering and immediately exiting, the mission didn't complete.  Zoned back into the mission and ran to the other exit, past Marauder again (he hadn't gone back downstairs yet), the mission didn't complete.  Went back in and was gibbed before I could even move.  I ran back again and he came barreling up to the top floor and put me on the floor for a fourth time.  I cleared all of the IDF ambushes on my final return to the mission, and mercifully, Marauder stayed downstairs that time, and it still wouldn't complete.

The nav window never said "Find the mission exit", neither of the exits completed the mission.  I had to call for a GM (thanks again, @GM Crumpet) to finish.

image.thumb.jpeg.13156da1b06f5f5180c6ab2bfcdbfcb2.jpeg

It seems to me that avoidance is not the final objective of this mission.  I ran past Marauder and reached the top floor, the mission didn't complete.  I tried both exits, the mission didn't complete.  And there's no avoiding a Hurl with a range of 310 feet (there just isn't enough room to get out of that range on this map), used by a +12 EB (all but guaranteed to hit).  I met every conceivable condition for "avoid", including staying outside long enough for Marauder to reset and stop charging up the stairs to use my face as a mop, and the mission just would not end.  

So that left me to conclude that there was supposed to be a token fight.  He attacks, I defend myself, a few seconds later, the "Find the mission exit" text would pop up on my nav bar, or Master Midnight would teleport me out of the mission.  Beating him probably wasn't supposed to happen, I agree with you on that point, but fighting Marauder was the only thing I didn't try, and couldn't, not when he was +12 to my character.

The problem, as I see it, is that the wrong Marauder is used on this mission.  The Marauder currently used is https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=marauder_marauder.  That Marauder has a minimum spawn level of 40.  This mission should be using https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=event_praetorianinvasion_marauder, which has a minimum spawn level of 20.  Same powers across the board, but this one scales down to an appropriate level.

But maybe I just encountered one of those weird bugs where the game flips you the bird and leaves you hanging.  Maybe the mission was supposed to complete as soon as I reached the top floor, or exited, or when I was defeated, or whatever, and it just skipped over that part because it's old and decrepit.  Even so, I still think a level-appropriate Marauder would be more rational than a psycho level 40 Marauder with the ability to follow you everywhere you go and instagib you before the game can register the mission as complete.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah, the nav doesn't direct you IIRC, but there's a door on the floor below the top floor that is an exit.  Exiting that door will complete the mission, or at least it should.

Again though, Marauder himself isn't a bug.  The game tells you that you have to try to survive him, but you are not meant to be able to beat him in any way, shape, or form.  Just like the level 15-19 mission from Neuron with level 40 Anti-Matter.