RAD Group Still Powerful!

Abraxus

Last night, myself, and three of my mates from the old days of the LIVE server, got together and recreated our RAD-based group.  All of us have the RAD buff/debuff powers, and it is just as fun as I remember it from so long ago!  Originally, we were a group of 8, and comprised mostly of Controllers, and Defenders.  Now, we have added Corrupters to the mix, which was not an option back then, and it makes up a bit for the lower numbers on the team.  We hope to be at 6 next week, for even more wrecking-machine goodness, which will necessitate turning up the difficulty dial to keep things interesting.  I'll just say that Accelerated Metabolism x 4 is fantastic, and Enervating field x4 put on ANY bad guy (or a couple of them to spread the radiation goodness), just makes them melt like butter.  We did the majority of Positron 1 last night, and hope to finish next week, before moving on to Posi 2.  But, I'm already looking forward to filling out our builds with more things like AOE, PBAOE attacks to make us even more effective. 

All that said, the destructive goodness was great, but what was really special was playing with folks I had not shared this game with for almost 10 years.  And that is really what makes this game fun.  The interaction it facilitates, around a Super Hero background, that promotes teaming, and cooperation.  It's just something I didn't get from any other MMO I tried, even the other Super Hero MMOs. 

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

7 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Well if your on EL, I can always spin up my dark/rad troller if you need another.

We're actually on Torchbearer.  Sorry.

35 minutes ago, Generator said:

Do you let radiation-themed Blasters and Melee characters tag along, or is the buff/debuff set the mandatory element?  Hell these days you can field an entire team full of radiation-emitting characters, all doing different stuff.

If we were running with a full team of 8 on a regular basis, we could probably do with a couple of RAD-based melee' characters.  But, with the small numbers so far, we want to make sure that the AM, and debuffing are at their maximum.  We haven't taken on anyone from outside the SG yet, but in later levels, when we are more powerful, we might well start just to get the +4\x8 thing going.

What was no more, is REBORN!