Wondering a couple things about Incarnate rewards...

Lazarillo

Just curious on some things, one about some old stuff I recall, another about stuff I'm presently noticing.

First, I recall back in the day, there were "participation" mechanics/thresholds on Incarnate trials, that would weigh (but not guarantee) getting certain tiers of salvage tables at the end.  Not completely unjustifiably, the old devs were a little mum on the nature of what these mechanics were and how much they played into things.  Given that (a)HC has made some changes regarding reward tables and where they appear anyway, and (b)the code is presumably, a little less closely guarded these days, I'm just curious if there are any more specifics now regarding these mechanics, or whether they're even still in play.  And if they are, where exactly do they apply.  If I'm soloing a Dark Astoria arc, for example, one would think I should weight pretty highly on the "participation" requirements, but they may not even be in place.

Second, is there a limit on the amount of dropped rewards that can be obtained within a certain time period.  Particularly, is there some mechanic to limit the number of Incarnate Shards?  Comparatively, I know that Enhancement Catalysts only drop once per character per day.  I've also observed on Hamidon raids that the Mitochondria seem to have a very high chance of dropping Shards, and I can easily end up getting 5-6 in a single raid...during the first half of the "double header" runs that are frequently done.  An immediate jump back in the jello results in maybe 1-2 Incarnate Shards, if any at all.  To that end, I'm kinda wondering if getting a certain number within a certain period time puts the rewards into some sort of cooldown mode.  It could be just a matter of bizarre luck, but I've seen it happening repeatedly, so I've started to get pretty suspicious.  If there is a limit, what is it?  Is it also per day?  Per hour?  Do the chances drop all the way to 0, or simply reduce significantly?

• Like 1

I don't recall the participation metric on live being much more than "do something more than stand there through the trial," personally.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Second, is there a limit on the amount of dropped rewards that can be obtained within a certain time period.  Particularly, is there some mechanic to limit the number of Incarnate Shards?

I'm pretty sure there is no limit on shards or threads.

There are definitely limits on incarnate merits as noted in the iTrial summary here: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Incarnate_Trial

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

If I'm soloing a Dark Astoria arc, for example, one would think I should weight pretty highly on the "participation" requirements, but they may not even be in place.

From multiboxing incarnate arcs or Apex/TinM, I believe there's no participation requirement in those activities. My leeches get Rares and Very Rares just as often as my active character.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

I do need to go make another 1st level now though.  you speaking of incarnates inspires me to create another.....

Let us drown our sorrows in the satisfaction of our altoholism!

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

I don't recall the participation metric on live being much more than "do something more than stand there through the trial," personally.

I believe at least at first, there was a damage component, 'cause I recall (though it's been a long time, granted), that MMs were having trouble getting rewards in the early days of the Incarnate Trial grind.  I also recall it was changed based on the initial troubles but after (and before) that they didn't explain what the requirements themselves were, presumably to keep people from creating liabilities by trying to raise their participation numbers.  I wonder if anyone's try testing it out and just afk-ed through Trials on the current servers to see what would happen.

34 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

I'm pretty sure there is no limit on shards or threads.

There are definitely limits on incarnate merits as noted in the iTrial summary here: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Incarnate_Trial

Yeah, I was aware of the trial merit limits.  It's the weird imbalance in drops that I keep running into at Hammy raids that's making me wonder.  Again, could be just really weird luck, though.

30 minutes ago, nihilii said:

From multiboxing incarnate arcs or Apex/TinM, I believe there's no participation requirement in those activities. My leeches get Rares and Very Rares just as often as my active character.

Good to know.  Not that I'm inclined to leech anyway, but it's nice to have a full picture.

• Like 1