RP Powers?

I'm wondering if it should be hard to implement? They only will get visuals no real effect in-game.

Examples. /storm characters can make Rain effect on whole map or local map. Only on outdoors.
/Fire Manipulation characters have shimmering heat effect on local area.
/Time characters have distortion of space on local or whole map.
etc.

Edited by Darkneblade

I'd like a variant of Walk with a built-in minor stealth, about like you see on the Stealth procs or even slightly less, for anybody who likes to play a transparent character - the stealth proc slotted into Sprint works all right on mission maps when you're fighting, but not while walking! That wouldn't be too broken, would it?

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

14 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

I'm wondering if it should be hard to implement? They only will get visuals no real effect in-game.

Examples. /storm characters can make Rain effect on whole map or local map. Only on outdoors.
etc.

I think these would be better implemented as emotes or auras that anyone could use.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

I'd like a variant of Walk with a built-in minor stealth, about like you see on the Stealth procs or even slightly less, for anybody who likes to play a transparent character - the stealth proc slotted into Sprint works all right on mission maps when you're fighting, but not while walking! That wouldn't be too broken, would it?

Even just the transparency effect without actually giving stealth would be fine.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

On 2/29/2020 at 7:41 PM, Darkneblade said:

etc.

Stuff like the snowstorm power you can get during the winter event.  Except no one but the player sees that, right?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Player2 said:

Stuff like the snowstorm power you can get during the winter event.  Except no one but the player sees that, right?

There's actually one of the holiday temporary powers that allows you to apply the snowfall affect to nearby allies, even when you use it inside Missions or Task Forces. So there is -some- precedent for that sort of RP Power.

Most of the other RP Powers could be handled through Skybox Editing, Auras, and Emotes.