Change all in-game Real Numbers for Recovery and toggle cost to Endurance per Minute instead of Endurance per Second

Vanden

One thing I've noticed, from making the charts in the link in my sig, and from the ongoing thread about +Recovery set bonuses, is that when it comes to thinking about +Recovery and the endurance costs from toggles, Endurance per Minute is way better than Endurance per Second. Our base Recovery rate is 100 end/min, for example. The same number in end/sec is 1.66 repeating. I think most of us would have an easier time wrapping our heads around the first number.

Once you realize that 100 end/min is the base, basically all +Recovery effects become much easier to understand. For example, you probably know that Stamina is a 25% Recovery buff, but how much endurance is that actually? You can arrive at 25 end/min without even having to think, but to get .4166 end/sec you either need to just memorize the number or look it up every time you need it.

For toggles, switching to end/min would be a great help as well. The in-game numbers only go to two decimal places, which I guarantee you results in problems from rounding the numbers, especially since in issue 6 all endurance costs were reduced by 13% (a prime number! 😨), to make up for the loss of six-slotted stamina. In fact, I can't say with confidence that I actually know the true end/min costs of toggles, because of the possibility of those rounding errors.

So tl;dr, Endurance per Minute is superior to Endurance per Second because it's easier to wrap your head around, easier to do math with, and more accurate. End/Min are the units I'd like to see my Real Number endurance figures presented in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, ADDING Endurance/min. would be fine, but in actual practice the Rec/sec. and End used/sec. are MUCH easier for figuring out sustainable attack chains and the like.

This is because power activations are measured in seconds so End cost / activation time gives you how much End/sec. that power is eating. If that plus your toggle costs is higher than your Rec/sec. then you know your END bar will be going down so you either need some lighter powers later in the chain or plan around keeping enough blues in your inspiration tray to deal with longer fights.

• Like 1

I can see a fundamental problem with charging End on a per-minute basis -- for builds with End management issues, and pretty much every build at some point during their leveling, there are times when you need to watch your End usage and slow down attacks or pop blues; With End costs assessed per minute, you're cranking along, seeing your End getting a bit low, but you think you're good, then *wham* the per-minute End costs are assessed, your End drops to zero, and all your toggles drop... as do you immediately thereafter.

Now if this is only displaying the End costs on a per-minute basis, that's different.

30 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I can see a fundamental problem with charging End on a per-minute basis -- for builds with End management issues, and pretty much every build at some point during their leveling, there are times when you need to watch your End usage and slow down attacks or pop blues; With End costs assessed per minute, you're cranking along, seeing your End getting a bit low, but you think you're good, then *wham* the per-minute End costs are assessed, your End drops to zero, and all your toggles drop... as do you immediately thereafter.

Now if this is only displaying the End costs on a per-minute basis, that's different.

He means displaying, in numbers reporting.

20 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

Yeah, ADDING Endurance/min. would be fine, but in actual practice the Rec/sec. and End used/sec. are MUCH easier for figuring out sustainable attack chains and the like.

I tend to agree with this.  A large number of the actual calculations work with seconds, so displaying one term of the equation in a different unit adds a conversion step - which is at odds with their stated goal of eliminating or simplifying conversions. 

Basically, they're moving the problem from toggles to clicks.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)