Tankermind combos?

Neiska

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

I’ve found that totally unnecessary on a /Time MM with Times Juncture.

This hasn't been the case for me, personally. TJ attracts aggro for the alpha for sure, but as soon as a pet hits something it takes aggro in my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzer said:

This hasn't been the case for me, personally. TJ attracts aggro for the alpha for sure, but as soon as a pet hits something it takes aggro in my experience.

May I ask how you slot it?

I use usually 6-slot the power with 4 Dark Watcher's Despair including the -Recharge proc, a Pacing of Turtle -Recharge Proc and an Impeded Swiftness +Chance of Smashing Damage proc.

I may as well be the only light in the moth house with this power.

4 minutes ago, Crysis said:

May I ask how you slot it?

I use usually 6-slot the power with 4 Dark Watcher's Despair including the -Recharge proc, a Pacing of Turtle -Recharge Proc and an Impeded Swiftness +Chance of Smashing Damage proc.

I may as well be the only light in the moth house with this power.

Ah, yeah I don't slot it for procs, as I've been told it doesn't take them well. That probably makes the difference.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, nzer said:

Ah, yeah I don't slot it for procs, as I've been told it doesn't take them well. That probably makes the difference.

It has been my experience that it takes procs quite well.  Grab a cheap proc and give it a test.  You might be surprised at its performance.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, nzer said:

Your overall point is correct, but I feel the need to point out that combined def/res totals isn't a proper point of comparison for overall sustain; 40% defense and 50% resist provides exactly the same overall damage reduction as 45% defense and no resists, but doesn't protect anywhere near as well from debuffs and mezzes.

Good clarification.   Def and Res are a core part of what makes for overall sustain, but the math is complicated and as you point out you can't simply add the two totals together for comparison of the overall sustain between different builds.   But the complex math becomes easy if you can hit the caps.    My solution to the complexities of the math is generally to aim for soft cap Defense by planning to fill in with small purple inspirations and then get hard capped S/L Resistance with the Epic shields.    

• 2 weeks later

I have a hard time feeling comfortable with having the pets at defense/resistance capped.

It is just something I have a mental block with understanding being a big defense cap and standard tankermind build player. 

I would like to know what level setting is being played with pet defense / resistance cap builds ? 

Reason I ask I can do 4/8 with my Robot Traps but it is slow run. I can do 3/8 at a decent speed. 

I have been trying to do the ITF 4/8 setting challenge on my Tankermind but I have a big issue with the Nictus map.  

I believe and I am pretty sure the first Tankermind is the player posted in my signature for trivia reasons. 

I honestly would mind seeing some builds based around this concept with some color behind it.

14 hours ago, plainguy said:

I have a hard time feeling comfortable with having the pets at defense/resistance capped.

It is just something I have a mental block with understanding being a big defense cap and standard tankermind build player. 

I would like to know what level setting is being played with pet defense / resistance cap builds ? 

Reason I ask I can do 4/8 with my Robot Traps but it is slow run. I can do 3/8 at a decent speed. 

I have been trying to do the ITF 4/8 setting challenge on my Tankermind but I have a big issue with the Nictus map.  

I believe and I am pretty sure the first Tankermind is the player posted in my signature for trivia reasons. 

I honestly would mind seeing some builds based around this concept with some color behind it.

/Traps Doesn't get a heal which hurts Tankermind builds.    Bots don't have Resistance to Negative Dmg that Nictus do.   At +8 sized mobs streak breaker is going to come into play often even if you've softcapped def and at +4 levels Nictus bosses can probably one-shot or definitely two-shot at least the T1 Bots.   Protector Bots will be vulnerable too because they can't bubble themselves, so have less Def than the other Bots.     I'd say you're at minimum going to need the 3 +Res pet IO's.  Together those add a massive (10+10+15) for a total 35% Res which will help significantly.    You'll probably also want the three +Def Pet IO's, especially for the Protector Bots and to help against AOE attacks.    

For the Nictus map, I recommend setting up Bots and traps around a corner. Then pulling and running around the corner to pull them into a choke point at the corner.  This will help protect you from getting sniped at range and should cluster Nictus and Dwarfs for Assault Bots Burn patch and your traps.   Will be slow going but should be safe enough with careful use of Insps to take the Alphas.  

But +4/+8 Solo ITF on MM is going to be very tough and slow.   MM's in general and particular Tankermind playstyles that heavily use Defensive Bodyguard mode struggle with large spawns.  The reason it's worse for Tankerminds, is that in Defensive Bodyguard mode you can't focus fire, so henchmen will spread their dmg out instead of eliminating targets...meaning you take a lot more damage.  

I've only done solo ITFs on MM's at +2/+8.   At +4/+8 I think the real issue you'll run into is going to be the last AV fight against the Nictus/Romulus.  (Unless you do something cheesy like Split the Nictus before they spawn.... or try to take out Nictus as range since they don't aggro...)    

But without cheesing that last fight, it's very hard for a MM.   The Nictus can easily wipe out pets, and it can even be difficult to deal with the Ambushes if they start getting healed by the Nictus...you're fighting the AVs.    Try to babysit Imperious all the way to the AV fight.   He'll spawn at the same +4, and with buffs from your Trap Shield and Triage Beacon he can probably hold his own taking some pressure of you and doing very respectable dmg.     Position Bots out of the PBAoe zone (especially the more fragile T1 and Protector Bots.)   And consider trying to pull Romi away from the spawn point, to make the ambushes less problematic.    

Curious to hear how you do?   +4/+8 Solo ITF on MM is definitely an accomplishment.     I think I'd want Demons/Time or Thugs/Time if I was going to try it.   Although /Dark that @BGSacho likes could also be very good on the ITF.  Not only is a strong set, but specifically for the ITF the +Res to Negative from Shadow Fall, and the massive heal would be useful.  

I think Bots/Traps should be able to do solo an ITF at +4x8, albeit slowly; the last fight will take careful planning to run through the it somewhat smoothly.  During tough fights, leverage damage and resistance debuffs via seeker drones and acid mortar.  Damage debuffs are like an active version of resistance that stacks with your own resistance, plus damage debuffs are resistance by damage resistance, so as a target's resistances goes below 0%, any damage debuff currently applied to that target is enhanced.  On my Bots/Traps, by the time an AV hits me or my henchmen, they are usually at the damage floor and aren't a threat anymore.  Spawn a set of seekers before engaging the AV, and as soon as the first set detonate, spawn another set and continue to do so as the cool down expires.  With Acid mortar debuffing resistance, the damage debuff will be enhanced.  By then, your Protector bots will have deployed their own seeker drones as well to, hopefully, neuter the target's damage.

Don't be afraid to craft multiple Destiny/Interface/Lore/Hybrid Incarnate powers for different situations and fights during the TF.  For Destiny, already have Tier 4 Barrier Core and Rebirth Radial.  Try to have a healing Lore pet available, just in case.  If you don't already have it, the Support Hybrid line could be useful, even at only a two minute duration, to overcome device debuffs.  For Interface, think about having available at least the tier 3 Paralytic radial line for the 75% chance for damage buff, at 5% per stack/4 stacks max.

Either save a few inspiration rows for the last fight or leave the map, use /ah to buy more to help with the last fight.