Light RP teams? (Praetoria even?)

Scarlet Shocker

I'm not a great roleplayer. I mean, I do ok but it's not one of my main drivers and in the past I've gotten into stories so deep I've had to blow them out because I've got nowhere to go.

But I do enjoy "light" RP - nothing too intense (I don't wanna get too angsty) but I do enjoy the bonding and the telling of a contiguous story that not only provides fun in and of itself at the time but gives your character an added dimension that the standard levelling process simply doesn't provide.

I would really enjoy running a group from level 1 to 50 and beyond and I think I'd also particularly enjoy running Goldside - I think there's a great story to be had, discovering the corruption behind Praetoria, and then discovering the wonders and challenges of Primal Earth. (I did have a fun SG on live, the ultra-Loyalist Praetorian Imperial Secret Service - so I've got form in that area and I believe it's something the devs overlooked in forcing the path they did which channelled every Praetorian into a funnel)

I mostly play on Runion, which means if you deduced that I'm on EU time you win a gold star - but I've no objection to playing on any other server at all.

So... long story short, if anyone's interested in forming a "Casual" RP group at times I can manage, I'd be really interested in joining

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Grabbing a Coffe Madra Rua leans n the counter saying "I agree there.  but it also depends on the plot there inserted in.  For example dungeons & Dragons.  Theres an infamous ampount of ideas plots ampagins and a million and one combinations players use all the time" Takes a sip of coffe and scrunches face up before adding sugar and smile s siping it "For example there I play an good natured alcaholic dwarf with the group im in.  If a beer wagon of a cask of ale goes missing all eyes turn to him.  Of course he knows nnothing about that of course.  Here Mymain toon is a hero from Belfast who came to paragon after being stiched up for a cops death and wanted a fresh start.  It all depends on the setting and story line of the situation that will help you work towards the charecter you want"

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

4 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

I think it would be a fun idea @Scarlet Shocker! Sadly I'm US Pacific so our times would neeeeeeever match up 🙂  But I hope you find some people to play with!

I regularly interact with folks on Pacific time. I'm not saying it's perfect but it often happens 😄

but I think this idea does have legs. I hope we can get a team going

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Sorry about that!  Pinned at the top of this Roleplay board:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1104-rp-and-ooc-global-channels-code-of-conduct/

And copy-pasting this from another thread in the Everlasting Board section, but:

In-game, type these two commands:

/chanjoin OOC

/chanjoin RP

This will allow you to chat with a bunch of other roleplayers in Out-of-Character and In-Character contexts.  Chances are good that if none of the roleplay groups listed here in the forums ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1346-sgvg-recruitment-board/ ) strike your fancy, then someone on the OOC channel can point you toward a roleplay group which would be a good fit for your character.

Just remember that Global Channels use your account-specific Global Handle rather than your current character's name.  Any time you start a new character, or switch to an existing character after joining a Global Channel, you'll just need to update your Chat Tabs, lest the channel not show up.

This can be done quickly by typing this first command when you've configured your Chat Tabs to your liking, and then the second command once per character thereafter.

/chatsave

/chatload

Light RP... so all Peacebringers and Energy blasters? Special consideration for Spectrum costume users?

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Light RP... so all Peacebringers and Energy blasters? Special consideration for Spectrum costume users?

not to mention the sharks with laserbeam eyes 🤣

We actually have a proto-team nucleus in Praetoria going now and are likely to continue over the coming days. Anyone interested is more than welcome to join us. We're just realising that there's something not right in Praetoria, and it might be interesting to scratch the shiny veneer and see what's underneath... but with that, there's a risk. Have you tried not drinking Enriche for even just a day?

If you want to take part, drop a message here or ping me in game, my global is @Riff

This sounds like it'd be fun to join in with my praetorian character, Pacification Unit 58. He's a die-hard loyalist that currently spends most of his time in Atlas Park and Pocket D trying to hand out brochures on the benefits of migrating from "the mirror universe" to Praetoria. Though I'm also Pacific time and currently on Everlasting. 

We moved to Everlasting just now but we're only very low level. I'd be very happy to team if you wanted to though it'd probably be measured by when we can meet. Feel free to DM me if you're more comfortable with that

but then I found this thread:

which is outstanding and now I want to restart and work through the entire arc(s) doing everything and winning all the badges etc. I suspect this will be a great RP opportnity - "something's going on and we're the ones to get to the bottom of it" kind of thing, so we can (hopefully) leave Praetoria knowing all the arcs and stories, and also being very well rounded characters, which gives us an opportunity to take on the forces in Paragon and the Isles with an excellent understanding of what they're about and our own capabilities. It would also give us carte blanche to sideswitch to see "what the other side is doing" at any given time so we might make slow progress but we'll have a fun story to tell.

• Thanks 1

Fair warning ... you'll need to run Praetoria with FOUR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS in order to get ALL of the content!  That's because you'll need 2 each for each faction in order to see the Secret Resistance and Secret Loyalist stuff (Calvin Scott and Provost Marchand) extras ... and who shows up at your "going away party" when you exit to Primal Earth is different based on which choices you made along the way, so the Betray Alignments and Accept Alignments paths wind up with different NPCs to talk to when you leave Praetoria.

And as if that wasn't enough ... who gives you your final words of guidance when you leave for Primal Earth is different based on whether you're going Hero or Villain.  If memory serves, you get a send off from Marcus Cole himself if you're a Loyalist who is turning Hero at the end, but not if you're a Loyalist who is turning Villain ... so you might need to run through Praetoria with EIGHT different characters in order to exhaust ALL of the permutations possible(!!).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

55 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Fair warning ... you'll need to run Praetoria with FOUR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS in order to get ALL of the content!  That's because you'll need 2 each for each faction in order to see the Secret Resistance and Secret Loyalist stuff (Calvin Scott and Provost Marchand) extras ... and who shows up at your "going away party" when you exit to Primal Earth is different based on which choices you made along the way, so the Betray Alignments and Accept Alignments paths wind up with different NPCs to talk to when you leave Praetoria.

And as if that wasn't enough ... who gives you your final words of guidance when you leave for Primal Earth is different based on whether you're going Hero or Villain.  If memory serves, you get a send off from Marcus Cole himself if you're a Loyalist who is turning Hero at the end, but not if you're a Loyalist who is turning Villain ... so you might need to run through Praetoria with EIGHT different characters in order to exhaust ALL of the permutations possible(!!).

That'll kill some time! 🙂